Just Engaged and Proposals

Tell me your story!

2»

Re: Tell me your story!

• Eric asked me to go to the Central Michigan University basketball game (for the first time) vs. Akron on Saturday, January 26th, 2008. I almost didn't go because I had a lot of homework & my friends were going to the movies (we ended up going later), but Eric said that it really meant a lot that I was going. So I was guilt tripped into going. Then close to half time of the game, Eric tells me that he's going to participate in one of the half time competitions (so I wouldn't leave for the restroom). I thought that was cool. So half time rolls around & CMU is winning (surprisingly). One of Eric's friends wins the first contest & then Eric tells me that he's next. So I'm like cool, whatever. The next thing I know, on the scoreboard/videotron it says "Nicole, WILL YOU MARY ME? -Eric" I didn't think that was me until Eric was pulling me off the bleachers (we were sitting in the second row of the student section), gets on one knee, & pulls out this huge maroon velvet box with a ring inside of it. He quickly spits out "Will you marry me?" & I cover my mouth in disbelief. I don't remember some parts of it, because it all happened so fast, but I remember saying "YES." The crowd gasped in amazement. Then I looked up, in tears, & saw my mother in the stands, so Eric took me to see her. I had random strangers saying "Congratulations" to me, which was weird. Eric's roommate got a pic on his phone of my reaction (classic). So my mom & I stayed there & talked about stuff & Eric went back to his seat. Apparently, he had been planning this whole thing for almost 3 weeks & I had no idea about any of it. Had I known I was going to be the center of attention, I would have done my hair a little differently & worn different clothes, but I guess that's all just a "moo" point, because I'm engaged now to the man of my dreams & I couldn't ask for more=) CMU won by the way by one point, such a perfect day!
  • I absolutely LOVE our proposal story! One of our favorite things to do together is go camping. Our first trip was less than two months into our relationship, but our favorite trip was a 19-day trip from Phoenix (where we lived then) up thru CO/WY to Yellowstone and back thru ID/UT in the summer of 2007. On that trip, I fell in love with Rocky Mountain National Park and the trails we hiked in the tundra off Trail Ridge Road. This last summer (2009), we took my brothers and parents on a 1-week camping trip there. Driving to our campsite in the park, we passed over the same road and hiked some of the same short trails to mountaintops. One of our favorite spots was a boulder field at the top of a mountain that overlooked a huge valley and more mountaintops. When we got there, Tom said, "Let's take one of those artistic shots of us looking off in the distance..." So one of my brothers took them individually, then Tom said, "Now let's get one of us together..." While I was waiting for him to come and stand by me (and just enjoying the view looking off in the valley), I saw out of the corner of my eye that he was beside me, on one knee! I looked down and over at him, and let a string of expletives (how romantic, right!?), and "are you serious?? are you serious??" After a seemingly long pause, I finally remembered that I was supposed to say, "YES!" We got some great pictures and I'm SO glad my brothers were there to capture everything (*the moment* that went on our save-the-dates, him putting on the ring, the kiss, the hug, and a LOT of pictures immediately after!) I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! We will be married one year and one day from that date, on June 18, 2010!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards