Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Tell me your story!

I know you ladies all have great proposal stories, so let's hear them!I only got like 3 responses in the other thread, so we're trying again! Lol! Here's mine, to kick things off: We had attended a family friend's birthday party, where we had been having fun dancing to our favorite country songs. After the party was over, Shane asked if I wanted to keep dancing. We decided to head out to a pier. Once there, Shane turned his headlights on, turned up some music, and we walked out on the pier. It was a beautiful night, and we swayed in the moonlight to the music. He spun me around, then got behind me and circled his arms around my waist. He started to tell me how much he loved me, and other sweet things. He began fumbling around, and I turned around, smiling, and said, "You're not going to propose are you?" I gasped as I saw the ring in his hand. He got down on one knee, and proposed!! I was beyond surprised and it took a few seconds to get out a "YES!
(Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
(Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com

Re: Tell me your story!

• Options
    thats the cutest thing!!!!mine is twice...we are seeing hancock, and we hugged each other in the car, it's really cute and safe.. im in his arms. he popped the question.and i squeaked.lol
  • Options
    I posted mine on the other thread, but I'll do a better version on this thread.First of all, FI and I moved in together about 7 months ago, before we were engaged.  Our landlady called us because we signed a lease with an option to buy our house at the end of the lease and she wanted to tell us that the first time homebuyer's credit ended in December, blah blah blah.  So we were talking about buying our house and I said that my parents would be happy to cosign our loan, but would probably like to know that we were planning to get married.  He agreed.  So he called my parents to ask their blessing.  I was sitting right there for the phone call, so none of this was a surprise.What I didn't know was that when my dad told my grandmother we were planning to get married, she offered this crazy big diamond ring of hers (not her engagement ring, but an out of the blue present from my granddad who died two years before I was born) for my engagement ring.  So we were kind of engaged, but I had no ring.  Although FI had asked my parents, he hadn't actually asked ME to marry him.A couple weeks later, FI tells me that he remembers I told him a while back that if he got us tickets to the Florida/LSU game, I'd love him forever.  He got tickets!  So we get all geared up to go tailgating.  We did it up big and had an awesome tailgate with all of our friends.  Right before everyone left to go to the stadium, FI takes my hand and gets down on one knee and says, "You told me you'd love me forever if I got you tickets to this game, and I did. So I figure since that means you'll love me forever, I'd better ask you to marry me."  Super sweet.  All of our friends were there and it was perfect. And I was also wearing rubber boots.  Hell of a proposal outfit.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I just got engaged in August!I was away for a week for my best friend's wedding (now MOH), Tim couldn't go because of work. He picked me up from the airport early in the morning on a Monday and I was supposed to go to work for the afternoon, but was so exhausted from my 5 hour flight and 3 hour time change that I called my boss and told her I would not be coming in.Without knowing anything I had totally messed Tim up. I took a nap for most of the day, since he told me he had a doctors appt. and had to go for an x-ray at the hospital for a recent injury I didn't find it strange he was gone for the entire day. My friend V called me in the afternoon to go to coffee and I told her I wanted to just stay home (Tim begged her to get me out fo the house). Finally after Tim got home, I offered to go to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner.I was gone about 30 mintues, when I got back to our condo and opened the door I saw a trail of rose petals. I followed it into the living room where Tim was standing dressed in a suit with a dozen roses, champagne, chocolates and a ring! He got down on one knee and gave an amazing speech, then asked me to marry him! I said "YES" of course and we both got teary. He had the rest of the night planned as well: a romantic dinner, dessert and drinks on the patio at a beautiful hotel, and a walk along the river valley with champagne.I knew the ring was coming sometime soon as we had talked about it frequently and had been dating for 5 years. I never expected it to be such an emotional and romantic proposal, I am still shocked to this day that he had it all planned out and was so sneaky!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm newly engaged so here's my story: Chris and I bought a house about 6 months ago after dating for 5 years.  It's starting to get cold out so I kept asking if we could have a firepit in the backyard one last time but he kept putting it off.Finally one night I came home to find him in the backyard with a firepit and listening to his iPod.  I sat next to him and he put on my favorite song and we sang along together.  He then asked if I could go into the basement to get some more firewood to keep the fire going.  I went and got it and by the time I reached the top of the stairs he was down on one knee asking me to marry him!  I dropped the firewood and stopped dead in my tracks and after what felt like 20 minutes I finally yelled "YEAH!"Congrats to you all =) 
  • Options
    Ok....mine is probably the funniest. My FI and I are both very laid back. We believe in the rule of thumb that says if you want it...get it yourself. In November of 2008 I had gotten tickets to go see our FAVORITE instrumental band, Trans-Siberian Orchestra. So on the 20th we both got dressed up and looking snazzy, we drove to Charlotte which is about an hour's drive for us. Now up until this point we had definately talked about marriage and the engagement ring and all that. I actually new he was buying one(but I had not picked it out) So I had no idea this was coming. We weren't going to be able to spend Christmas together so we had decided to swap christmas stockings at the concert. We were early for our dinner reservation so I said that we should go ahead and do christmas then in the car......That was not his plan. He stumbled over his words and finally agreed. Well He opened up his then I followed suit. After it all he said "There should be one more thing in there" ....I looked...turned it inside out....and showed him that there was all it was. He looked confused and said "hold on it might have fallen out in the trunk". He went to the back of the car and yelled back at me that it was too dark(we were in a parking garage by the Coliseum...which adds an interesting background scenery to the funny scenario) and he needed the flashlight that was in the passenger glove box. Now me being the person who I am and who he fell in love with...my instinct reaction was to be " Why dont' you get over here and get it yourself!" But I didn't, I grabbed the flashlight and headed to the trunk area. (Now I LOVE getting presents.....I'm like a 5 year old on christmas. So I took no time in looking for the present myself) I leaned in the trunk and saw nothing, then turned around to find him on his knee. Now my first split-second reaction was something was wrong with him and I gave him a facial expression that he said was to die for....It was one of those "what the h*** is wrong with you!!! Then I realized what he was doing and began to cry. He proceded to say the most loving and romantic words I have ever heard him say and he asked me to be his wife.... Phew. That's my story ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies! OK, here is my story.  FI was my first boyfriend ever...we started dating when I was 14, and we only dated for a few months because my parents were really strict and wouldn't let me out of the house very often, so eventually we broke up and went our separate ways.  We stayed friends, but lost touch over the years.  That was 15 years ago.About a year ago he found me on Facebook, and we started spending time together - we've been inseparable ever since. Two weeks ago was my 30th birthday...he took me out for dinner at a fancy restaurant...we had an amazing time, but I knew that something was up.  When we ordered dessert, the waiter brought out a plate with a linen napkin on top.  When I took off the napkin, the ring was on the plate!  He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him in front of the whole restaurant.  Of course I said yes!!!
  • Options
    Heith and I had talked about getting married.  We have been together for almost 4 years.  After about 6 months he told me one drunken night "Us getting married is something I definitely see in our future" and it was cute even though he was plastered.  The more weddings we've been to lately he's been talking of it more "We're not doing this at our wedding, or that or this" silly things like that.  And he told me I'd have to pick out my own ring, I explained that that wasn't going to happen but I'd show him what I liked so it was a complete surprise that he had done this because we had never gone to look at rings or anything. Turns out he had planned for me and my friend to go ring shopping "for her" to get her a new wedding ring because she lost hers.  She had planned it so that there was 1 lady helping us at the store and another lady writing down what I liked!So anyway here is my story:After living all of my life in Michigan, Heith thought it was past due for me to see the Upper Penninsula.  So he planned a weekend just for us.  We took Friday off of work went up to the U.P. and Saturday we visited Tahquamenon falls. I was standing there taking pictures of this amazing wonder (with my amazing camera he bought me for christmas/birthday last year).  Now he had been acting funny all morning, but I paid no attention, the falls were so beautiful!All of a sudden I see him out of the corner of my eye standing next to me with something in his hand, so I stop taking pictures and turn to him.  And there he stands with an open ring box looking at me with tears in his eyes.  He didn't say anything, just stood there smiling and crying.  Not that he needed to say anything at all. And of course in all of my eloquence and wittiness all's I could say was "Are you serious?!" he says nothing but nodds and keeps on crying and by that time I am crying, and then instead of saying "yes" I say "Are you SERIOUS?!" hahaha! So we stood there crying and laughing.And had a wonderful rest of the day!After agreeing that if I fell in the falls he would save my ring, camera then me! haha!
  • Options
    My engagement story:I suggested we get engaged and he said OK. We went out looking at rings together, couldn't find anything I liked then so went again a few weeks later and found one I liked. I took him to the shop, he got the ring, we put it in to be resized. Picked it up a week later and he took me to a museum and proposed there. Nothing fancy or romantic lol
  • Options
    This is a great thread. Send me these if you want to be featured to ajones@theknot.com. A few pics of you and the FI along with the story. Thanks!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • Options
    ::claps::Love the stories ladies!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    woah, brantina. you win!here is mine: Steve whisked me away on a surprise vacation on Memorial Day weekend. He brought me to an incredible little bed and and breakfast called Equus Meadow Inn that is located on a horse farm in Tampa. (I'm a horse fanatic but i rarely get to ride them.) During our stay, we rode horses twice, went biking, went canoeing, and had a blast. On our last morning there, we rode horses and then went to brunch. As we returned to our cottage, Steve turned to me and said, "I have something I want to tell you." He told me about how much he loves me and how perfect we are for each other. Then he said, "I have one last thing to ask you." He then dropped to one knee and said, "Sarah Michelle...my always...will you marry me?" Of course, I said YES.
  • Options
    Here' my very embarassing story (I still won't watch the video): My most favorite place in the entire world is Disneyland. My Dad has been taking me there ever since I was like four years old and all of my favorite memories revolve around it. On a trip home to SoCal my best friend, my little sis (now MOH) and my FI (then boyfriend of 7 years...) decided that it would be really fun to go. They all knew what was going to happen, and obviously I didn't so I unknowingly did EVERYTHING possible to keep them from putting their plan into action. Eventually they got me in front of the castle to take a picture of the four of us. We took one, and then my best friend said "Let me get one of just you and Aaron." We stood together and then my FI said "Hold on... I need something really quick..." He got down on one knee and said some really nice things and the only VERY LOUD words I could get out of my mouth were "SHUT THE F*CK UP!!' In front of 50 families and a bunch of little kids AT DISNEYLAND!! The video (my little sis pretended to be snapping a pic, but was holding the camera and recording video) is SOOO embarassing and has literally been watched like 1,000 times...hahahah
  • Options
    Brandon asked me to dinner, so we went to pick up some sandwiches and went to the nearby lake and ate.After eating, Brandon said he had some gifts for me.He pulled out a series of small boxes.Each one had a letter on top, which made no sense to me at the time.Inside every box was a slip of paper with a word of something we had done together.With each box he gave me a gift that was a reminder of that time.The first box had a "D" on it and said "Here" on the inside, which represented a date we had at that same lake where Brandon made me chocolate-covered fruit.With this box, Brandon handed me a Godiva chocolate-covered strawberry. The second box had a "Y" on it and had a Hallmark sticker inside. He handed me a candle, which signified the candlelight dinner Brandon cooked me for our 3 year anniversary. The next box had an "I" on it and said "First Date" inside. Our first date was to Starbucks, so he gave me a Starbucks giftcard. The fourth box had a "T" on it and the paper said "Charleston". He gave me his running number from the trip we took to Charleston for him to run the Cooper River Bridge 10K. The next box had an "O" on it. Inside said "River Rides", from the times we tubed down the river. He handed me my innertube. The sixth box had a "T's" and said "NC State" from our years at college. He gave me Wolfpack flags. The final box had an "A" on it and said "Prom" inside. He asked me what my favorite part of prom was and after a few wrong answers I said "How you asked me", which was that he got down on one knee on Valentine's Day 4 years earlier. He began proposing. I still didn't know what the letters on the boxes meant. We have a running joke that everything I want to do, include get engaged, Brandon always says "One Day". I respond "that will be one great day!". He was proposing and said "You know how I always tell you one day we will get engaged? It's today!" I looked over and the boxes spelled out "It's Today". He asked me to marry him and I said YES!
    August 2010's LAST Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of Us
    imageBIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Even though I've been engaged for almost a year, I thought I'd just tell you our story. At the time, D didn't have work. The construction industry had fallen pretty bad so he was at home most of the time. I was still working so therefore thought it was a fair exchange for him to do the housework, etc. Now, we started going out on the 25th of the month and we always did something special for the date. So when the 25th came, I left early from work and made dinner and basically surprised him. When I got home from work the next day nothing had been done and the house was in a state. Of course I went off at him. The whole time I'm carrying on D's asking if I want to go and have a bath (I love lying in the bath for hours at a time). I kept saying no, that I'd rather do the washing and bake but he kept insisting. Eventually I went and climbed in the bath. I had my phone with me and he kept calling to make sure that I was ok. The whole time I'm thinking that something is going on but didn't put two and two together and just thought he was planning a dinner or something like the previous night. When I opened the bathroom door, there was a small torch and hundreds of candles with red roses all the way down the stairs. At each candle and rose was a letter from him. When I followed the line of roses outside he had lit a candle for every single day that we had been together. He then popped the question and we both spent like the next 30 minutes with tears in our eyes. We then phoned our parents back home but totally forgot the time difference and woke everyone up. :)
  • Options
    I love my engagement story so I figured I would share. My Fiancé surprised me with a trip to Disney World. I had already taken the week off because we were going to little day trips, or so I thought. So we go and the Philadelphia Flyers were in the playoffs the same day we arrived and my FI is a huge Flyers fan so we spent most of the afternoon watching the game. Well they were losing really badly so he decided that we were going to go to the Magic Kingdom to have dinner and see the lighted parade and the fireworks. Since it's my favorite park. We had dinner and went on a few rides and then we decided to get a good spot to watch the parade and the fireworks. So we did. Well the fireworks started and I love the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom (because I love Cinderella.) So since I had seen the fireworks show two years prior I was telling him what was going to happen and I was singing the songs, he was laughing the whole time because I was like a little kid. So I said to him the finale is going to start and it makes me cry because of the song and it's my favorite part. So right as it was about to begin he leans in to me and says can I ask you a question. Well can I tell you that I was so annoyed because I didn't want to miss it. Anyway, I hesitated a few seconds and turned and he wasn't there so I looked down and he was on one knee looking up at me with puppy dog eyes and a ring in his hand and said "Will you Marry Me?" I couldn't talk because I was crying so much. I was in shock. I finally took the ring from his hand to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. It was my dream proposal that I never thought would happen.
  • Options
    My FI and I were walking in the historic part of the town we live in, and we went down by the river which has a trail alongside it.  Aaron took me down the trail and we stopped at this secluded dock that goes over the water.  We were just standing there, and then he started holding me and singing  the love song he had written for me a couple of months before.  I was thinking, "This is really romantic!" and I was embarressed cause I'm not used to him doing stuff like that.  But, when he finished the song, he pulled out the ring and proposed! It took me a while to say anything b/c I was so shocked, but I managed to finally say yes! :)
  • Options
    My FI planned a day to go to Bushkill Falls in PA.  It's called the Niagara of PA.  It's so pretty with about a dozen different waterfalls and beautiful trails that lead around and over all the falls.  So we drove out there and when we got our map of the area I could see he was super disappointed but I couldn't figure out why and he wouldn't tell me.  So we continued on walking around and I was standing at the main waterfall taking pictures.  I had only a few shots left on my favorite old 35mm camera.  He suggested I take the last few shots and change the film before I ran out in the middle of something really neat.  So I did that not knowing that he was waiting for people to get off the walkway over the water so we could be alone.  When I was done changing the film I turned around to tell him I was ready to continue on.  He wrapped me up in his arms and started telling me how much he loved me and how he would always love me.  He then dropped down on one knee and pulled out the ring.  I stared and him and then started to cry.  I grabbed his face and kissed him.  I didn't even realize I hadn't said anything.  He finally pulled my face away from kissing him and said "Is that a No?"  I laughed and said "Of course it's a Yes!"After that we didn't feel up for more nature walking so we left the park.  FI had it all planned that the first person we would tell is my mom, who unfortunately passed away many years before I even met him.  So we drove out to the cemetary to tell her first.  About a week later I remembered his disappointment when we first got to the park and questioned him about it.  He said he wanted to propose in front of Bridal Veil Falls because of the name.  But recent flooding had made the trails out there very unstable.  A year after he proposed we bought our first house just a few miles from Bushkill Falls.  Now it's our favortie place to go close to home.
  • Options
    Before you read my story i'll just have to let you know that my FI Clint isn't a man of many words and isn't into the whole feelings things, so it wasn't a very romantic proposal but that's ok. It was my 25th birthday so he took me out the eat and i kind of had a feeling that he may pop the question but nothing happend at the resturant. So after dinner we went to another friends b-day party...( ya i know i wasn't really happy with him about this) which wasn't really what i had in mind for the night....but we stayed for a while and hung out with our friends. Once we got home i called my mom upset b/c i thought if he was going to ask me he would have done it already.So i go to bed and the next thing i know Clint comes into the bedroom and turns on the light and asked me if i had found "it" and i was like no what are you talking about. So he start's digging thru the cover's.....He had put the ring box in between the sheet and the comfortor and when i got in bed it slide to the bottom and i never noticed.So he hand's me the box and say's "here" so i look at him and asked "what is this", he replied.."isn't this what you wanted" so i was like "i don't know is it"....so i open it and it was the most beautiful ring ever.....so i'm crying and he just roll's over to go to bed and i was like " aren't you going to at least ask me".. so he goes " well aren't you going to" and i said " YEAH" to which he said "ok then i'm going to bed"    and that was it.
  • Options
    I love to tell mine.My FI and I met in Tucson, AZ in 2006. Through a series of unfortunate circumstances, he had had to move back to Florida, where he was from, about a year and a half after we started dating. Made the relationship hard, but we were willing to work at it. Now, we had started dating on New Years Day, 2007. I had told him that I was all bummed out, because I couldn't be with him for New Years 2009. I really hated that he was so far, but I couldn't get time off of work. We both agreed to call at Midnight, my time. I should have gotten suspicious when a long time friend invitied me to lunch New Years Eve, but since the two of us don't often get a chance to get together, I didn't. I almost called off the lunch, because the morning started badly. I called FI, and we talked on my way to lunch, which he convinced me to go to. My buddy and I were having a grand old time, just chatting about work and family, and the party we were going to later, when he stops and looks over my shoulder. And there is FI, with a smile. It was called "Operation Sneaky Bastards", designed to get us together for our two-year anniversary. I loved it.So at the party, which was really just a get-together with a few close friends, I start feeling sick as the nite wears on. About five until Midnite, I tell him I want to get out of there. He asks if we can wait until the year turns, and I say yes. So after we all say "Happy New Year", I say to everyone I need to leave, and FI's best friend says that FI wants to do a toast to all our friends who helped him get here for this. So we gather.Operation: Sneakier BastardsSo he starts our with thanking all of our friends for helping him pull this off. And then he looks at his two accomplices and says, "And thank you to you two for helping me pull THIS off". He smiles at me, gets on one knee, and proposes. I was so happy I cried.
  • Options
    this is a very unconventional story, LOL, but i had to share it!my fiance planned a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood for our two year anniversary.  He's a huge simpson's fan, and they just opened a simpsons ride not too long ago, so i wasn't surprised.the whole day at the park was awesome.  we got killer parking, were able to pretty much just hop on rides even though it was hot and crowded.  (seriously, where were all the people hiding??)we finally finished up with the actual rides and decided to do the tram ride.  we're going through the exhibits, and i'm taking pictures.  then we come upon the "jaws" attraction...jaws popped out of the water...and a ring box popped out my my fiance's pocket.  he kept nudging me, and i wasn't paying attention.   he finally got me to look down and i believe my response was something uber-romantic, like "are you serious?!  here?  now??!!  like in mallrats???"  (we're HUGE kevin smith fans).it was the most gorgeous sapphire and diamond ring, the center stone being from his grandmother's wedding ring.  it turns out, he had taken my best friend and MOH out to shop for the ring two weeks prior.  :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I studied abroad in Italy this summer, so Sean and I planned a vacation for after my classes were done. I took the train down from Paderno del Grappa and he flew in from Kansas City and we met in Rome...after a cancelled flight and lost luggage : ( Sean was exhausted from travelling for 36 hours straight and was upset about all that had gone wrong, but we were together in Rome! We had planned on seeing some sights that night, but we were both exhausted, so we just went to the hotel. We were both starving, and the owner suggested a pizza place right up the road. The place was fun and romantic and the perfect end to a crazy day.    The next morning we woke up feeling rejuvenated, and decided to go to the Vatican, which was amazing, but it was July in Rome, so it was HOT! So we did as the Romans do, and went back to the hotel, which had A/C, to siesta! We watched some funny music videos on MTV Italia, and relaxed in the A/C for a while. We decided to head to the colloseum, so I pulled out my subway map to see how to get there. The map was huge, so I couldn't see Sean, and he said, "Close your eyes." I just thought he was being goofy, so I played along and put my hands over my face. Then he said, "Okay, open them." So I did, and what I saw was him on one knee holding an open ring box with a gorgeous ring in it! He said, "Randi Lynn Capehart, will you marry me?" and I said, "Are you serious?!?" (Very romantic, I know) He laughed and said he was serious, and of course I said, "Yes."   I called my mom to tell her, and she knew already, because Sean had gone over to my parents' house to ask for their blessing. My sister said he was super nervous and it was really cute. My dad isn't a very social person, but he is the nicest, funniest man I know, and my mom said that when they were talking about when/where Sean was going to ask me, my dad said, "You should ask her at the end of the trip, because if you ask her at the beginnning and she says no, the rest of the trip would be really awkward." LOL   So we spent a few more days in Rome, and then went to Ponza, which is an island about 40 miles SE of Rome. It was the most beautiful place I had ever seen in my whole life, and was not crowded and touristy (we only met 1 other American while we were there) which was a nice change from Rome. We spent our days relaxing, snorkeling, eating delicious food, drinking amazing wine, exploring the island, and we rented a private boat our last day there. It was the most romantic, fun time ever, and we called it our "Engagement Honeymoon," because we know that our regular honeymoon could never top it lol
  • Options
    My fiance and I had been dating 5 years long distance, when I lost my job and it was getting kind of lean he asked me to just put my house up for sale and move up (I had intenetions of moving up the following year anyway). We had had the talk about marriage,and had looked at rings, but he was never ready. So I move up and he has to go out of town for on business,and before he leaves he wants us to make plans for a vacation after he returns. So we decide on Napa Valley (our fav),and we start making arrangements,including a wonderful dinner at a 5 star restaurant that weekend. Well while he's gone I go get the mail and there is a card from a jewelry store, Save $500 on your NEXT purchase. AHHHHH what do I do. I call my mother she tells me to throw it out and dont think about it, yeah right!! We arrive at or favorite B&B,and start our tours. We get up Saturday and I'm thinking all day it'll be at the restaurant that evening. We visit some wineries,and before we go back he wants to hit our favorite Silverado,we get our wine and go to the terrace where there are alot of people,so he goes and asks the person inside if we can go the the upper deck that was blocked off to take pictures, I'm so stupid! We get up there and he takes a few pics,then starts acting goofy,now I know somethings up.But before I can think he's on one knee. I honestly dont remember what he said,he had to repeat it later. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner as an newly engaged couple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I love these....but I promise I have the craziest, unexpected one and you will wonder why I am even marrying this man.I have known my fiance for about 11 years now. We went to school together at a small private school but was never allowed to date(by law) because well....he graduated when I was in the 8th grade. GROSS...right?! but he always looked over me and made sure I was okay. He escorted me in a couple of pageants I competed in. Although we didn't date back than he was always there for me. After he graduated and went off to college, I left the private school and went to public school for high school and we lost contact for about 4 or 5 years. The end of March last year, he found me on Myspace on a Thursday and by Saturday we were on our first official date. I moved in to his house in May and at the end of May I went on a trip with my best friend(now MOH) to Key West for a week. The 2nd night I was in Key West I got a text message that said he hated that I wasn't there with him and he never wanted me to leave him again like that. The next text said "Will u marry me"... So creative right? I called him and asked if he was serious and he said he was and my reply was "yeah...why not"...When I got back home he had changed all my statuses on FB and Myspace to say I was engaged, but I still didn't have a ring. In July, we went on a vacation to Florida still without a ring. The last night we were there, we went for a walk on the beach and he asked me to get my camera out, so I did. I am a big picture freak, so I just assumed that he wanted to take a picture of the ocean or something random, but instead when I reached for the camera and turned around he had the ring out and he said "why don't you take a picture of this". I cried...It is exactly what I wanted and didn't expect it at all! I never got one knee and I never got a Will you marry me in person, but honestly, if you knew my fiance this is something he would do. He is not the most romantic person on the planet by far, but I definatley will have an interesting story to tell the grandkids!
  • Options
    Here's my story. Totally worth reading! I should start by saying that I met my fiance through joining my brother's softball team. They needed girls, and I didn't have a team for summer 2008, so I signed up to play. My first practice with them, I met Steve.  sports has been a huge part of our lives together, especially softball. So, it's May 1st, 2009 - our very first softball game and also my birthday weekend. My parents were invited to come to the game, which wasn't too strange since they live less than one hour away.As the game went on, everything was normal. We were getting our butts kicked, which was the norm. For the last inning, Steve took me out as pitcher and stuck me as catcher. He then took over pitching. Again, it was the norm! If I wasn't pitching, then he did.The ump asked him if he wanted a warm up pitch, and he said no. Then, the batter came up to the plate and Steve pitched this awful throw in to me. But there was something wrong with the ball. It had pink ribbons and writing all over it. Both our team and our opponents were like, "What is that???"  I picked up the ball and it said, "OPEN ME" on it, so I started to try to untie the ribbons. I was shaking so hard, so I looked at Steve and said, "I can't open it!!"He ran in, and helped me untie the ribbons. He had gutted the inside of the softball and placed a box inside with my great, great-aunt's antique ring inside that my parents gave him when he asked for my hand. Once we had the ring box out, he got down on his knee and asked me to marry him, in front of my entire family, all of our teammates, and a bunch of strangers. I started to cry, nodded Yes, and hugged him SO tightly!! My mom and dad were SO happy that they ran out on the field screaming and hugging us.Seriously, the BEST way to propose! We met on the softball field, got engaged on the softball field, and we will for sure incorporate softball into the wedding!
  • Options
    After dating my boyfriend for 2 years he joined the Air Force and his first station was England, of all places! We live in COLORADO!!! We knew then we were in it for the long haul, even though there was no formal comitment, so we decided to try and make the long-distance thing work. We had talked very hypothetically about getting married after he got out of the Air Force and after I graduated from college in May of 2010. Part of me really wished and hoped for a European engagement, but Chris's mom told me that "if we were planning on proposing he would have told me." So that bummed me out a bit, but I was still was excited to be with him. In July of 2009, after being apart for 9 months, I flew to England to visit Chris. We planned to spend a few days in Paris, a few days at his base in England, and one night in London. On our last night in Paris we decided to have a mini-picnic on the lawn in front of the Eiffel tower. We had been to the tower before since our hotel was so close, but this was the first time we had gone during the evening. After we picked out a spot to set up camp, Chris looked for someone to take our picture in front of the tower. Since there were MANY people gathered in front of the tower awaiting the lights, he had no problem finding somebody. As we stood in front of the tower at sunset, waiting for a fellow tourist to take our picture, Chris got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, and asked me to marry him! I was pretty speechless but I was able to compose myself enough to say "Yes!" Ironically enough, because I wasn't planning on being proposed to, I had worn a shirt that says in bright red letters "DON'T PANIC," which is forever captured on film :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ok, first I have to say, I love all these stories, some have made me laugh others get teary, anyways, congrats to all of you!!! here is mine, I got engaged June 30th... It was a Tuesday and I was leaving on vacations (not with him) on Thursday, so he told me in advance that since Wednesday I was going to be busy getting everything ready we were going to be taking the Tuesday for us. Which I didn't see as weird at all. We spent the whole day together having fun and just enjoying each others company and when it got dark we went to Long Beach, it was a surprise to me to find out we were taking a gondola ride, I didn't even know they had that here! So, we got in a Gondola, he had brought a bottle of wine and bought a platter of cheese/fruit etc there for us to have during out ride. By this time I asked why he was being so romantic and he just answered that it was because I was leaving and wanted to make sure I knew how much he loved me. And so we got in the gondola ate and drank it was great but I still had no idea of what was going to happen. When our ride was over we got off and stayed talking on the pier, he put his face really close to mine and asked me if I was happy? I said of course, then he went on to say that he was too and that he always wanted to make me happy and other things that I don't remember well because as he was talking he starting going down and getting on his knee and till he asked me if I wanted to marry him. By this time I was crying and and got down with him crying, hugging and kissing him. I don't think I actually said yes, but he knew my answer of course!!
  • Options
    ok, these are so much fn to read!MY FI and I got engaged May 15th. We had been dating for about 6 1/2 years so I have been bugging him for a ring for quite a while. We had gone out for a nice dinner and gone back to his place. He asked me if I wanted to watch a movie, so I of course said sure. He hands me the new Bride Wars movie (in my head I'm thinking, wait you're not going to watch this you hate chick flicks) and asks if I want to watch it, I just gave a funny look. He then tells me that he finally got me what I have been bugging him for and he gives me a huge fake diamond(I still have no clue what was coming, because he had recently done the same thing with a fake house saying he bought us our first house). I laughed and told him he was real funny, the next thing I know he goes 'is this one better?' gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. I was completely surprised because I thought I would have expected it. Apparently I said yes so convincingly he teases me about it all the time.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • Options
    I love telling my story (: Dave had just gotten out of the Marine Corps and I moved in with him. That same week, we had plans to go to a Red Sox game with my brother and his girlfriend, because she had never been (keep in mind I am a HUGE Red Sox fan). So, we went into Boston early, had lunch, and were just walking around and having fun. Dave kept asking me over and over what time it was, and then finally said, "Let me know when it's 4:30". So when 4:30 rolled around, we were waiting outside Fenway Park, and I kept asking what we were waiting for. So then, Dave made me close my eyes, and he and my brother's girlfriend led me through the ballpark until we got out to where the seats are, and they let me open my eyes. We got taken down on to the field during the batting practice, and I thought that was my surprise since I love the Red Sox and I've always wanted to do that. So then, Dave told me that I had to close my eyes again. Now at this point, I was starting to get irritated because I just wanted to enjoy being on the field. But I did it, and when I opened my eyes again, he was down on one knee with the ring in his hand and asked me to marry him. I was so shocked by everything that it took me a minute to say yes (: Oh, P.S. - Right after I said yes, Dustin Pedroia (the 2nd baseman and my favorite player) came over and gave me a baseball and said congratulations. As if getting engaged wasn't exciting enough! People still joke that I liked the ball better than my ring, but that's so not true (:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got engaged November 2o (wow it's almost been a year!) Anywho, my FI surprised me at work one day with roses and said "lets go out tonight". It was no big deal since we go on random dates all the time. We get to a restaurant, had a nice dinner, then I said I would like to go shopping to see if I could get  a new outfit for Thanksgiving dinner at his parents house. We went to JC Penney's and he said "hey lets go look at the ring for fun" I laughed and of course said yes, who would want to try on diamonds? ;) So I'm trying on rings, not seeing many that grab me. And he says " I see one that you'll really like" I starting looking in the case and notice him kneeling on the ground. I said "which one?"  He pulled the ring out of his pocket and said "this one" and slid it on my hand. I was so shocked I looked at the lady behind the counter, then looked back at my FI...thinking he took a ring off the counter. He waiting a minute, and the said "um, so..." And I then realize my jaw hit the floor and I yelled "OF COURSE!" so loud that everyone in the store turned and looked! The best part was the lady behind the Jewelry counter was like " did you get that here!?" and he said "No"...so she tried selling us wedding rings :DEvery time I walk into JcPenney's now I get goosebumps!
  • Options
    brantina...Ffrom another wolfpack couple...your story made me cry...not just teary eyed...but tears streaming down my face! Congrats and good luck planning!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards