New York-Hudson Valley
Options

New? Read this first!

Hi Everyone, Welcome to the Hudson Valley board! Here are few helpful hints to get you acclimated to the environment of the board. We are a friendly bunch of ladies eager to help answer any questions you may have as well as any vendor recommendations you may need. We are excited for new posters to add to our community so we encourage you to post a lot! As for me, if you have any questions, comments or concerns about anything happening on the board, please e-mail me at Miavitabella0248@aol.com. I’m always online so your e-mails will be replied to rather quickly. --Jaimie

Helpful AdviceTROLLS:
On this board, we prefer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Please, be adult with your responses to other Knotties, whether they are asking for advice or just venting. This board is not a place for Bridezillas and it is not a place to personally attack someone. If you come here and harass another Knottie, your post will be deleted. If you continue to harass other Knotties after the deletion, you will be banned for 3 days.This is a fun place for all of us and we want to keep it that way. It's the internet... don't take things so seriously!
VENDORS:
You are NOT allowed to post here and advertise for your business. This includes sellers on Etsy. If you post as a vendor, you will be banned and your post deleted.

INTROS:
 When newcomer's get on the board it can often be confusing when they post randomly. A little introduction about you and you wedding is great! Things to help you along: Your name as well as your fiancee, where you are from, your wedding date, your vision for your wedding, and where you are in the planning process H

BIOS:
If you haven't done so yet, make a bio to show us all of your ideas. Some good sites for that are freewebs, weebly and google. They are free and you can customize them as you see fit. Our board also has its own bio with vendors used and the brides on the board. If you e-mail me, I will add you to the list if you would like.  Here is the link: http://hvbrides.weebly.com/index.html

Re: New? Read this first!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am brand new to this part of the knot.. been using the checklists and budgeters religiously though for a bit.  My name is Alonna and my fiance is Chris - our wedding is 10-24-10. We are having the ceremony and reception at Christos in Poughkeepsie - I would be curious to hear from anyone else who has had or gone to a wedding there!  We have our DJ and photographer, now on the hunt for an officiant:) I think we will be using the DB color Wine for BM dresses... any flower/centerpiece ideas would be great.  I think for favors will use candles (personalized) by Beacon D'lites... some sort of fall smells:) I look forward to connecting with other brides in the area!!
  • Options
    omarieoomarieo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Alonna:-) My name is Marie and my fiance's name is Rob. We are planning on getting married next summer 2011 preferably July 22nd, 2011. Looking for a site that's a ceremony, reception and even hotel/B&B, but that part is not necessary. Outside ceremony and cocktail hour and inside reception. Also looking for a place on a cheaper budget 75-85 per person...if anyone has any ideas or suggestions?  I also don't think I want to go more than an hour away from my house in warwick, new york (orange county).
  • Options
    clc918clc918 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,
    I am not new to the knot discussion boards but I am to local boards. I just found out about the local boards. I used the knot in planning for my wedding and I appreciated all the advice I received. My husband Dave and I just got married this past June. We had a great wedding and enjoyed the planning process. I look forward to helping brides planning their wedding in anyway I can.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi My name is Erin and my fiance's name is Roger. 

We're getting married Oct 16, 2010.  Second marriage for both, this time we're doing it right.  We're having a small wedding of about 60 people, which seemed to be a issue, since most venues like parties of 100+, none the less I found a place in New Windsor called Diana's.  A friend of mine had her wedding there and it was very nice.  When I went to check it out, they were very accomodating and quite reasonable..  It's still a reception hall and the resteraunt is on the other side.  The reception area is all inclusive with a stage for the dj and plenty of room.  Were having it buffet style to help fill up some of the space, but, that leaves plenty of dance space. 

I'm trying to do as much DIY as possible.  I found favor boxes @ favor frenzy (50 for $15.00) that I'm going to put cookies that I'm baking in.  I have the small clear candy bags that I'm going to put the cookies in and use the gold seals that I got from Michaels.  The box closes like a lunch sak and I have brown satin/organza ribbon that I'll tie it off with. I've also added a little heart charm that say's love on it which is held on by the bow.   I't simple, elegant and homemade.   I've been getting some wonderful ideas from this site.  I'm having so much fun this time around. I have a picture of the favor box on my bio page /photos. I'm having so much fun this time around.  I'm making it my own...... & creating great memories.    
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MythpenMythpen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello out there. I'm fairly new to the knot and very new to message boards, so I apologize if I goof something up. My name in Rachel and my fiance is Chris, we just got engaged on Christmas day and we're aiming for a September 2012 wedding. Neither of us are millionaires by any means so we aimed at a long engagment in order to save up. Thus we (or I guess I'm ) still looking at lots of ideas. It will probly boil down to an outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor reception, hopefully all at the same location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Knotties!  My name is Ragan and my fiance's name is Dennis.  We're both Westchester natives, but we're having our wedding on 10-3-10 in Stamford, CT (Italian Center of Stamford).   I'm not new to the knot, but I'm new to this board. 

We're still looking for a ceremony location between White Plains and Stamford (preferrably on the water) and we're also looking for a photographer between WP and Stamford (I'll put that stuff in another post).  Anyway, Congrats to all on your upcoming weddings!

UPDATE:  we have changed venues - we're back in NY now.  That being said, 10/3/10 is now available at the Italian Center of Stamford...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi My name is Katie and my fiance's name is Michael.  I am from the Hudson Valley (newburgh) but we live in GA where Michael is from.  We will be getting married in NY, June 11, 2011. 

We will have our ceremony in the church I grew up in, in Bullville.  Then we are getting our contract ironed out at our venue for the reception, Holiday Inn Fishkill.  I am on a tight budget for how many people we want to have, and that is the most improtant thing to both of us, to have the people who are important to us there.  I am always open to any tips about DIY to save some money. 

Looking forward to planning this wedding with some helpful suggestions from you all!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge:Favorite Snack
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ellenstamenellenstamen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, New here.  My name is Ellen my fiance is Gary adn we live in Manhattan. We are getting married in 2011 in the Hudson Valley.  Not sure where yet.  The only thing I've booked so far is my planner, Anh Sobo of Hudson Valley Events.  I found her on the Wedding Bee, they couldn't say enough nice things about her.  Has anyone here used her?  I love her.  She also was the DOC for two people I know.  She did one of their weddings this weekend at the Bronx Zoo, totally cool location, but they definitely needed her.  Anyway, she is helping with the location search, but would love to hear from some of you.  I am looking for outdoor, mansion, water view no more than two hours from the city.  I do plan to do a lot myself to help keep costs down.  I guess that is my way of rationalizing spending money on the PERFECT location when I find it.  I've already seen Locust Grove, The View, Falkirk, Catlin Gardens, Livingston, Apple Barn (thought I wanted barn, but changed my mind after seeing some), Arrowfield and my most favorite so far is Glenmere (they just reopened and Anh is their coordinator), but still want to keep looking.  I have over a year.  Anyway, I look forward to posting.  You all seem like a great bunch.  Ellen
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Amy and my fiancee is JJ.  We're getting married in October 2011.  I just went to the bridal show at The Villa Borghese last night.  We're probably going to have our reception there.  Now I'm looking fro a photographer and a dj.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello all,

My name is Kristin and my FI name is Kevin. Right now we are aiming for a wedding date of 7/3/11 but it is not set in stone just yet. We need to do a long weekend due to Kevin as well as a few of the groomsmen and guests being in the Military. Kevin is at the end of a 12 month tour in Iraq right now so I am a little overwhelmed with making some big decisions without him (choosing a venue). We will most likely be living in Washington State in a few short months once he returns from Iraq. We will be planning our wedding for here in the Hudson valley and are strongly leaning towards the Fountains at the Wallkill Golf Club.

Kevin is a West Point Grad and we are really hoping to have the ceremony there. However we are running into some trouble being that we are having a Sunday wedding because of a smaller number (around 100). West Point Chapels don't do Sunday weddings Frown. So now I am on a mission to attempt to set up an outdoor ceremony on the West Point grounds. Wish me luck....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Janet and my fiance' is Jared.  We are getting married at the Old Tappan Manor in Old Tappan, NJ and live in Orange County.  Currently we have our photographer booked, but we are looking for a DJ and Videographer.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to stick to a tight budget!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    elfygirl99elfygirl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone!  My name is Emily and my Fiance is Steven.  We got engaged on top of the Eiffel Tower in February and we're hoping to get married on Oct. 29, 2011.  I'm dying to have a Hallowedding, but at the same time am fully aware that A) Halloween is on a Monday that year which is rather inconvenient, and B) my fiance's youngest 2 siblings are going to be 10 that year and I wouldn't want to deprive them of Trick or Treating!!  We're still planning a Halloween theme however, with a corpse bride cake, and pumpkins, and tombstone place cards, and candy bar, etc.... I have so many cool ideas, if only I could pick a location...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!  My name is Meredith and my fiance's is Jason.  We got engaged on Christmas Eve, and are planning a wedding on 10/15/11 at the Fountains Town of Wallkill.  We currently live in the Harrisburg PA area (i was born and raised in Middletown).  So far we have our venue, photographer, DJ, and wedding dress checked off our to do list.  Im looking foward to discussing everyone's plans and ideas as our wedding gets closer! :):)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hello everyone

My name is Tahira and my husband name is Karim we will be celebrating 10 years December 31,2011 being married. We decided since Dec is cold we change the month long as it is on the 31st. So March 31, 2012  is the date we will be renewing our vows. The first time we got married was @ the Brooklyn county clerk office with a few family members and no reception or honeymoon. Now we have the time and funds to do it up Little on a budget a while celebrating this mile stone. I am  doing research on the venue in the surronding  areas of Beacon, NY. Our max number of guest 75-80 people if u know any venues that reasonable price and will be easy to locate by cab or car any suggestions will be helpful. I

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lora and my fiancee's name is Larry.  We got engaged on 12/23/09 and are getting married 7/10/11.  We are getting married at Our Lady of Mount Caramel in White Plains and then our reception is going to be at the Westbury Manor in Westbury.  I've been a member of the knot for a long time but really just started using the boards especially the community board.  I am thinking of either having red or eggplant colored bridesmaid dresses.  I'm just now in the process of going dress shopping.  Looking forward to all the ideas you ladies have to share.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone! My name is Angie, my fiancee's name is Mike. We live in Orange County, NY. Our wedding will be June 11, 2011 in PA. We got engaged over Memorial Day weekend which came as a complete suprise! We can't wait till our wedding and just enjoy the day with family and friends! We are planning on about 150 guests. We booked our venue and offiiant shortly after we got engaged. Now we are working on finding our photgrapher and everything else. We are doing some stuff ourselves. We are making our own invites and save the dates. For our favors we are doing personalized hershey bars and a candy bar. Laughing
  • Options
    carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi My name is Carol and my fiancee's name is Jason . I'm soooooo excited !!!!  I can't beleive it's finally my turn !  Our Wedding date is 9-1-12 and we just booked our Venue . The Villa Barone Hilltop Manor , that place is AMAZING !  I can't wait to take pictures .  At their lake , their terraces , all over , the place is just unbeleivable!  This time i'm actually the bride instead of a bridesmaid or maid of honor lol   :)

Hope im posting in the right place ,   I couldn't wait to start talking about my big day !

Now to pick out a dress ! 

At least the hard part is done, I know im in good hands with the Villa Barone.

Well the maid of honor is here to go shopping , Off i go !

Bye for now  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Julia and I am getting married next summer at the Wainwright House in Rye.  I am excited to have found this board and at all the great info that I have found on here thus far - thanks!!

I look forward to chatting with you all!
    julnyc
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! My name is Erica and my fiance is Kevin. We live in Fishkill and  got engaged June 18th.  We will be getting married at The Highlands Country Club on     6-3-11. I absolutely fell in love with the place when I saw it. We're having a small wedding, about 75 people, so it's perfect for us. Look forward to chatting with you ladies about all the details! Happy Planning :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Krissy and my finace is Steve.  I'm from Southern California, and Steve's from Wappingers Falls.  We're getting married at the Poughkeepsie Grand on Nov 11, 2011.  My biggest thing is that I want the wedding to represent US...I don't want a total cookie-cutter wedding.  My colors are teal and copper.  I am having sunflowers as my flowers (trying to decide whether to use fresh or silk).  The guys will be in chocolate brown tuxes.  Bridesmaids dresses are going to be a beautiful shade of teal...tea-length dresses, but all different styles to suit the girls' body types (my lil sis is making hers!)  We're plannin on doing lots of DIY stuff to save on cost, as well as make it more unique...my FI brews beer and I make jam, so we're going to make these as favors (one of each for each guest).  Oh, also, I have a Man of Honor instead of a Maid of Honor, along with 3 bridesmaids.  All of the major vendors are booked, it's just a matter of putting all the little things into place!  Since I'm not totally familiar with the area, I will be using this board A TON to get advice/recommendations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, My name is D. and my fiancee's name is C. We just got engaged on June 21 and don't know when/where our wedding will be. I have a big family, mostly from Philly but my fiancee and i live in NYC (and his family is mostly in westchester, ny) so we're taking all areas into account (NJ, NYC, and westchester NY), even a destination wedding

We're probably going to have about 125 guests if we keep the wedding in the states. I'm not very familiar with weddings in the NYC and westchester area but I'd love to hear more about other bride's special days that were reasonably priced. I'd like to keep the cost (including open bar) to $130/head and under. We probably prefer a place where the ceremony and reception can be together. Beautiful outdoor  area (or nearby) is a must. Any ideas to share? Thanks!

D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi All! My name is Melissa and My Fiance's name is Rob. I am getting married on 12.31.10 at The Glen Island harbour Club in New Rochelle, NY. I already have alot of the major things done and I am starting to work on all the details now.
  • Options
    Ladyluna21Ladyluna21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My name is Jennifer and was thinking of using Christo's also. Can you tell me what is they're price range for the wedding package they offer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! My name is Vicky and my FH is Jeff. We got engaged in April and our wedding date is set for Oct 22, 2011. We are getting married at the Villa Barone HIlltop Manor in Mahopac and I love the place. We looked at over 15 places in the tri-state area and this was it.I'm from Orange County and my FH is from Long Island and we both live in CT now.

I'm new to the knot message boards by I am an avid fan of the weddingbuzz on facebook!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker **FIRST TIME MOM**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone! My fiancee Jesse and I just got engaged last month in Italy! Now are planning a wedding for next July 2011. I am new to the Knot community and am hoping to gain some wisdom and feedback from local brides in the area. We are planning on having an interfaith outdoor wedding and so far our venue that we love is Alder Manor in Yonkers. Has anyone else booked their wedding there? We want to have a wedding with an old world, vintage vibe. I look forward to meeting some Hudson Valley brides. - Lisa 
  • Options
    kristinsnunezkristinsnunez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi My fiane and I both live in CA.  I"m from the Hudson Valley, and My fiance is from CA, but his family all live in Wisconsin.  We're having alot of issues planning our wedding which is why I cam here for some help! I can't wait to use the knot as a resource, Its my first time here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!
    My fiance and I both live in Central New Jersey. I'm from Westchester and am having the ceremony and reception at the Renaissance Westchester. We've been engaged since Christmas Eve and I pretty much jumped right on the planning process. Our wedding is in June 2011. I just have certain details left to plan and am sure I'll be using this board for some ideas and help! Smile
    You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi Ladies!!!
    My name is Erica & my fiance's name is Larry. We were both born & raised in lower Westchester county. Last September we bought our 1st home together in Croton.
    We have been engaged since December of 2009 and we are getting married March 18th 2011 - 6 1/2 months but hey whos counting!
    Our ceremony will be at St. Theresa's in Briarcliff and the reception will be at the Villa Barone Hill Top Manonr.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone my name is Denise and my fiance is Michael. We've been together 8yrs and on November 26, 2010 we'll be tying hte knot. We've decided to have our ceremony and reception at The Fountainhead in New Rochelle.

While we're originally from the Bronx we've been living together in Yonkers for 3yrs and can't wait to finally become one blended family!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone! My name is Erica and my fiance is Jonathan. We both grew up in Westchester County but currently live in San Francisco, CA. We've been together for about 2 years and are getting married on Sept. 17, 2011 at Apple Barn Farm in Livingston, NY. The day can't come soon enough. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards