Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thursday Morning!

Re: Thursday Morning!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-morning-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:959085dc-492c-4c6c-9197-4bdae710a14fPost:cb321643-5e08-424a-abae-7248e3df400e">Re: Thursday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Morning! : What position would that be?  Gosh, I feel like a perv asking.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Haha! I was just laying on my side. But for whatever reason, it felt so damn cozy and comfortable. You know how you go to sleep tossing and turning trying to get a good spot to fall asleep but when you wake up, it is all you can do to get out of that spot? Weird how that works.
  • Options
    But everyone at Publix is so darned polite!  Also, one of my nearby Publix is a Greenmarket, and it looks like a Whole Foods, complete with tons of organic produce and a butcher who will talk about recipes with me.
  • Options
    I can never imitate the amazing positions I wake up in when I try to go to bed at night.  It sucks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wish I could fall asleep as easily as my dog does. How do animals do it? Just like babies, they can fall asleep with a freakin' party going on around them and they are dead to the world.
  • Options
    Oh, I know those mornings, MS, feeling warm, rested and comfy in bed.  I don't get them often because of work and the dog.  Berkeley doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in, and as soon as she's awake and bored, she wants me to be awake with her.
  • Options
    I wish I fell asleep as easily as H does.  His head hits the pillow and he's out.  I have to read to make myself tired (although sometimes that backfires with a good book) and then I still toss and turn for a little while. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-morning-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:959085dc-492c-4c6c-9197-4bdae710a14fPost:c30952a3-377f-4aca-bee8-adf942b5d19f">Re: Thursday Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I know those mornings, MS, feeling warm, rested and comfy in bed.  I don't get them often because of work and the dog.  Berkeley doesn't understand the concept of sleeping in, and as soon as she's awake and bored, she wants me to be awake with her.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I am thankful I do not have an early rising dog. She for some reason taught herself to sleep until she sees one of us get up. Which I am totally ok with, ;)
  • Options
    Bahahahaha Cfas, I love the sig.  Even though I loathe Twilight.  Sparkles have been ruined forever.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I wish Berkeley could be like Tory.  I usually wake before her (at least in the wintertime), so it's not a huge issue, but on weekends, she doesn't get it. 

The nice thing is that I've never slept through a meeting because Berkeley has woken me up on those rare occasions when the alarm failed me.
  • Options
    Public does have good lighting, I'll give them that. I don't like dim lighting so I do appreciate their well-lit sections, especially in the produce area. And I like that they have those little cards with recipes.

But other than that, I prefer Winn-Dixie.
  • Options
    Yeah if Tory just knew when to wake up me up each day like my alarm does, I would much prefer her happy licking face to my obnoxious alarm.

I just have this sudden craving for Graeters Black Raspberry Chip ice cream. Dear lord I may have to get some after class.
  • Options
    I am scared that I will never reach what I used to call "grown up" sleeping in. On the weekends, J and I sleep until 11 if we have nothing to get up for. Innocent
  • Options
    Musu, I would totally sleep until 11 on the weekends if I could.  Every now and then I get a chance to, but not very often. 
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Sleeping in for me is 8 or 9.  I usually can't stay in bed past nine, well, stay sleeping in bed past nine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If I could get a job someday that had a start time of 10, I would be all over it.
  • Options
    I could easily sleep in until noon on weekends. But normally I try to force myself to get up around 10. I get up at 5am on the weekdays, I figure I can sleep in on Saturday.
  • Options
    I can literally always go back to sleep.

I could probably sleep all day if I wanted to. 

I actually feel an endorphin rush from hitting the snooze button.  Some people get a runner's high- I get a snoozer's high.
  • Options
    Haha, MUN. I actually have never used the snooze button in my life. I have to get up RIGHT when the alarm goes off the first time or I will never get up.
  • Options
    I think my most productive time period is between 4-7pm. Most days that is the time that I am either driving home and starting dinner or eating dinner. I wish I could spend it being more productive.
  • Options
    H and I slept until 2pm last weekend when we were visiting my parents.  It was so great, we were so exhausted.
  • Options
    See, with my current job- i just have to work a certain number of HOURS, not certain times.  So I could theoretically go in super early and leave also super early.

Instead?  I come in around ten. Every morning I plan to get up around seven though. 
  • Options
    I lived with one of my best friends for a summer in college and we shared a room that was like a room + den. I had my bed in the den portion and separated the two rooms by a curtain in the doorway. He always had to get up for work earlier than I did, and so he had 3 freaking alarms to wake him up. One was a ringtone of a song on his phone and OMG it would go off and was SO loud and I grew to hate that alarm. He usually would turn all off and fall back asleep and be late to work anyway.
  • Options
    Mmmm I have a few bites of Graeter's BRC leftover in my freezer.

Mornin' y'all!  I'm a late sleeper, too.  Ever since I was little my parents always called me a "night owl".  I love staying up way past my bedtime and sleeping until noon.  Luckily, April has adjusted her clock.  She's now consistently waking us up at 9:30 on the weekends.  In the summer, we got her to 11:00 once.  I think it was the heat.  Of course, Matt usually takes her out anyway, so it doesn't actually affect me.  I'm pretty lazy in the mornings.
  • Options
    I could totally sleep through that. 

I have requested that FI make all of the noise in the world while he gets ready in the mornings.  I sleep through his alarm clock, him hitting snooze at least three times, the overhead light being turned on, him showering, blowdrying his hair with the bathroom door open, making coffee, etc. 

I'm pretty confident that I could sleep through any matter of natural disaster.
  • Options
    For some reason, H always sleeps through his alarm.  Always.  It wasn't a problem on his old phone, but this new one, he just doesn't wake to.

And I hate having that moment of realization when I wake up, realize that it's definitely later than he was supposed to wake up, and having to shake him awake.  Because he practically has a coronary every time it happens.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    I leave my alarm clock outside of my room so that I have to get out of bed to turn it off.  I never snooze now.  Before, I snoozed a ton and drove H nuts since I always wake up before him.
  • Options
    I am a heavy sleeper but always wake to my alarm, which I don't really understand. I just have never understood the concept of snooze. I guess I just set my alarm for a time that I HAVE to get up or else I will not get all my morning routine in without being late. That way snoozing is impossible anyway.
  • Options
    I've gotten in the bad habit over the last year of not getting to work until 9:30/10:00.   Matt's also pushed his back a little bit.  He commented this morning (as he was putting on his shoes to leave at 8:30) "If you consistently start leaving at the same time every day, can you really say that you're running late?  Now it's just normal time."  I feel like I tell myself that every day. 
  • Options
    I have to get up to turn off my alarm too, but I've gotten to used to it that I just hit snooze and climb back into bed. I hate morning. I do account for my snooze time when I set an alarm though.
  • Options
    That is how my mom is too, MP. She usually gets to work between 9-10. I can't wait till I have myself established enough in my career where I can get to work with more flexibility. I have never had a salaried job so I have never been able to be late or else I will lose money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards