Come out Come out...

124»

Re: Come out Come out...

• Options
    What's your name or nickname? 
    Lerissa
    When are you getting married? 
    October 12, 2013
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? 
    Chimney Rock!!! For something different, I attend UNCC, my parents live in OBX, and his family thrives in the peidmont 
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? 
    Our Location! We have the ENTIRE hotel for and ENTIRE weekend, their chef staff, their coordinators, their pool :-)
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? 
    There's a little bakery here that makes the most amazing cakes! I hope they can shipt it out! 
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? 
    Enjoying my Fiance & Pup. I'm a homebody and love it when I can sit on the floor to play a game or make a craft! 
    Are you down for GTG's? 
    My Fiance's Family business actually sells & services disel so by default yes, and thank you everyone else who supports it as well lol.
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? 
    "Why wont your dog run away"
    What makes you happy? 
    Happy people, relaxing, removing myself from media/advertisments (I live in charlotte)

Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    What's your name or nickname? Leigh
    When are you getting married? 4/27/13
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Celebrations at Lake Gaston, my parent's rental house in Henrico, NC near Roanoke Rapids :-)
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? our subtle travel theme :-)  luggage tags for favors and postcards as our guest book that we'll put in a photo album once their signed
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No, we live in Florida, 6 hrs away from each other and we're constantly deployed on research missions in the summer(he flies planes, I drive ships) so that'll have to wait until we can both take leave in September and head to NC
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Play with my golden retriever/yellow lab mix, Daisy at the beach :-)
    Are you down for GTG's? I'm in Florida :-/
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? "Terrestrial cookout"
    What makes you happy?  My FI, dog, friends and family :-)
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it!  What is your favorite place in NC?
  • Options
    Mackenzie

Unfortunately not until I finish my schooling, which won't be until 2015.  So I'm expecting a 2015 or 2016 wedding, depending on how monies work out and venue pricing.

I love castles and the overall grandiose theme.  I've looked at Biltmore Estate, Castle McCulloch, the Landmark Hall and Gardens, Graylyn, Chateau Bellavie, and Castle Ladyhawk.  They are all uber expensive.  :-(  So far I am leaning greatly toward the Barclay Villa in Angier because it is breathtakingly beautiful and the lady that showed me the grounds was spectacularly kind.

I like how at a few of the venues they have a grand entrance of the wedding party, whether walking down some fancy stairs, or stepping out onto a balcony.

I have not yet...  :-(  But there is a cake lady that handles my FI and his family's birthdays.  I hear she also does wedding cakes.

I love to sit and rest from work and school.  I can spend hours dilly-dallying on the internet browsing for information about weddings and other things.  I also like to crochet blankets and hats while watching TV.

Are you down for GTG's?
    I wish I could, but I am completing school in West Virginia.

That Vicodin and other pain medications may be changing formulation to lower the amount of Tylenol in each tablet.  This may cause a new patent, and therefore a new brand-name medication.  If the doctor prescribes "Vicodin" then the patient may have to shell out big monies instead of getting a comparable generic...

What makes you happy?
    I love spending time with my FI and our kitty cat.  I wish I could see them more, but they live in Florida.  :-(

Wanna ask me something? Go for it!
    How did you prevent yourself from having "buyer's remorse" when deciding on a crucial factor of the wedding?
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2013
  • Options

I've been engaged since this past May and I am now finally starting to get serious about wedding planning, rather than only imagining it on pinterest :)  So, here goes:

- What's your name or nickname?  Kathy

- When are you getting married?  September 28, 2013 (I hope, I just have to make another trip to my venue to book it!) 

- Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Ceremony at Lou Mac Park and Reception at River Neuse Suites in Oriental

- So far, what's your favorite little detail? hmmm... I love the details! I am going to put a pirate sign on the guest table that says Surrender the Booty! haha

- Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  I did... and we all got sick from it! My mom, my aunt and I tried cupcakes from a potential bakery, but got sick almost immediately after eating it... so now I'm terrified of sampling food at places!

-What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love taking my dog to the dog park or walking the lake with my dog... most relaxing part of my day! :)

- Are you down for GTG's? Yep!

- What is the most random thing you've heard this week?  hmmm... can't think of anything at the moment

What makes you happy? my niece, my fiance, my puppy!!!

***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:7c45bec8-2fff-4188-93d8-f95668ca0177">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]MrsKloop, Im so sorry to hear you got sick from sampling foods! That's no fun, but I just wanted to say, maybe take a break from tastings and then try again later. I know that I sometimes get sick easily from certain foods (sweets being one of them) and have to be kind of particular about where I get those foods from. I hope you can find somewhere that doesnt make you sick! :) What kind of dog do you have? Welcome to the board and congrats on your engagement!
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yes, I've decided to do more sampling <em>after </em>researching places instead of walking into a bakery that I've never seen or heard of and trying it! haha  I have a black lab... he's 13 months, had him since he was 6 weeks and he is my baby! lol 
    ***January Siggy Challenge... Bouquet Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Adriane

April,14th,2013 My parents wedding date (we were supposed to get married may 19th 2012 but wedding was called off, We got back together 2months after calling it off and have been stronger since.)

Our neighbors beautiful backyard 

My something blue which is my shoes, and making our save the dates and invitations ( work for dads printing company) Big save on money! 

Yes!! OMG Strawberry cake with cheesecake in the middle and cream cheese icing!!

play with my hedghog louie and our 2year old german Shep Roxy, My 3 legged doberman pincher sebastion and my 3yr old australian Shep Dixie! 

Are you down for GTG's? 
    Sure! Should plan a GTG sometime! 

Not really sure 

What makes you happy? 
    waking up every morning, knowing Im alive.

How long have you had your hedgie? His or her name?

• Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:03751e28-d8a7-4aff-be29-56dfc4f462a0">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out Come out... : We've had two hedgies. Both have since sadly passed, but we loved them so much while they were here. Our first was an Albino named Chance, because it by pure chance that we got him and it was his second chance as a good life as his first owners were kids and didnt like him because he wasn't 'cuddly'. . . (I blame the parents on that one). Our second was Harriet. We got her from a vet that was overloaded with rescues and wanted to find her a good home that would love her and spoil her, which we did. :o)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE] <div>Awe I'm Sorry to hear that. Yea I love my little guy he is so much fun!

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:870419ba-da84-427d-aa57-f1ae39bed98c">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your name or nickname?  Lerissa When are you getting married?  October 12, 2013 Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  Chimney Rock!!! For something different, I attend UNCC, my parents live in OBX, and his family thrives in the peidmont  So far, what's your favorite little detail?  Our Location! We have the ENTIRE hotel for and ENTIRE weekend, their chef staff, their coordinators, their pool :-) Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  There's a little bakery here that makes the most amazing cakes! I hope they can shipt it out!  What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding?  Enjoying my Fiance & Pup. I'm a homebody and love it when I can sit on the floor to play a game or make a craft!  Are you down for GTG's?  My Fiance's Family business actually sells & services disel so by default yes, and thank you everyone else who supports it as well lol. What is the most random thing you've heard this week?  "Why wont your dog run away" What makes you happy?  Happy people, relaxing, removing myself from media/advertisments (I live in charlotte)  
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

Hey! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Im not a lurker....

What's your name or nickname? Amber

When are you getting married? 6/14/2014

Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Beach

So far, what's your favorite little detail? Just got engaged, so its all a new discovery...

Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Nope

What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Girly things, shopping, and art.

Are you down for GTG's? Yes!!!

What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Made the wedding web site

What makes you happy? Jokes, and the beach

Wanna ask me something?  Are there any GTGs planned anytime soon- I need some girls to go to bridal shows with
  • Options
    Have you looked at Montague Lake in the Raliegh area...$400 for the whole day...great outdoor venue.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:67d1e0e0-e55f-4df0-9fb6-008cf90930f8">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your name or nickname?  My name is Briana, my friends and family call me Bana, Breezy, Anna, Miss Ann, and sometimes Melissa (b/c they get me cofused with my aunt.) :/ When are you getting married? We are hoping to get married in April, 2013 Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? We would like to have a garden but everything is out of budget so we've settled on our church. :) So far, what's your favorite little detail? Not far enough into planning to have details, although I have a fantastic cake idea in my head. Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? No, but I already know which baker I am using because she has AWESOME cakes and cupcakes. What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I like travelling and writing. Are you down for GTG's? idk...depends What is the most random thing you've heard this week? "There's a ghost in her Pink Peter!" *face palm* @ my tipsy friends. What makes you happy? Cake, I LOOOOVE cake...and my pets.
    Posted by banab[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    Super lurker here.  Happy to meet you!

What's your name or nickname? Christine
    When are you getting married? Tentatively Sept 2013
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Legally in Hong Kong where we live, ceremony on his family farm SE NC, reception in my hometown of LA.
    So far, what's your favorite little detail? My engagement ring.  Been in the family for many generations, and the same ring his father gave to his mother.
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Not yet.  I want all the cake.
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Dodgeball, photography, theatre, travel
    Are you down for GTG's? Sure!  But I live on the other side of the planet :(
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Jeremy Lin's Super Lintellect.  Look it up on youtube. 
    What makes you happy? My fiance and puppy, my family and friends, beautiful weather, outdoors, good food, good music, lots of travel
    Wanna ask me something? Go for it! What do you recommend for my family when they visit NC?  They've never been!  Food/sightseeing/shopping/local fare recommendations appreciated.  They will prob be staying near Ocean Isle.   
  • Options
    What part of NC do u live in?? I would love a GTG!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_come-out-come-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:c8f9abdb-95f5-479b-bc6b-f0d7559d3590Post:001968eb-3d52-45e6-a308-91888ddc738c">Re: Come out Come out...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out Come out... : Hey! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Im not a lurker.... What's your name or nickname? Amber When are you getting married? 6/14/2014   Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)? Beach So far, what's your favorite little detail? Just got engaged, so its all a new discovery... Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)? Nope What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? Girly things, shopping, and art. Are you down for GTG's? Yes!!! What is the most random thing you've heard this week? Made the wedding web site What makes you happy? Jokes, and the beach  Wanna ask me something?  Are there any GTGs planned anytime soon- I need some girls to go to bridal shows with
    Posted by AW&AW[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    What's your name or nickname?  Alex
    When are you getting married? November 2013 - no set date yet
    Where are you getting married (or where would you like to get married)?  Greensboro
    So far, what's your favorite little detail?  My thank you note cards!
    Have you tried cake yet (cake is good!)?  Not yet. Looking forward to it though!
    What do you like to do, aside from plan your wedding? I love to cook and blog about my cooking and wedding planning
    Are you down for GTG's?  Sure
    What is the most random thing you've heard this week?  hmm no idea, it's only Monday!
    What makes you happy? Fall weather
  • Options
    Hey everyone!!

Haven't been on here in aaaages, and have JUST realised I have NEVER introduced myself to everyone!! Sorry!! Embarassed

V

Sept 2014

We're hoping to get married at Wagner House in Clayton... Smile

I am doing a LOT of little DIY projects, and so far my favourite is my brooch bouquet...

Not tried any cakes yet...but my Fiancé is a HUGE fan, so we're looking forward to it!!

I LOOOOVE movies, and books about movies, and documentaries about movies...lol...I love hanging out with my Fiancé and friends, and crafting...oh, and I am ADDICTED to Pinterest!! Laughing

Are you down for GTG's? 
    Unfortunately not...I am planning my NC wedding from Scotland, so a GTG would be diffcult...Laughing...unless there was one when I was on a  planning trip!! Wink

What makes you happy? 
    Sunny days, not setting an alarm clock, vacations at the beach, snuggling with my lovely Fiancé and lauging til I cry!! 

So there you have it...I am a Scots lassie, marrying in NC, planning from Glasgow, who loves Pinterest...Lol...

Any help you fabulous folk out there can give me would REALLY be appreciated...Kiss

Vx

• Options
    Rebecca
    October 26, 2013
    Pinehurst
    Looking at dresses
    I have tried quite a few cakes and they were all delicious!!
    I have a dog which is like my child (sounds corny if you don't like dogs, but if you have a dog you understand!) cooking, pinterest, and if I could afford to do it more often I love to shop
    Are you down for GTG's? 
    Yeah, I would love to get opinions and talk wedding stuff with other people! 
    Can't really think of anything 
    What makes you happy? 
    My finance and my dog
    What was your favorite part of your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards