New York-Hudson Valley

New? Read this first!

2»

Re: New? Read this first!

• edited December 2011
    Hello!
    I'm Jennifer and my fiance is Larry.  We are getting married in October 2011.  I am wondering what people have heard about the Grandview and the Poughkeepsie Grand, both in Poughkeepsie.  I am also looking for feedback regarding DJ's and photographers. Any advice on fall favors would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!

My fiance and I have been engaged since September 2009, and are getting married October 7, 2011.  This should be a relatively interesting affair since it truly is "City Boy marries Country Girl"!

Good luck to all the brides and grooms on this site!!
  • prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Bella,

I must compliment you on your board management.  I just happened here for the first time and I was curious about the subject.

I got married in July 2010 but have been a member much earlier (I dodged a bullet). Not every board is as careful with their requirements and I was turned off from them because the women were VERY nasty.  All  I could think is "these are some hateful chicks."

I came here because I posted vendor reviews in NYC and figured I could lend a hand in Westchester because I used a few Westchester vendors.
  • sosweetmelisssosweetmeliss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Melissa and my fiance is Kevin.  We just got engaged this past weekend and I am so excited!!  I am brand new to the planning process and just starting to get my feet wet.  We are most likely looking to have a beautiful wedding in the Hudson Valley with all of our friends and family present.  So excited!!
  • prshelleyprshelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

My name is Michele, I am gettting married next NYE at Glen Island in New Rochelle. I have been dating my fiance (on and off) for about 8 years now and I couldn't be any happier about marrying him! I have alread posted a few things on the board but I wanted to formally introduce myself :) I look forward to chatting with all of you and exhanging ideas and tips!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I heard Christo's was very nice.Congrats on your marriage! I absolutely love the Beacon D'lites candle shop! What a great idea with the candles! I will be getting married 11.5.11, so you must tell me how they turned out!!!!  Thanks!
  • mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello Everyone!
    My name is Maria and my fiance's name is Joe. We just got engaged this past Sunday, been together for a little over 5 years=) I am looking to get married in October 2011 on our 6th anniversary.
    We are also in the process of buying a house, hopefully we close within the month so it is stressful and happy all at the same time.
    Our ceremony will be at my church in Middletown, NY and i'm not sure of a venue yet, but I'm looking as the clock is ticking....
    Looking forward to getting help and sharing ideas.

• edited December 2011
    Hi all,
    I guess I should have posted here first, but I just noticed this thread, oops  :)

My name is Shari and my fiance's name is Matt. After dating for almost 4 years we got engaged in September 2010. I'm from Dutchess Co, he's from Eastern Pennsylvania and we currently reside in Orange County. We are getting married July 30, 2011 at Patriot Hills. At this point we already have all of our major vendors.

Nicole Wagner, Custom by Nicole - Photography
    Bri Swatek, Spinning with Style - DJ
    Lee Vazquez - Florist
    Jeanne Stark, Hudson Valley Ceremonies - Officiant

I got my dress within a month, although I've been doubting it recently; we just ordered our invitations, and we're meeting with our baker next week. We did a lot real quick because my fiance travels for work and his schedule changes all the time (and I'm pretty anal and like to cross things off my to do list!).  So far so good. Though I have to say, planning all the little things is what's stressful for me... making sure everything matches, making sure all the out of towners are comfortable, whether or not to get a bus for guests, and making sure all of our choices fit into our theme, etc...

I look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    My name is Mary and my venue is Dolce.... Norwalk, CT.... hollaaa! :)
    I live in Fairfield County but I was born in New Rochelle.. :)
  • alba x mongealba x monge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey I am Alba.  I am getting married Oct. 15th.  1 week before you.   I too am looking for an officiant.   I'm looking for a photograher.  Would you share your photograper's name?   I've got a DJ and have made an appt for me to come and listen to his style.   so that's not set in stone yet.   Please advise.  Candles.  they sound good.   I was going to to to Mikasa in the outlets and see what stuff they have on sale and give a thank you gift per family rather than per person.
    Mr. & Mrs. Rosa
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Kerin and my FI name is Matt. We are getting married on Sep 23rd 2011 at Patriot Hills.  We have been engaged for about 10 months now, which seems like forever to the both of us. People always tell me that it goes fast, but not for me, although the last 2 months have flew by so maybe time is speeding up. Since our engagement has been a long one, I pretty much have everything done and booked, except for my florist and Hair. The colors that we picked are Black and Fusica which I love, love, love!

I am not new to the knot and have known about the local boards for a while, I've just never posted. You ladies give fabulous tips though. I look forward to your input
  • edited December 2011
    Hello!  IMy name is Melissa.  I've been a part of TK for a while, just never posted here.  I was married May 28, 2010 to my best friend Mike!  We live in Putnam county right now. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • je6576aje6576a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, my name is Jackie. FI and I are planning on bringing our families together at our wedding at West Point on May 4, 2012.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I'm Sally and my fiance is Michael.  We're getting married August 18, 2012 in Westchester County.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello everyone

My name is Rosy my fiance's name is Eddie. He is from New York and I am from Chicago. We are both living in Chicago but plan on getting married in New York. It's been very difficult looking for venues etc due to not knowing the area or living in the area. We plan on getting married November of 2012. I believe we have found a venue in New Rochelle, Beckwith Pointe, but at times I have second thoughts since I have not seen too many places. Does anyone know about Beckwith Pointe? Has anyone heard anything about it? Or of any Catholic Churches in the area? I will be having many people coming in from out of town and will also be needed hotel and tranportation for my guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Hello all!
    My name is Melissa and my fiances name is James. We have been together for almost 3 years and got engaged this past 4th of july. He is Military but is about to get out and we will be moving back home to the  HRV. We are planning our wedding for late aug of 2012. This will be the second marriage for the two of us but the first wedding. I'm SUPER excited about planning this one. We have been looking at Bear Mountain and Anthony's Peir 9 as a venue because they are all inclusive and in the long run its looking like it will be cheaper! Im planning on doing a lot of DIY. Everything from the invitations to the favors and the decorations at the reception. I plan on slowly  buying everything over the next year and putting it together as we go just so we can have everything perfect and we will have enough time to change it.

I know thats a lot of info right off the bat but im trying to be thorough.

oh and i almost forgot. our colors are navy, black, and ivory.
    "You be my honeysuckle, I'll be your honeybee!" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, I am a New Orleans bride getting married near her family back in CT. I'm working with a limited budget as a gift from my grandparents. We're looking closely at the Renaissance Hotel in Westchester, NY. Has anyone used them as the ceremony or reception venue? It's been really hard to find a place that works with our budget, for our families, etc.. and now we're beginning to look into vendors. I would love advice on the best djs, musicians, photographers, florists, etc in the Westchester and Fairfield County areas.
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!  My name is Brigid & my fiance's name is Kevin.  We will be getting married on Saturday, October 6, 2012.  I have already booked our church (2pm ceremony) and am now looking for places to have our reception.  Kevin & I live in Putnam County (Patterson/Brewster area) and are looking for something right over the border in CT (where Kevin's family is from) or in the Hudson Valley.  A lot of places are already booked for our day-which was kinda surprising because I thought I was being kinda paranoid and looking too early (we got engaged on the Walkway Over the Hudon on July 4th 2011)...but I am glad I have started my search.  We are on a budget and so any ideas about venues/vendors/or really anything would be helpful :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! My name is Katie and my fiance's name is Jeremiah. Considering a wedding in the Hudson valley in 2012/2013.
  • zeaky888zeaky888 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Jessie, my fiance's name is Scott. We just got engaged and are thinking of an autumn wedding in 2012. Ideally we want both the ceremony and reception outside, our "perfect" vision for the ceremony would be something like a clearing in the woods. We are both creative people and plan on a lot of DIY. I'm eager to look at venues since that'll really influence other decor and DIY things we want to start slowly working on so its not a big stress a few months from now!

• edited December 2011
    Hi--I'm getting married next July at Full Moon Resort and looking to make connection in the Hudson Valley and get advise. Will abstain from leaving names since I'm a little internet wary-sorry!
  • edited February 2012
    Hi all! My fiance just proposed to me on 2/11! We currently live in Minneapolis (my fiance is from here) but I am originally from Westchester County, NY, which is likely where we'll end up having the wedding (next spring after I graduate from veterinary school!). Does anyone have advice for planning a wedding from afar!? I'm so overwhelmed by all the new things we have to do to plan! Luckily, my parents are great and are helping as much as possible :) Also, if anyone has tips on keeping costs low in our generally-expensive area, share the knowledge!! Smile

• Is there a way to put the posts in chronological order? thank you!
  • HI everyone, my name is Liz and my fiancé’s name is Mike.  We are getting married on June 23, 2012 and are currently living in CA.  The wedding is at the Traveler Rest, and I have never been there.  Along with that, I have been trying to plan this wedding from CA.  I have not been home now since July and will not be home till week before wedding.  I think I have most of the major things covered, but I don't know what else I might be missing.  Wish I know about this board months ago when trying to find hair dresser, florets, dj, affiant, and photographer.  I can't wait to look thought all the post to see if I can find out any more information.  Thanks.
  • Oops I just saw this - sorry for posting a question first!

Hi ladies, I'm Tatyana and fiance is Rory. We just got engaged two weeks ago so we don't have any concrete plans yet, except that we'd like to get married some time next year. My family is in Rockland County so we'll be looking for a venue within an hour or so of their home.

We currently live in Boston and most of Rory's family lives in South Africa and England so we anticipate a stressful planning process.
  • edited May 2012
    Hello!
    I'm A.M. and my fiance is M.  We are getting married in May, 2013.  I am wondering what people have heard about the 
    about..........a photographer by the name of: Bob Rothman:New York Wedding Photographer Westchester NY - Bob Rothman Photography Video. Was wonderin if he's any good?Can anyone PLEASE help n answer my?
  • Hello Everyone! 

I a new to the board, My name is Laura, Fiance's name is John. We have been engaged for 14 months now, and our wedding date is October 19, 2013! We have just started really planning our wedding, we live in MA, and will be getting married in Poughkeepsie. 

I look forward to some happy posting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello, I am new to this board!  I am happily married and am a bridesmaid for a friend who lives in the area, I'm an OOTer.  I'm hoping to gain some insite from the locals :)  Looking forward to getting know everyone.

Kate
  • edited December 2012
    Hi! My name is Stephanie, and my fiance Mario. We got engaged on our second anniversary, December 5. We are not 100% sure on our wedding date, but are looking at early May 2014. As for where we are in the planning, we are at the OMG WHY SO MANY PEOPLE phase. Oh and planning our engagement party for April 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards