North Carolina

Come out Come out...

Re: Come out Come out...

• edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Shelly
    When are you getting married? Married - 9.11.10
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?
    Snipes Farm  Retreat in Chapel Hill
    So far, what's your favorite little detail?  The tissue paper pom poms hung from the oak tree for the wedding ceremony. I attempted to make the pom poms and failed miserably. One of my BM's took over the task and rocked it out. My DH hung the pom poms on the morning of the wedding and they looked great. The pom poms even survived the rain before the start of the ceremony.
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? play volleyball and slowpitch, read, garden, and work in my flowerbeds.

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? a customer at Williams Sonoma (my fun/side job) felt he needed to give me the history of curry vindaloo. I looked at him like he was crazy.
    What makes you happy? When my flowers bloom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
  • klaphamklapham member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname?
    Kristin. You can call me Kri if you'd like :)

When are you getting married?
    We are shooting for June 2012. We would like either June 23rd or June 30th

We really want to get married in downtown Wilmington! We are inviting a lot of people but since neither of us are from around here, we doubt all 220 people we invite will come. Right now, we are looking at either Thalian Hall or City Club

So far, what's your favorite little detail?
    I have no clue. I am not that far into wedding planning.

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?
    No cake yet! That is definitely something my FI is in charge of considering I am trying to cut my weight

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?
    My fiance and I are currently living in different states. I moved down to Jacksonville in order to fufill my dream of teaching so we only see each other twice a month. I absolutely cherish every time we are together. He was planning on transfering to Raleigh and I would have moved with him but that fell through. We are now thinking that we might be moving to Charlotte (i love seeing a lot of brides from that area!)

Are you down for GTG's?
    I have no clue what a GTG is...

What is the most random thing you've heard this week?
    The better question is, what isn't the most random thing I heard this week! I am a SPED teacher, so that tends to be my  life. The random moment must have been when we were reading about Milton Hershey and one of my 6th graders asked me "Police Officers have guns, right?"

What makes you happy?
    Speaking to my FI every  morning on my way to work. I always have the best starts to my mornings!

Wanna ask me something? Go for it!
    What is a GTG?
    edited May 2013
  • edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Renee
    When are you getting married? May 7, 2011...soo soon!
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We live in Raleigh, but are getting married in downtown Wilmington at the Cape Fear River Deck
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? The Peacock Feather Clip I am wearing in my hair and my late grandmother's brooch
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Yes...we're having chocolate cake with peanut butter filling
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Read, spend time with my FI, family, and our sweet dog, Bailey, singing, and watching trashy, mindless TV
    Are you down for GTG's? Certainly!
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? That the place where my friends and I used to hangout when we were in high school is opening for one night.  It's been closed for like ten years.
    What makes you happy? Looking at my engagement ring...haha...kidding!  Spending quality time with the people I love and laughing with my friends.  Warm weather and sunshine.  Crossing thing off my wedding to do list.
    Wanna ask me something? When I was "lurking" about a month ago, I noticed chatter of things having changed on message boards after the "incident".  I couldn't help but to wonder what happened.  I was curious then, but whatever happend still seemed fresh , so I didn't want to add salt to the wound. If you don't know or can't say, I will understand.  I am being ridiculously nosie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited May 2013
  • edited December 2011
    I think it was on the international board.  I figured it stemmed from how catty and mean some girls got on the boards.  I know that my first time posting turned into a nightmare.  I posted a message about my fiancée and groomsmen, and several girls jumped all over me. They made a mountain out a mole hill and started telling me that my relationship was doomed and that we had major communication issues.  They gathered all that from one insignificant post.  Needless to say it turned me off posting for a while.    I am glad people on here are much nicer!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies! I've been lurking for quite a while and maybe posted a time or two... so here it goes...

What's your name or nickname? Tamara

When are you getting married? 10.01.11 ... I've seen atleast two other date twins while reading the earlier responses.  Its our 8th anniversary!

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We are currently living in Raleigh, but are both from Morganton, NC.  We are getting married and having our reception at a family friend's land surrounded by the mountains!

So far, what's your favorite little detail? I'm in love with my invitations and programs.  I've only picked them out on Etsy, but I am in loooove with them!

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? My FI has a family friend who will be making our cake.  She makes every one's birthday cakes, so I guess, yes, I have. Its yummy!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love photography recently shot a friend's wedding and have more coming up! I love reading and anything DIY!

Are you down for GTG's? Sure!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Who knows... I work at a college, so I hear so many crazy things each day!

What makes you happy? Friends, family, sunshine, mountains and my two fuzz-ball kittens

Wanna ask me something? Two things... Where did you get your hedgehogs? My FI's sister is in LOVE with them.  Second - how do you balance school and your marriage? I'll be starting grad school this summer and am worried about how to balance it all.
  • laurenb89laurenb89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW, I just found this board HAHA! Im glad to see other NC gals!!
    Im Lauren, 21 and the proud mommy of a 6 month old pampered princess!!
    Lauren

8/27/2011

Where are you getting married (or whe
    re would you like to get married)?
    Crestwood Inn, Boone NC

EVERYTHING!! lol

nope, but it's going to be red velvet.. yummm

Spend as much time as possible with my little girll! =)

Are you down for GTG's?
     Sure!

That my mom's bf like Lords of the Ring.. ha!

What makes you happy?
     that my life is as close to perfect as I think it can get, I have a nice home, car, an amzing best friend that I get to marry, and most importantly I have an amazing, smart, perfect, and healthy angel!!
    edited May 2013
  • squirrelcubesquirrelcube member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Elizabeth
    When are you getting married? November 12, 2011, which will be our 4 year anniversary.
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? On Kure Beach in the late afternoon. 
    So far, what's your favorite little detail?  No favorite details so far...I've been too busy trying to make sure I have everything planned!
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  We haven't tried the cake yet, but are looking forward to it.  I work with someone that does wedding cakes in her spare time, and she's been so busy this spring that she hasn't had a chance to sit down with us for our tasting yet.  Soon, though!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  My FI and I are both gamers, so in our spare time, you can usually find us on World of Warcraft.
    Are you down for GTG's? Sorry, haven't learned the lingo yet...what's a GTG?  From the context of the conversation, I'm thinking it's a gathering...
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? One of our dogs randomly started howling at 2 am for no reason...sounded like a siren going off in our bedroom, but there wasn't anything there!
    What makes you happy? Spending time with my friends & family, crossing things off my checklist, playing with our various pets.
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! Not at the moment, but if I think of something, I will!
    Anniversary Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm new :)

What's your name or nickname? Alicia
    When are you getting married? 5-26-11
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? No clue yet
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? All of them, I love detail
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  not yet but can't wiat
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? read, play with my dog
    Are you down for GTG's? sorry to sounds dumb I'm REALLLY new GTG??
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? ???
    What makes you happy? wedding planning, my fiance and vacattions
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! What is something about your wedding you would change if you could?

• knl1027knl1027 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristin
    June 16, 2012
    Wedding and Reception at 128 South in Wilmington, NC
    Booking my venue.  It's a historic building downtown that has been renovated and has beautiful stained glass windows and hardwood floors. 
    Not yet, but looking forward to it! I want to do one tier and then cupcakes for the guests. 
    Read :)
    Are you down for GTG's?
     Sure
    Gosh, there are so many things..I teach 2nd grade there's something random being said everyday.
    What makes you happy?
    reading, spending time with family and friends, travel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    admitted lurker on here and RDU board lol

Krystal

November 12, 2011

Ceremony: home church
    Reception: Prestonwood country club

I have been procrastinating the little details, but so far I love my dress lol

not yet hopefully soon

I like to sleep...I am a senior psych and child development double major at ECU (Go Pirates!) and I finish in 3 weeks graduation is in 4 so sleep is on the top of my list lol

Are you down for GTG's?
    sure just depends on the date and time

classes are canceled because of "severe weather" aka rain

What makes you happy?
    My Savior, being alive, family, friends, york peppermint patties, the usual

Any planning advice?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it
    116 haven't responded yet....
    RSVP Date October 12, 2011

• edited December 2011
    Stephanie

April 14, 2012

Asheville, at the Homewood

Hmmm, so far we have only booked the venue and hired a wedding planner....so both of those are my favorites :)

Not yet, but looking forward to it!!

Exploring my new city...I just moved to DC a few months ago, and there is so much to do! Also relaxing with my wonderful fiance and my adorable cat

Are you down for GTG's?
    I would be, but I'm not living in NC now :(

My little cousin was talking to his mom about my wedding, and when she asked him if he would ever get married, he said "No, because that would be like throwing all my hard-earned money into a black hole!!" He's 11, where did he come up with that?!?

What makes you happy?
    A good book, a nice wine, spending time with family and friends....all the usual stuff :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kb58110kb58110 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Alright, I have been lurking for quite a while and have only posted a few times so I will introduce myself.  It has been a lot of fun reading everyones posts.

Kristina

June 25, 2011

The Inn at Crestwood Boone, NC

My invitations, handmade fabric pockets instead of inner envelopes

Sad Day, we picked out our cake but they didn't have fresh samples that day, so no.

Play with my crazy Siberian Husky

Are you down for GTG's?
    Sure

I teach 1st grade and my kids call me Ms. B, one little boy asked me if after I get married he could call me Ms. B.S. (S starts my new last name)

What makes you happy?
    Family, Friends and hanging out with the love of my life :)

How do I keep from stressing out about the little things as the date gets closer?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like I'm late to this party (haven't logged in for a bit) but better late than never, right?

What's your name or nickname? Emily

When are you getting married? 11-11-11

Where are you getting married? Millennium Center in Winston-Salem

So far, what's your favorite little detail? There's still a lot I haven't done yet but as of now I'm in love with one of my favors. I'm heavily involved in dog rescue and get 100s of emails every day with pleas for help with a dog in need. Over the last couple months I took the most serious medical cases and made donations towards the care of the dog. I selected one per guest (estimating about 75 guests) and am in the process of making little note cards with a picture of the dog on the cover and a little story (only happy endings, don't want to depress all the guests with the reality of NC's issues with animal abuse & neglect) and letting the guests know that a donation towards their medical costs or whatever they needed, was made in their name. Attached will be a chocolate paw print lollipop that I already found on etsy. There will be one at each chair.

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? yep! my caterer (above & beyond) has a cake baker they work with so I just went with her.

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Most of my free time is spent working on animal rescue. I just finished fostering a momma dog and her 7 puppies for 6.5 weeks until they were old enough to make the trip to rescue in MI. They were 30 minutes from being put down at a shelter when I pulled them out of there. I have 4 dogs of my own that take up quite a bit of my time, as well.
    Are you down for GTG's? Yes! FH & I reloacted here from FL and I don't know anyone so I'd love the opportunity to meet new people. It SUCKS not having local friends!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? haven't really HEARD anything super random this week. but it was pretty random coming home yesterday afternoon to see my neighbor mowing my fenced in backyard in his boxers as a show of gratitude to FH for fixing his computer last week LOL

What makes you happy? saving a dog and laughing. not just a chuckle but that deep, painful, in-your-gut kind of laugh that keeps you smiling for days. haven't had one of those in a while, but they definitely feel good.

Wanna ask me something? Go for it! if you could change one thing about the way you handled the wedding planning process, what would it be?
  • edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname?  Jessica
    When are you getting married?  12/19/2009
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  Ceremony: Bethany Lutheran Church, Reception: Crown Plaza Hotel Hickory, NC
    So far, what's your favorite little detail?  The hands ceremony part of the ceremony
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  Yummm cake!  It was just yellow cake with buttercream frosting but it was amazing!  And eating the frozen, year old top layer was surprisingly good!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Stuff with our pets - training, walks, dog park...they're very entertaining; reading; board games/cards
    Are you down for GTG's?  Yes
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Hmmm good one, I guess Lola's weird squeally bark sound she makes when she's really excited to go outside
    What makes you happy?  My DH (most of the time lol), all our animals, cake!

• edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Katelyn 
    When are you getting married?  October 16, 2011
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  All Saint's Chapel in Raleigh
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? Pinwheels- When we got engaged, the garden had this installment of pinwheels just filling up this huge expanse of land. We're trying to encorporate little touches of pinwheels, but not go over board. 
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  Yes! But in a roundabout way. My mom is a semi-professional baker and she'll be doing our cakes, but we haven't decided which flavors yet
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  Write, travel, spend time with my fiance
    Are you down for GTG's?  Sure
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? "You'd better call 911, there's a tiger in your house" The invitation designer was telling me about her daughter prompting her to make fake emergency calls. It was hilaioursly adorable. 
    What makes you happy? Sitting outside at dusk wiht a cool breeze with my fiance and a mojito ;)
    Wanna ask me something? Not yet, but I'm here for advice, so probably soon!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I just got engaged this week and my fiance wants to get married this fall at his parents' mountain home in Mars Hill, NC. We live in Jacksonville, FL so we will be planning this long distance. The wedding will be at the country club, Wolf Laurel, on September 24th if everything checks out. I will have so many questions once we get the date booked, I'm sure.

What's your name or nickname? Leighanne
    When are you getting married? September 24, 2011
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  Wolf Laurel Country Club, Mars Hill NC
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? That my fiance knew exactly what he wanted.
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Nope 
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love my job,  I'm a nurse. I also absolutely adore our puppy, Josie.
    Are you down for GTG's? I'm in FL :(
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? "I lost my helmet"
    What makes you happy? Date night, my adorable little miniature schnauzer, my man
    Wanna ask me something? Are any of you from around Mars hill/Burnsvill/Weaersville Area? I am very unfamiliar with the area and I joined this site to ask for some help from some locals (hopefully)
    . There is a beautiful church nearby called Bright Hope Laurel that I am hoping we can book for the ceremony. Anyone heard  of it? Also, any DJ or band recs for the area? I know I need to book people soon.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone!! I've been a member on here for a couple of months, however I'll be moving south to live with my fiance at the end of June so I've been busy packing, spending time with local friends, finishing up the school year, and traveling to see my family and fiance... things are finally coming together so hoping to be more active with posting!!

What's your name or nickname? Danielle

When are you getting married? July 7, 2012... so still in the beginning stages of planning!

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We will be getting married at Carrigan Farms in Mooresville, NC... checked it out and fell in love with the place immediately!

So far, what's your favorite little detail? My nana passed away a few years ago and her and I were extremely close... My family has this thing where we believe everytime we see a hummingbird it is nana--because she loved to feed the birds every morning and she was a quick one behind the wheel! So my favorite detail is trying to find ways to incorporate hummingbirds into different aspects of the wedding... definitely keeps the creative wheels turning!! :)

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? We have tried it at a bridal show that we went to in Raleigh--definitely had a favorite--but hoping to find a vendor closer to our location!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Spend time with my family, friends, and fiance... work out/run... visit the beach... girly things like manis/pedis... travel... cook/bake (really looking forward to doing this more often once I have someone to cook for besides myself!)... play/watch sports (BIG Phillies fan)... teach (sad to be leaving my first grade position in PA but hoping to find something in NC)... and LAUGH :)

Are you down for GTG's? Absolutely!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? My friend was at a bar and was "admiring" an oddly matched outfit some guy was wearing... he ended up coming over to her and asked if he could sit in the seat next to her... she told him both seats were taken (her friends were in the bathroom)... and so he left... few minutes later her friends came back and told her that Joe Flacco (Ravens quarterback) was in the bar... when they pointed him out to her---she couldn't believe it--turned out to be the guy she sent away!! Bet that was a first time for him! :)

What makes you happy? Staying busy :) Spending time with my family, friends, and the guy of my dreams... and seeing everyone around me happy too :) Also being at a Phillies game, being around water (lake, ocean, or pool), OR relaxing with a run or good work out

Wanna ask me something? Anyone been married at Carrigan Farms before and have any suggestions or recommended vendors?? Also.. are there any teachers near Concord out there that could give any advice for job searching??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Morgan, Morganna either or

When are you getting married? May 19th, 2012

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  I'm getting married at a vineyard near our house

So far, what's your favorite little detail? i would have to say the guest book.  It's not going to be a sign your name and you're done kind of thing.  I'm having a photobooth and all kinds of good things before they can sign in.  It'll be interesting

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? not yet but the lady making it is like a grandma to my fiance so I'm just going to go with it

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Beach, Dance, Movies, Concerts, Bake, Shop, and be a mom :)

Are you down for GTG's? any chance to get a mommy break I'm down

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? that a girl i know of is pregnant.  sorry it was completely out of the blue.  she's in high school and boy was that random

What makes you happy? when we have family time.  ben, me and our daughter

• blancokmblancokm member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Kristen

September 4, 2011

Where are you getting married?
    Beaufort, NC

my favors. i have decided to hand paint oyster shells with a landscape depicting cape lookout lighthouse.

I have not, but Sunday night she is gonna have a mini cake for me to taste! we may do a small round strawberry shortcake cake, otherwise it is just going to be cookies, cannolies and little bites for our desert.

What do you like to do, aside from planning your wedding?
    i love to read & spend time in the woods with my FI and our three dogs!

Are you down for GTG's? 
    sure, but I live in AZ (your welcome to come visit the grand canyon state). my parents currently live in Beaufort.

What makes you happy?
    A day spent on the water or a day in the mountains, especially if FI is with me.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Anne

November 12, 2011 (still can't believe it, just got engaged 6/7)

Where are you getting married? 

That's still up in the air... seriously considering the Clayton Center, but may go in a different direction, our planner is looking into the Carolina Inn

Picking out my brides maid dresses. I found great dressed at Nordstrom.com

No, but I can't wait.

What do you like to do, aside from planning your wedding?

I love to read and write.

Are you down for GTG's?  

Yes, but I live in Florida. You guys are always welcome to come on down to the Sunshine State.

What makes you happy? 

My FI - no one makes me laugh the way he does
  • edited December 2011
    Well there hasn't been a post on here for a while, but I thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself.

What's your name or nickname? Amy

November 5, 2011

River Run Country Club
    Davidson, North Carolina

Tough question becuase I want to say everything.  I am doing a lot of the wedding stuff on my own, so I like doing little projects that turn out well.  They make me feel good about myself!

Making my own cake.  So, yes, I've tried a lot of cakes.  Probably will go wiht a simple white, but my tres leches is out of this world.... if only it would keep long enough to make ahead of time... sigh.

Job searching.  Sad, I know, but I just moved here.  I love making/blogging about cupcakes.  Love scrabble (aggressively).  Card/Board games.  Love Netflix.  Love eating.  Again, sad, i know. 

Are you down for GTG's? 
    Most def.

What makes you happy? 
    My doggy.  Down blankets with a cranked up AC.  Knitting.  Bikram Yoga.  Netflix.  Cooking, baking, cooking, baking, cooking, baking.  GET ME IN THE KITCHEN. 
  • edited December 2011
    Not a Lurker either. But could def always use advice from other brides since im nt from the area im having my wedding in.hehe.
     What's your name or nickname? Sheena
    When are you getting married? Oct 23,2011
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Graylyn Estate, Winston-Salem Nc, Both Ceremony an reception.
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? Im a lil of a Bad bride an havent made a ton of Decisions.lol But is it horrible to say I LOVE the Venue's old elegant feel, an MY Bridal Gown cuz it makes me feel like a Bride.haha
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? WE have, it seems there will be a couple decent flavors then my Fiance an I will have this look that is in aggrement that means * Yes dear the Rest are DRY* An NO we dont want this BAKER doing our Cake. I love that he doesnt want me to JUST settle since Ive came up with a creative concept for our cake.hehe
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Paint,Draw, Read books, Traveling,bake sweet treats, Watch tv or movies with my love, play with our Puggs sugar an sammy, an now look at baby stuff as my SISTER is expecting a baby 2 days b4 my Bday.YAY
    Are you down for GTG's ?Sure, if im in the area.
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? How Weddings should be about the GUESTs.. I was like um shock thought it was bout the BRIDE an GROOM promising there lives to one another.lol
    What makes you happy? My Fiance, My Puggs, GREAT Food, BABy Looney thats yet to enter the world, A good Book, My Fiances Cooking god that man can cook & kiss,haha, A good Margaritas, Yeah its the SIMPLE Things..

• edited December 2011
    Hello All(:

Im Caitlyn

May 23, 2015

Emerald Isle, NC. We dont have a set venue yet.

Not quite sure

Haven't had a cake tasting yet. Looking forward to it though :-)

Go to the beach with my family and friends

Are you down for GTG's?
    Sure!

Can't think of anything at the moment

What makes you happy?
    My wonderful fiance and life its self :)

Everyone feel free to message me! I'm a very friendly person :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, ladies!! I'm a new NC transplant from Michigan. I'm living in Raleigh with my FI as he starts his new job post college. I'm planning a wedding out of state and am pretty active on the Metro Detroit boards. I'm looking forward to the crazy wedding planning that lies ahead as well as getting to know some new people in a new city!
    What's your name or nickname? Michelle (nickname = Mish)
    When are you getting married? 9-8-2012 (my parent's anniversary :)
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Near my hometown in Michigan at Lyon Oaks GC in South Lyon. 
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? Our florist is using a piece of my Mom's wedding dress to wrap my bouquet (my something old).
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Not yet, but I plan to when we visit home for the holidays!!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love to shop (who doesn't?) I'm looking foward to checking out the 'Streets of Southpoint' among other shopping areas near Raleigh. I love to grab coffee with friends, cook & hang out with FI. 
    Are you down for GTG's? Yes!! I'm in desperate need of some new NC friends!
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? That Casey Anthony was offered a career with an adult film company just hours after the trial. Kind of random - mostly sickening. 
    What makes you happy? A clean house, sportscenter, starbucks caramel chai lattes, wasting time shopping on Etsy, Martha Stewarts Wedding Magazines, Skyping with Michigan friends, CocoPerez.com, Shopping Anthropologie's sale racks, among other things :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your name or nickname? Susan

When are you getting married? September 22, 2012

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? In Raleigh, Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church and reception at North Ridge Country Club

So far, what's your favorite little detail? We don't have a lot of details yet, but currently I'm pretty obsessed with my color scheme, which is sun set colors like this:

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2010/01/13/wedding-colors-inspired-by-a-sunset-from-jennifer-lindberg-photography/

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No!  But I am soooo excited for cake and food tastings!

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love swimming, playing with our cat, reading, and spending time with my brand spanking new fiancee.

Are you down for GTG's? Sure, but currently I'm living in Richmond and planning a Raleigh wedding (Raleigh is my hometown) so I need some advance notice

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Nothing too crazy so far.

What makes you happy? Being with friends and family, not being stressed out, and my house being clean andorganized, haha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011

Been lurking for awhile, so I guess it's about time to introduce myself.Smile

What's your name or nickname? Melissa, but most of my friends call me Mel (I hate it).

When are you getting married? April 28, 2012

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We're getting married at Asbury Park Grove in Charlotte.

So far, what's your favorite little detail? My STD magnets...I'm in love with them.

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No, I'm not a big cake person, but FI is dying to do this.

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Hang out with our friends, play cornhole, BBQ...basically just relax and have a good time.

Are you down for GTG's? Sure!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? hmmm...not sure. 

What makes you happy? My awesome FI, friends, and family (so cliche', but true!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards