Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Cereal

What kind of cereal do you eat, if you eat any at all?

I just tried this new kind, called Dorset Cereal, and im totally freaking in love. All I want to do right now is eat cereal. Im not a big cereal person either - im a corn flakes and mini wheats fan occasionally, but this was fantabulous.

Re: Cereal

• Options
    Cheerios, special K, kix, chex, or rice krispies.

Honey Nut Cheerios and Frosted Flakes are the only pre sweetened cereals I'll eat.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

Crunchy nut cornflakes FTW.

I haven't had them in years, but they're about the only cereal I'm interested in eating.

• Options
    I love cereal with fruit in it.  Nomnom.  Normally, I eat granola.  The cereal selection here is pretty lame, so when I can't get the granola, I end up with the honeynut cheerios.

Someone on the IN board just posted about a cereal restaurant.  Hm, let me go find that link.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    A cereal RESTAURANT! that sounds incredible. I would like to see hwo they have that set up.

Ive had a huge craving for fruit loops lately but I cant bring myself to spend 5$ for an entire box of the stuff.
  • Options
    Special K w/red berries, Raisin Bran.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sometimes I treat myself to Cap'n Crunch, but usually it's honey nut cheerios or special K
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Dammit amoro, now I want to go there. As if they have one in QATAR and not canada. What are the odds of that?
  • Options
    Honey Nut Cheerios, and Special K Vanilla Almond. YUM! I'm a cereal fiend, though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cereal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b1e2cdcc-e4df-4de6-b2c7-136735fcd3a1Post:2886db8e-9005-413c-b308-9550f8e1a73e">Re: Cereal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dammit amoro, now I want to go there. As if they have one in QATAR and not canada. What are the odds of that?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we all noted that as weird. lol
  • Options
    I'm a cereal whore. I could live off of it, T says I do.
    Blueberry morning is probably my favorite. I also love cinnamon life, basic 4, raisin bran crunch, honey nut and apple cinnamon cheerios, special k with red berries, lucky charms, captain crunch, fruity pebbles, cocoa pebble, smacks, etc...
    To make it easier I really just hate cocoa puffs, rice crispies, corn and frosted flakes.
  • Options
    Mmmmm.............I want the Morning Glory!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    depends on my mood and my current diet status. I love: Frosted Mini Wheats, Honey Nut Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries, Fruity Pebbles, Raisin Bran, Golden Crisp, Smacks... my pantry currently has Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries though.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Captain Crunch BERRIES. My current obsession.
  • Options
    OMG I want to go to that restaraunt.  I am a huge cereal lover.  FI makes fun of me because I go through boxes so fast.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OH I also love Grap Nuts but only with raspberries in it. Oh how I love cereal.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    I don't eat too much cereal anymore but when I do, it's Frosted Mini Wheats, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks, or Honey Bunches of Oats. My favorite cereal of all time is Cracklin' Oat Bran - I used to eat that for breakfast often in college, but the boxes are so small for the high price!
  • Options
    Nebb- what is this Dorset cereal like?
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I also reall ylike honey nut cheerios, and the apple cinnimon flavour.
  • Options
    Do you guys have cornflakes over there? 
  • Options
    Honey nut cheerios with honey on top is amazing
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Hahaha roxy! Honey nut cheerios already have honey in them! thats just extra sugar.

We do have corn flakes!
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cereal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b1e2cdcc-e4df-4de6-b2c7-136735fcd3a1Post:67036619-21a0-4688-81fe-ea618a817023">Re: Cereal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys have cornflakes over there? 
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Yes we do! It looks like this - <a href="http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=449" rel="nofollow">http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=449</a>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    edited March 2010
    The kind I tried (high fiber) has bits of coconut, date, 2 kinds of raisins, and dried apricots, as well as walnuts with oats and stuff like that. Apparently there is no sugar added but all of the fruit makes it so sweet when you eat it, im fairly certain that there are no preservatives either judging by the ingredients list. It was delicious, it kind of had a harvest crunch vibe, but not as sweet and not as bunchy. There are a wack of flavours too with different stuff in them. http://www.dorsetcereals.com/ thats the american site.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cereal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b1e2cdcc-e4df-4de6-b2c7-136735fcd3a1Post:d8ffb5c2-0f79-4cb5-9c24-c381cd6d8634">Re: Cereal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha roxy! Honey nut cheerios already have honey in them! thats just extra sugar. We do have corn flakes!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Yessss but I typically put splenda on them. Truly, they're so much more amazing with extra honey.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cereal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b1e2cdcc-e4df-4de6-b2c7-136735fcd3a1Post:739d397f-34f0-47e8-941f-50b11b9e8a3c">Re: Cereal</a>:
    [QUOTE]The kind I tried (high fiber) has bits of coconut, date, 2 kinds of raisins, and dried apricots, as well as walnuts with oats and stuff like that. Apparently there is no sugar added but all of the fruit makes it so sweet when you eat it, im fairly certain that there are no preservatives either judging by the ingredients list. It was delicious, it kind of had a harvest crunch vibe, but not as sweet and not as bunchy. There are a wack of flavours too with different stuff in them.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    omg that sounds amazing. I don't think we have that here. Clearly I need to visit?
  • Options
    I used to eat cereal all the time but it was always the sugary stuff like Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops, etc. so I stopped.  I would even eat Cocoa Puffs straight out of the box.  Bad Julie.

S/O of the cereal bar, there's this amazing dessert bar here called Momofuku Milk Bar and they do shakes and stuff make with cereal milk.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I didnt think we had it either but I found it at one of our grocery stores (not all, just one) tucked in with all of the hippie cereals - musili type stuff, kashi, and all of that.
  • Options
    I'm with roxy in that I am a cereal whore.  I seriously cannot fathom my FI not really liking cereal.  IT'S CEREAL.  IT IS THE BEST.

I'm not going to list the cereals I like because I can never make a decision on which is my favorite anyway.  I'm the person who goes to the grocery store for peas and leaves with 2 boxes of cereal after debating for 10 minutes which ONE to get.

Also, there is a cereal bar on my campus, but I'm too cheap to eat at school.  But I always thought it was a cool concept.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cereal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b1e2cdcc-e4df-4de6-b2c7-136735fcd3a1Post:ae0e1c5b-9447-497d-b7fe-f025e03ab799">Re: Cereal</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with roxy in that I am a cereal whore.  I seriously cannot fathom my FI not really liking cereal.  IT'S CEREAL.  IT IS THE BEST. I'm not going to list the cereals I like because I can never make a decision on which is my favorite anyway.  I'm the person who goes to the grocery store for peas and leaves with 2 boxes of cereal after debating for 10 minutes which ONE to get. Also, there is a cereal bar on my campus, but I'm too cheap to eat at school.  But I always thought it was a cool concept.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]
    Hahahah T teases me because when we get to the cereal aisle it takes me a good 5 minutes. He typically continues on to another aisle while I pick my cereal.
    He also teases me because he asks what I want for dinner (as in fast food or whatever) and I'll say "eh, I'm just going to have cereal" hes like c'mon! anything you want! Well, all I want is cereal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards