North Carolina
Options

Come out Come out...

Re: Come out Come out...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a lurker, but I'm still pretty new and I want to play! :)
    What's your name or nickname? 
    Kelsey

When are you getting married? 
    EDIT: June 30, 2012

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? 
    Ceremony is at Edenton Street UMC in Downtown Raleigh and the reception is at The State Club on NC State's Centennial Campus

So far, what's your favorite little detail? 
    I'm really excited about getting to wear my great grandmother's diamond and sapphire bracelet (technically something old, borrowed and blue!). We don't have too many other little things figured out yet.

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? 
    Not yet...but I'm looking forward to it!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? 
    I work as a marketing assistant for the commercial division of a real estate/property management/building company

Are you down for GTG's? 
    Depends on when they are and if I have time...things have been crazy busy lately!

What makes you happy? 
    Warm weather, sunny days, spending time with my family and friends, having my FI not having five billion things going on, monograms, cocktail parties and tailgating for NC State football games

EDIT*: I just realized it said what do you -like- to do, not "what do you do:
    So let me actually answer the question...I like to cook and find new recipes for unhealthy foods that are healthy, I'm trying to like working out, tennis, look at decorating blogs and want to redo my apartment.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a lurker, but I'm trying to get out of doing homework! haha
    What's your name or nickname?  Aleigh
    When are you getting married?  05/19/12
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Greensboro, UNCG Alumni House
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? Haven't gotten that far yet
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Nope, but I can't wait. I love cake
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Don't have much time for anything besides school and work (I work at an after school center)
    Are you down for GTG's? Yes!
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Can't really think of anything
    What makes you happy? FI makes me super happy. Also, warm sunny days.
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! Congratulations on almost 1 year of marriage! Has being married changed you/your relationship at all?
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shannon

9/10/11

Sacred Heart Cathedral, in downtown Raleigh, and then reception at The Royal, accross the street from Meredith College

Our invites. After (too) much looking, i designed ours and will be printing them next month.

YES! this would be my 2nd fav detail. I really wanted to make my own cake. I make cakes for EVERYTHING in our group. Between the DIY flowers and invites, I was talked out of this BUT found a baker, Ashley of Ashley's Cakes, that uses the same exact cake stencil I was planning on using. One look at that stencil and I knew is was cake fate.

FI is a NCSU alum, so we spend a lot of time in the fall tailgating. We also have a black lab, Chloe, who keeps us on our toes. Between Chloe and my 5 "neices and nephews" [read my bff's and FI's frat brothers' kids who i adore] all under the age of 4, FI and I find time to hang out with our neighbors. We have neighborhood Wii bowling parties and play kickball. Oh yeah, you know you are jealous lol

Are you down for GTG's?
    Sure!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week?
    "say it wit ya chest" - this was actually a FB post from one of my BM. I have no idea what they are talking about, but her DH likes it.

What makes you happy?
    making other people happy - total people pleaser. Which is an issue when planning a wedding!

Wanna ask me something? Go for it!
    what was your favorite pre-wedding moment?

and @Aleigh - i'm a UNCG Alum too!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:7318a1ae-f91b-44dc-93a1-f7e6547fcc8d">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out Come out... : I have a couple of moments ... 1. Picking my dress all on my own. I'd gone with friends before, but felt like their opinions were outweighing mine. So I went and looked and found my dress :o). 2. Putting the deposit on our venue. It really made everything feel like it was set in motion.<strong> 3. When Olga made my MIL and SIL sit in the back of my ity bity car because my dress needed the whole front seat (so it wouldnt wrinkle). There's a story behind that moment that's rather funny</strong> 4. Spending the night with my Grammy one night at the hotel and just talking about life and how things will be.  She's my hero and I treasure every moment I have with her. Have ya'll had any moments yet ? :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting to ask you if your dress was the one with the 35 point-bustle?  Olga said that's the record and I remember you saying you set it :)  Mine's only a measley 5!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname?   My name is Lynetta

When are you getting married?  We are getting married 10/1/11

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  We are having the ceremony and reception at Magnolia on Worth In Åsheboro.

So far, what's your favorite little detail?   Haven't done too much planning yet, so I would have to say our Save the Date Magnets

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Not yet.  We are probably going with the same person that made my brother's wedding cake so I don't know if that counts  Smile

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  I work for a Health Insurance company.  My fi and I are also doing a Biggest Loser challenge vs my sister (my MOH) and nephew (one of the GM) to get in shape for the wedding, so we are exercising a lot and getting healthy.  I also knit baby sweaters, hats, and booties.

Are you down for GTG's?   Sure

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Nothing comes to mind right now.
    What makes you happy?   A beautiful, sunny and mild day.  Spending alone time with my FI.  Hearing a baby laugh.  Seeing my family and friends.

Wanna ask me something? Go for it! What's the best part of being married?  What's the worst?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you posted this. This board has been pretty dead :(

What's your name or nickname?   Stephi

When are you getting married?  May 19, 2012

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  Southport Community Center - Southport, NC

So far, what's your favorite little detail?   I've been supporting the local food scene here in western NC for quite awhile now so it's important for me to incorporate that into the wedding. Our menu and flowers will be 100% local and seasonal. So excited to work with the farmers :)

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  Nope, but I don't really like cake so it doesn't matter that much to me lol

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  I'm a chef so I cook constantly. I also love kayaking and anything to do with the river.

What makes you happy?   sunny weather, the river, food, beer, sports, FI, Law and Order SVU

• Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Sara

When are you getting married? 4-10-11....can't believe it's only 2 months away :)

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Southport Community Building

So far, what's your favorite little detail? I'm excited for the cake...I made my own invitations and everyone keeps complimenting them so I feel pretty awesome about that :)

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? YESSSSSS! It was awesome! We chose 3 flavors and that was HARD!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love warm weather and going to the beach...whether to lay out or take a walk/bike ride.  I also love just hanging out with FI and our 4-legged child Piper.  And dancing on the Wii :)

Are you down for GTG's? sure

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? I teach 4th grade so I hear random things all of the time...

What makes you happy? sunny days, being with FI, beach, hanging with the fam

I'm also a UNCG alum! Glad to see there are a few of us on this board!!
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Nikki
    When are you getting married? 5/28/11
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Barclay Villa, Angier
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? Love Letter Box during the ceremony 
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Yes! Yum! Took an afternoon off of work one day and made cake tasting my lunch.
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? read, sleep
    Are you down for GTG's? Would love to, but I'm 3,000 miles away. Booo me!
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Can't think of anything.
    What makes you happy? friends... wine... family... wine
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! Why do we say that the alarm clock is going off when really its on?
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:2c52dd58-3890-43d0-aa8e-03f03aaf5876">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]When are you getting married?  May 19, 2012 
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

<div>Date twins!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname?  Janece
    When are you getting married?  9-18-2011
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We are getting married at the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, NC
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? I love our invitations
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Yes! Cinda's Creative Cakes is going to make our delicious 4 tier cake!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I like to sleep  
    Are you down for GTG's? of course!
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Umm the week isn't over yet so i'll get back to you on this
    What makes you happy? Being productive and making a difference
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! How did you become so awesome??
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will play too even though I'm not new.. It never helps for everyone to know a little more about each other!

What's your name or nickname? Amanda

When are you getting married? 4/30/11 (Coming up way soon!)

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Victorian Villa Inn in Charlotte

So far, what's your favorite little detail? The vintage mason jars we've been collecting at the flea market for our centerpieces..  I think Kyle is about ready to kill me if I don't tell him we have enough!

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  For the groom's cake yes -- and it was AWESOME!!!  (the wedding cake is booked through some place different because it's with our package from the venue). We have to do our wedding cake tasting next time we can both get to Charlotte and I cannot WAIT to do it!!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  Ride horses, play with our 2 dogs, bake...  Right now I am a bit overwhelmed with my new job so those things are keeping me full.  I need to find someplace to ride in Raleigh though!

Are you down for GTG's?  Sure!!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week?  Umm..  Seeing as I work in the in vitro fertilization field/assisted reproduction you girls probably don't want to know :p  Taken out of context, it can get bad.  But it makes the day go by and you have to laugh!

What makes you happy?  Relaxing at home, shopping, a great ride on a great (heck, a good) horse.... Playing with our dogs and watching our Lab swim to her hearts content.  Having a patient tell me how we've made their family complete.  It's a wide variety.  A good glass of wine.  Oh yeah -- Kyle makes me happy too :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What's your name or nickname? Barbara--occasionally Babs

When are you getting married? 5/7/11

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Highland UMC; reception is at The State Club

So far, what's your favorite little detail? Hmm . . . I found this fabric at Printer's Alley and my college roommate is sewing it into 16" squares to put on the table.  That fabric--platinum with black and ivory stitching pulled a lot of other things together for me--and it was inexpensive.  Always a bonus!

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Cake is very good!  Especially almond pound cake from Edible Art, which is making our cake.  Yum!!  They always do my birthday cakes, too.

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Work, and that's about it for the next 89 days!

Are you down for GTG's? Could be.

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Drawing a complete blank--now that's random!

What makes you happy? What doesn't?  Life is very good!!  So many wonderful things have happened to me--many including FI--that I'm just a happy person!!

Wanna ask me something? Go for it! Why hedgehogs?

• Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Jenni

When are you getting married? May 21, 2011 - not much longer!

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Treyburn Country Club in Durham for the ceremony and reception

So far, what's your favorite little detail? My cake topper that I got from etsy

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Yes yummy!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Go to Duke basketball games, read, spend time with my family, friends, and of course my fiance

Are you down for GTG's? sure

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? I dont' know if this is random but it's cute. I called my sister yesterday and I heard my 3 year old nephew crying in the background. I asked her what was wrong and she said "He is upset because he said he had a good day and he doesn't want it to be over"

What makes you happy? Coming home to my fiance at the end of the day, seeing my niece and nephew and seeing their beautiful smiles, and random but wearing jeans to work on Wendesdays (sometimes it's just the little things)  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to say that your stickies just threw me off.  I usually look at recent activity before I look at thread titles, and I couldn't figure out why the posts weren't in order. Tongue out

What's your name or nickname?  Mary
    When are you getting married? negative 4 months
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? my hometown
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? our photos
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? I don't want to talk about cake
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Read
    Are you down for GTG's? I've been meaning to e-mail you
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? it's still early
    What makes you happy? lately? sleep.
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname?  Alyson

When are you getting married? Did already :) 09/19/2010

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Ceremony was on the beach and the reception was at the Surf City Center

gosh, that's hard. I loved our band.  They really made the reception a party. And I have always wanted to walk down the aisle to a ukulele and steel drums. They were incredible!

Our cake(s) was amazing! We had 3. Our official wedding cake was an almond cake with vanilla buttercream. Our other two cakes were a fudge chocolate and a marble with chocolate butter cream. So yummy!

I love to travel! I try to go one place new every year. I'm also a die hard sports fan and I do freelance sports photography.

Are you down for GTG's? Yup

What makes you happy?
    planning. I love to plan things: my wedding, our travel adventures, etc.
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Ginger
    When are you getting married? June 4, 2011 (its less than 4 months away!)
     Carrigan Farms Mooresville, NC
    So far, what's your favorite little detail?  The flowers because we are using flowers with peacock feathers!! I'm so excited!
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No we are not doing a cake testing but I'm excited about eating it at the wedding.
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? ride motorcycles, teach motorcycle education, play with my little boys-cat and dog.
    Are you down for GTG's? sure but my schdule is nuts and its very hard to find free time.
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? I say random things all the time so I really dont know.
    What makes you happy? beautiful days its just lifts my spirit

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i love reading everyone's responses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Marta

When are you getting married? 08-03-11

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We are getting married on the beach in Emerald Isle and having the reception at the beach house we rented for the week.

So far, what's your favorite little detail? Sadly, I don't have too many "details" done yet, but I'm super excited about the caterer we hired!

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? NO!  And I don't think we will have a chance to try it before we buy it.  Living in Pittsburgh and planning a wedding in Emerald Isle makes things like that tough!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Love to spend time with my 3 daughters (the lights of my life) and Chuck, my fiance! Love listening to music, camping, the beach, the lake, cooking and reading.

Are you down for GTG's?  Would be fun, but unlikely since I'm hundreds of miles away!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? hmm...can't remember exactly, but i hear all kinds of random stuff riding public transportation to work each day!

What makes you happy?  My girls, Chuck, my kitty, warm sun on my skin, sleeping in.

Wanna ask me something? Go for it! I got nuttin...but thank you for starting this thread!  It was fun to read the responses.  :)
  • Options
    lmalcolm9873lmalcolm9873 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Lauren

When are you getting married? 10-01-11

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? The reception is at a red, rustic barn in Fort Mill, SC.

So far, what's your favorite little detail? The table decorations, my mom is buying antique trinkets (buttons, wrenches, all sorts of things) to put on the tables around the flowers

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Yes, we went with For Goodness Cakes and are having almond, pumpkin, and carrot.
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Snowboarding, watching UNC sports (mainly basketball and football), hanging out with my fiance, cooking, and photography.
    Are you down for GTG's? Yes
  • Options
    bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've probably been lurking the board for awhile, made a few posts, mostly gone unanswered so I guess it's past time to introduce myself!
    What's your name or nickname? Amber
    When are you getting married? October 15, 2011
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Wedding and reception at Raffaldini Vineyards in Ronda, NC.  We love wine and are very excited to share one of our favorite spots with our friends and family!
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? By far, my dress.  I haven't seen one like it anywhere and I absolutely fell in love with it when my mom and I found it.  I have had to change a lot of my initial decor ideas based on it bc it's more ornate than I had originally thought (lace).  That and my purple shoes, love love love purple.
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No cake tasting yet.  Neither of us really care for it so we're doing pies and an assortment of desserts!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Fiance (Jon) and I love to cook together.  It's generally how we unwind at the end of the day (that and a glass of wine) and we're both vegetarians.  Out of the house - camping and hiking!
    Are you down for GTG's? Maybe!!
    What makes you happy? Crossing things off our to-do list!  We've gotten behind with the holidays and travelling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Jennie

When are you getting married? October 8, 2011

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Southport community building!

So far, what's your favorite little detail? Just found my dress! I wouldn't call that a little detail by any means, but so far it's my favorite detail ;)

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Haven't tried it, but I have got it ordered. Our family friend owns Sinfully Sweet in Charlotte and is doing it for me.

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Go to the beach and hang out with friends.

Are you down for GTG's? sure, but I live all the way out on the coast, but I do travel to Raleigh for school a lot.

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? mmm, can't think of anything at this moment. 

What makes you happy? The sunshine and warm weather!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    megan51528megan51528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Megan
    When are you getting married? 9/3/11
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? St. Peter's Catholic Church, Bentley's on 27 in Charlotte
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? I'm not into too many details just yet, but I think I'm going to put movie quotes about love on my placecards to help guests find their table, which will be the movie the quote came from.  Of course, my grandpa won't know if his quote is from "When Harry Met Sally" or "Love Actually", so we'll give the answer on the back.  Smile
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Not yet, but soon! 
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love to cook, decorate cakes, travel, watch movies...
    Are you down for GTG's? Sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been engaged and lurking for almost a year now!  I've finally started to plan this shindig so you'll be seeing me around a bit more.  Here's my intro:

- Hi everyone - I'm Hillary!

- Nothing is planned yet but some day in May 2012.  I'm thinking May 12, 2012 sounds nice

- Again, no offical plans yet, but we'll be getting married along the beach in southern NC.  Wilmington area, Topsail, Ocean Isle...they're all beautiful!

- I found this awesome company called Botanical Paperworks that has a wedding stationary line.  It's paper with wildflower seeds imbedded in it so you can plant the paper and flowers will grow from it!  We're either doing our favors or thank you cards with this paper.

- Not yet! But I agree, cake is good :)

- I just got into photography so I'm planning on spending a lot of time wandering around the Raleigh area taking pictures.  I also LOVE the beach, camping, and reading.  And, my FI is a homebrewer so I enjoy drinking beer as well

Are you down for GTG's?
    - Sure!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week?
    - My FI had to have a safety meeting at work this week because someone microwaved oatmeal and started a fire.  There's now a sign on his microwave at work that says "Think about what you're mcrowaving!"  This is at an engineering firm...you'd think they'd know better!

What makes you happy?
    - Those first few warm days when you can just feel that spring is right around the corner.

- Looking back on your wedding, what did you spend money on that you really could have done without?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards