Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning, ladies!

How has the month of July been for you?  Any complaints or praises?

What will August bring for you?

Re: Good morning, ladies!

• Ugh, August.  Heat, humidity, and going back to work.    Can we please freeze time?
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Good morning, oot!

I'm thrilled that July is almost over.  It has been an exhausting month, and half of August is going to be vacation for me.  Alleluia.
  • well, it's going to be a bit chilly in NYC this week so come visit me!
  • Can we catch a Broadway show?

• I am so procrastinating on my online class.  I'm halfway through and have been ahead in my assignments the whole time.  Now, I'm just mentally beat and have no desire to even log in.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:b669fb7f-bc90-4722-8399-aaf027bc015b">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we catch a Broadway show?
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Sure, if you treat.  I'm broke until September
  • Oh, the Florida summer heat.  Yuck.  But August won't be better.  That's why we're leaving town for part of it.  :)

I can't do online classes.  I tried and had so little motivation to pay attention.
  • Morning all.   My day is already off to a bad start...  Posted about it over on SB already.  It's going to get worse in about 2 minutes when my H wakes up and I have to tell him there's a leak somewhere in the attic/roof.  Maybe I should tell him naked, soften the blow and all. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:87dd5c09-fb12-469d-9230-ffe87deedf42">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : Sure, if you treat.  I'm broke until September
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]
      In that case, we'll probably be sneaking peaks through the emergency exit doors. ;-)  

• I don't have a whole lot to do other than back to court with my landlord on the 15th and I start PT again on the 13th.

eh, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble
  • New roof time?  Ooph, sorry.
  • Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    I'm usually motivated but this particular series of classes sucks. It's not a self-paced class which I'm okay with but it isn't an independent class either.  We have to do a certain number of interaction posts to other members and that's the part that really is grating on my nerves.  I'm finding that I really don't like the way things can be misinterrpreted due to words only with no tone though you think I would already know that from being on here, right? ;-)  IDK, it's just different somehow than here because it's a professional topic if that makes sense.  I also can't stand that I have to post a minimum number of replies but they must be on different days in order to count.  Other people aren't posting their comments so the few of us who are punctual can't respond to new material becuase it isn't there.  If there was an issue with my minimum response count and the deadline on the session, I'm sure that I could debate it with the instructor but that's a hassle that would be caused by someone else not doing their job.  Oh, and the hosting site has been having problems loading the videos we have to watch and when I have only certain times that I can sit down and work on it during her naps, if I can't get anything done well then it just pisses me off. 

Wow, that turned into a long vent.  SOrry!

• Girlie - ugh, that sucks!  

OOT- I'm behind a lot these days.  Are you going to court over rent control?

• Not sure Mica.  H is going to go up in the attic in a few minutes to see what's going on. 
  • It's rent stabilization.  There is no rent control here anymore.

They're nitpicking over a document I filed with the IRS in 2008 or 2009 and we can't seem to get the right info from the IRS
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Hello! Just had yummy Thai food for lunch. Thge weather here the last couple of days has been really crazy. Pissing down rain one minute, bright and sunny the next.  There have been a ton of rainbows. We saw this one on our way to Malmö yesterday evening:

• Double Rainbow!

Morning everyone!
    I am just sitting here in mild pain waiting to head to my mom's to take her to her biopsy.  July can F off!
  • Mrs. B that is a problem I have faced with online courses.  Other people don't respond/respond on time and then I have difficulty meeting the reply count necessary.
  • OOT - gotcha.  I figured it had something to do with rent.

Snippy - gorgeous photo!  That made me happy.

Hockey - you've really had a rough few days!  I'm so sorry.

• Morning!

July started off rough and (I think) improved.  I am three days out from finishing school.  THREE.  And I got back my paper and presentation grades and they were both A-.  If I get an A or an A- on the final I should be great, if I get a B+ or anything under that, I'm going to lose my average.  No pressure for the final, right? 

Hockey -- *HUGS*

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• That double rainbow is beautiful!

Sorry your class is a PITA Mrs B. I had a class that made you do the responding to comments thing and it was terrible so I can totally relate.

July seems like it just started and here we are on the last day of it. H and I went to the Reds game last night and it was so bad we left, which is something we never do. Not the way to come home after a 10 game winning streak. :(

Hockey, good luck to your momma today!
  • Hockey, I'll keep your mom in my thoughts today.  Hugs to you chica.
  • Good morning everyone! I am so sore now from yesterday. 

July was insanely busy for me and I dont see August cooling off. I'm ready for September so I can go on my trip & get back to school, although I dont want me summer to end.

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good Morning.  I'm so glad July is over.  Its been a sucky a$$ sh*tty month.  And I hate that it's getting cooler here.  I went to the pool Saturday and the water was freezing b/c it's been chilly at night.  Boo.  I'm not ready for summer to end.  I want it to last forever. 
  • i love the chillier weather...but I am super bummed I only made it to the pool twice this year, and I haven't been to the beach once. 
  • July for my was Looooooooong. It seemed like it would never end. August brings heat, slow work days, and the end of summer. 

I'm off today. I have an eye appointment at 9am then I'm meeting my dad for sushi. Nom.
  • Only three days, Bay?  Woot!

• Cfas are you running the VA Beach Half?
  • I'm psyched for August and fall.  It's definitely my favorite season and I always wish it would last longer.  I'm going on vacation in September to the Cape so hopefully it will still be warm then.  August brings Snippy's visit (and shenanigans with her and Nicki), my second "summer break" and Wildfire!  Very excited for August.

Cfas, you should definitely park your butt after the half marathon and get some sun.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards