Catholic Weddings
Options

This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilizatio

2»

Re: This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilizatio

• Options
    So robbing a bank is ok? because you can think it isn't, but telling anyone else they shouldn't would be forcing your beliefs on them.

And rape is ok for others to do? because maybe you don't think it is, but telling anyone else they shouldn't would be forcing your beliefs on them.

"sometimes" they leave once the baby is born? Where are you facts to support this? Where are you getting your information? Even if it were true (which it isn't where I'm from), this in no way argues anything. THis doesn't mean these places shouldn't exist. So someone is left alone...their baby is still alive, not dead. 
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Are you sure you are not the one drinking the kool-aid? Those so-called pregnancy centers are fronts for shoving catholic beliefs and only catholic beliefs on others. If you go to planned parenthood, they give you all of the option not just the ones they believe in. Also, some of the charities run by the church are far from helping all people. For example, catholic charities which handles adoptions. Do you think they let same sex couples adopt? Of corse not.
    Posted by pretzelgrrl[/QUOTE]

FYI, most crisis pregnancy centers are not affiliated with the Catholic Church.  They may operate on a Christian moral ethic, but they aren't "run" by the Catholic Church.  Many are supported by or referred to by Catholic parishes or by its members... but it is definitely a stretch to make that sort of blanket statement.  I know of several centers in the metro area I live in and none of the ones I can find are "run by the Catholic Church."  Several of them mention "God" and "sanctity of life" in their mission statements and brochures, but there are no official religious affiliations noted. 

Like it or not, Planned Parenthood certainly does abide by its own "moral code" of sorts and this "belief system" guides their outreach... ever heard of <u><a href="http://www.ippfwhr.org/en/node/658" rel="nofollow"><u>IPPF's Sexual Rights Declaration</u></a></u>?  I'm certain that this is a completely unbiased and objective statement without any agenda whatsoever /sarcasm.

Catholic Charities doesn't adopt to any unmarried persons.  I don't think that I need to re-hash the Catholic Church's teachings on marriage or the raising of children... The state of Illinois already forced a Catholic Charities adoption agency to close when it instituted civil unions... despite its promises of a generous religious exemption.   
  • Options
    So what we've learned:

Organizations that do a lot of good to help people should help NO ONE simply because they help people according to their faith/moral code.

It's better for FEWER people to be provided with help than for MORE people to be provided with help because we shouldn't let religious organizations uphold their beliefs that harm NO ONE in the process.

By HELPING people, the religious organizations are INFRINGING on people's RIGHTS.

MAKES PERFECT SENSE.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_this-horrible-obama-admin-will-force-religious-institutions-cover-contraceptivessterilization?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e43310d3-796c-4f22-b3b8-05b87088ba6ePost:b98463e2-452a-411d-82c5-16fc35d94c5b">Re: This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilization!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So what we've learned: Organizations that do a lot of good to help people should help NO ONE simply because they help people according to their faith/moral code. It's better for FEWER people to be provided with help than for MORE people to be provided with help because we shouldn't let religious organizations uphold their beliefs that harm NO ONE in the process. By HELPING people, the religious organizations are INFRINGING on people's RIGHTS. MAKES PERFECT SENSE.
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

Oh and don't forget that the government and media get to decide which beliefs are legitimate based upon the every shifting winds of what's en vogue.

I also just have to add that I have worked for two pregnancy centers in two different cities, one very small and one very large. Neither proselytizes as a rule but if the girl wants to talk about God, they don't brush her off. The large one also offers housing for up to a year after baby's birth, all sorts of life skill & parenting classes, and a daycare center for clients' use....so I'm curious what all these accusations are based on besides some sort of propaganda from the abortionists and their ilk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_this-horrible-obama-admin-will-force-religious-institutions-cover-contraceptivessterilization?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e43310d3-796c-4f22-b3b8-05b87088ba6ePost:5a63edf6-df77-4312-9cbf-d2a64c61172b">Re: This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilization!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilization! :  I also just have to add that <strong>I have worked for two pregnancy centers in two different cities, one very small and one very large. Neither proselytizes as a rule but if the girl wants to talk about God, they don't brush her off. The large one also offers housing for up to a year after baby's birth, all sorts of life skill & parenting classes, and a daycare center for clients' use</strong>....so I'm curious what all these accusations are based on besides some sort of propaganda from the abortionists and their ilk.
    Posted by caitriona87[/QUOTE]
    This is real good to know...my experience was from a friend who went to one but clearly their experience was different then yours...it's good to know that the pregnancy center that they went to was the bad exception not the rule...but also you need to know that not all planned parenthoods are bad either if the people working there to help not push their agenda (which I know can happen)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    What nonsense.

If religious institutions don't want to cover these things, there's a simple solution, they can turn down state funding.

Any institution taking state funds, has to be open to all and not try to force their religious beliefs on their patients.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_this-horrible-obama-admin-will-force-religious-institutions-cover-contraceptivessterilization?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:e43310d3-796c-4f22-b3b8-05b87088ba6ePost:0423fcbd-ea73-4f12-95fa-284cd7f69f26">Re: This is horrible! Obama Admin will force religious institutions to cover contraceptives/sterilization!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What nonsense. If religious institutions don't want to cover these things, there's a simple solution, they can turn down state funding. Any institution taking state funds, has to be open to all and not try to force their religious beliefs on their patients.
    Posted by micls[/QUOTE]

Nice try. But no.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards