Options

Anyone around?

191011121315»

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    Yay Loopy!  2000 posts!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I"ve been meaning to read The Help, but my southern ILs are sort of against the book in principle, so I'll have to hide it from them.
  • Options
    Made it :) 

Good night ladies!!
  • Options
    Woo hoo, you made it!

Okay, now I really am going to bed.  Good night ladies!
  • Options
    Ok...I promised J that I would stop knotting once How I Met Your Mother started, so I must leave you ladies now.  Congrats to DNB and Loopy on your promotions tonight!!!  Good night ladies.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    One is called "Stuck in the Middle" by Virginia Smith, and it's about sisters.  And the other is called "Invisible" and it's the first of  the Ivy Malone mystery serious by Lorena McCourtney.  It's about an old lady who does neighborhood crime watch and the trouble she gets in or something.  The reviews said it was really funny.  And it was free.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok congrats Loopy!  Goodnight ladies.

And I love How I Met Your Mother.  That's my phone ringtone!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Family Matters is over on the Nest.

dnb, paperbacks here cost in the $30 range, so I may downlaod the free Kindle app for my netbook.  Still not as efficient as a Kindle, but better than nothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A nook/kindle is on my Christmas list, but I'm not expecting to get it.
  • Options
    Yeah way out of our budget too.  I usually get money from family for Christmas, but if that happens this year, we need a new back door and three inside doors before I get a kindle.

Oh the joys of home ownership :-(
  • Options
    Yeah... H got new shocks and struts for his truck, and i'm getting new tires for Christmas.  I love being an adult :).  Meanwhile, we went in with H's brother and sister and got his mom and new 50" flat screen TV for Christmas - meanwhile we have a 36" old school box TV with a dead corner in our living room... What sense does THAT make?
  • Options
    None at all.

H bought the 47" flat screen before we even bought a fridge.  Down here appliances don't convey with the house so we had to buy a new w/d & fridge (and TV) upon arrival.  That was a painful chunk of cash.
  • Options
    We got a new W/D and fridge about 2 1/2 years ago.  Cut our electric bill by more than half to get new appliances in the house.  (The fridge we threw out was avocado green if that gives you an idea of its vintage :)).
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ooof

our dishwasher and oven are the next to go.  But we need to re-do the kitchen for those.  H already retro fitted our new cook top.

ETA: If you ever get around to stalking I'll be posting pictures of the befores and afters.  I already have a dining room album started.  Now I just need to find the wood I want so H can build me a dining room table.  Oh then I need to find cahirs too.  I found the ones I really like, but can't stomach the $180 each price tag.
  • Options
    If you stick around long enough, you'll still be on for the Good Morning thread.

Now THAT would indicate you have a knotting problem ;-)
  • Options
    LOL.. I'm at work until 7 - more like 7:15 by the time I talk to the day shift supervisor who comes in at 7 to update him on the status of everything.  I usually check out the good morning thread when I get home (around 7:45) while I eat a little something before I go to sleep for a bit :).
  • Options
    I'm still around because H is outside/downstairs finishing off a cabinet that we are re-purposing.

He is on a quest to finish it tonight.  Although I am getting a bit hungry.
  • Options
    I want H to build me a bookshelf for upstairs.  
  • Options
    http://www.newyankee.com/byCategory.php?Bookcases

The dining room table is first, then the Library system :-)

This is H's most dreaded site and show because now he knows that I know this stuff CAN be made at home.
  • Options
    This is the bookcase I want.

Hopefully H can make something similar.  Even without the doors would be okay, but I kind of like the look of the doors.
  • Options
    Ok so I woke up to over a foot of snow and it's *still* snowing. Really, Germany? Really don't want to have to leave the house today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards