Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning, ladies!

1235»

Re: Good morning, ladies!

• Options
    Aryn, I'm so sorry. I would do what Snippy said and contact her in the manner you normally would, ask how she is, etc. That is an awkward situation though. I feel like it wasn't cool for the other friend to tell anyone without her permission, even if she was trying to help.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Good morning, ladies!:[QUOTE]I don't even remember our dating anniversary.nbsp; Really, it would be our started sleeping together anniversary.nbsp; We kind of skipped the dating thing.That's shitty, Glo.nbsp; I'd probably wait for her to tell you herself, or wait until it's a little more public.nbsp; Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Heh, we did the same. Except 7 years later, we started dating. So it was kind of just backwards.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:58a9c75b-d7c5-4704-a44e-17e8428a7880">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even remember our dating anniversary.  <strong>Really, it would be our started sleeping together anniversary</strong>.  We kind of skipped the dating thing. That's shitty, Glo.  I'd probably wait for her to tell you herself, or wait until it's a little more public. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, that made me laugh. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:83ec7003-2c06-4690-8d4b-56251cb6717d">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : OMG, I love that place!  We go probably once a month.  It's more fun with a big group of people (one entree feeds 3-4), so you can try a bunch of different stuff.  H and I however, do not share when we go, so everytime the wait staff looks at us like we are crazy for ordering two entrees and an appetizer.  Hey, we like leftovers!  I always get the spicy chicken rigatoni and H gets the spaghetti and meatballs.  I've had other things, but always fall back to my usual. 
    Posted by gurrlballa10[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We'll have to get a group together and go some time.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:58a9c75b-d7c5-4704-a44e-17e8428a7880">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even remember our dating anniversary.  Really, it would be our started sleeping together anniversary.  We kind of skipped the dating thing.  
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

haha...this was us to, but I can't remember the date that happened.  August 1st was our first date, which it's easy to remember.  The other anniversary would have been a few months prior.
  • Options
    I'm slow today because I'm getting angry with Excel but Glor, I'm sorry your friend put you in that spot. I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation but I know I'd have to contact them ASAP. Just try and be natural, just trying to catch up with her life.
  • Options
    I'm a dork and I remember our dating anniversary 9 years later---but it's 1 month and 1 day before my birthday, so it's easy for me to remember.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:236743b7-a8ba-415b-a7d1-913632352364">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : The food is actually really good and I like family style because you can order a bunch of stuff and have leftovers.  I don't know about yours but the one here is sectioned off into different rooms and large parties can reserve whole sections.  The creepiest room by far is the pope room; there is a big bust of the pope sitting on a lazy susan in the middle of the table and he stares at you while you eat.  I haven't been back there since Maggiano's opened here though.  Maggiano's has the best eggplant parmesan I have ever eaten.  And they give you a whole other meal to take home if you order off the classics menu.  Dammit, now I want Maggiano's.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

The Pope room is creepy. We love the Kitchen Table. That's a fun experience...their veal parm is yum!

And now I know where I want to go with FI on our next date night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:f6192505-fca6-4727-9133-9f3804db120f">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : Morning all! Snippy-Next summer we can start an exchange program.  You can stay here for me and I will go over there for you.  One week of 70 degree weather sounds divine when it's been 100 degrees for the last couple of weeks.  And August and September are usually the hottest months of summer so I am definitely not looking forward to that.
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

This, 100000%.
  • Options
    Oh and I don't know how many of y'all have a Carrinos in the area, but their lobster ravioli is incredible!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:0547847d-e594-47db-a455-d3e4909bb19a">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no... apparently SIL has a stomach virus. She said she was sick Sunday, felt fine yesterday, and is sick again today. I'm skeptical, but I really hope it's not contagious. Getting a stomach virus would be a horrible way to end this horrible month.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Fingers crossed for ya!
  • Options
    Lizzy, I WISH we had a Carrino's here...I love their dip for the bread, and I've been dying to try their lobster ravioli!

Have you eaten at the Brio Tuscan Grille? It's delicious.
  • Options
    Aww, Rach. The month is almost over. Fingers crossed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Want to know how you know that you're basically a pathetic invalid? Doing the dishes is exhausting. I'm going to lay down.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:55fa2781-1d9f-4b2f-b684-885ba342168b">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lizzy, I WISH we had a Carrino's here...I love their dip for the bread, and I've been dying to try their lobster ravioli! Have you eaten at the Brio Tuscan Grille? It's delicious.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't!

If you like, and after the baby comes and all, we can have a GTG with our dudes and well treat y'all to Carrinos. I don't have many lady friends in Houston and you seem nice.
  • Options
    **Needs to make a trip to Houston to try this place!**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:033d179d-f051-40c0-895f-e11b4d3aece8">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]**Needs to make a trip to Houston to try this place!**
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

We have places in Florida, just saying. I don't know if we have a Carrinos near here but there used to be one. We do have the other 3 places.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:68490146-1f45-45fd-a74c-111781ea66b6">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : We have places in Florida, just saying. I don't know if we have a Carrinos near here but there used to be one. We do have the other 3 places.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Petals, you know I am coming your way in Sept,  Kinda bummed that my trip didn't crash your wedding!  Not to be a bummer but how many days till you head back to school at your new job?
  • Options
    Ski, Tuesday is my first official day. I'm nervous but excited. It's still overwhelming and I need to get my office ready.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very cool, very cool.  Sounds fun.
  • Options
    Ski, I just noticed your ticker.  St. John is so pretty! We did a day trip there when we were in St Thomas and we thought it was so gorgeous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Agreed on the so pretty button, St John is the bomb, or at least we think so.  We have been trying to purchase a house for retirement there for the last 13 months.  Ughs, things move so slow on island time.  But I love how slow the pace is when we are down there.  I am pretty excited that we get to go.  Last trip, I was on crutches/cane due to a broken knee.  I could snorkel, but hiking was not on the agenda.  This time, hiking will be the main event. 

• Options
    This thread has made me hungry!  I got to sit at the Kitchen table for my birthday one year at Bucca.  It was amazing. I always used to get the lemon pepper chicken.  There aren't any in AR so it's been at least 4 years since I've eaten there.

July was our wedding month so I'm sad to see it go.  That and school starts in August.  It's my last year so I'm ready for it to start so it can end, but I'm enjoying my month off!
  • Options
    Brio is awesome.  We just got one here not too long ago.  There's also an amazing local Italian place here.  They know my mom and most of her practice by name, and they'll make pretty much whatever you want, even if it's not on the menu. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    We have a Brio here too.  Charlotte actually has a decent food scene, so I don't know why we don't go check it out more.  Hmmm that will be on the to do list.  I also want to go to Food Truck Friday here.  We have some really awesome food trucks. 

I really, really want to go back to school, but until we're debt free, no can do.  Only about a year away from that, but it seems so far away.  We would cash flow it after that. 
  • Options
    Rachers I hope you don't get sick and I hope August is a much better month for you!
  • Options
    Now I really want lemon pepper chicken.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Man, this thread made me STARVING hungry. 

We actually do have Carino's in Sioux Falls. Even though it's 100 miles away, we go there a lot. (SF in general, not specifically Carino's.) I think there's on in Fargo, too, but I've not been to that one. 

DD and I are going to meet the pianist for her wedding at 1:15; then I have a cut/color/style and am going to dinner with a friend. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards