June 2013 Weddings

June 2013 Role Call

Let's get to know one another a little better! 

Name/FI name
Age/FI age
When did you start dating
When did you get engaged
Wedding date
Interesting fact
Wedding Venue/Location
Colour(s) 
How are you personalizing your wedding?
Wedding website/blog/bio
Proposal story
What do you and FI do for a living (optional)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: June 2013 Role Call

• Klyn1983Klyn1983 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Name/FI name: Karami and Alan

Age/FI age: 28 and FI is 26

When did you start dating: 4/9/2011

When did you get engaged: 11/23/2011

Wedding date: June 14, 2013

Interesting fact: My grandparent's had the exact same shade of blue for their wedding 50 years ago. We had no idea until after the color was chosen and the tuxes ordered.

Wedding Venue/Location: Crystal Gardens-Southgate, Michigan. It's an all-in-one venue. Chapel is located on site, though we might have an outdoor wedding at the gazebo that's located right by our ballroom.

Colour(s): Peacock blue and champagne

How are you personalizing your wedding?: I'm going to send out a request for one or two interesting facts about each guest that is invited, when they are seated at their table there will be a handwritten note at each place setting. It'll read "the person on your left has done... and the person to your right has done..." Obviously insert the fact after each.  Plus, instead of a unity candle or sand we are writing love notes to each other and putting it into a box with a bottle of wine. At the ceremony we will be nailing it shut to be opened on our anniversary. 

Wedding website/blog/bio: It's a work in progress but I've finally started one! http://www.weddingwire.com/karamiandalan  It is password protected so please type in: holt61413  :) 

Proposal story: Ohh this is funny. We both failed miserably at the proposal. FI wanted to start a new tradition of going out to dinner before the holiday family chaos started. So, the day before Thanksgiving he asked me to get dressed up and took me to a nice restaurant near our house. I was on edge because I knew he was acting funny, I got up to use the restroom and called my best friend in a panic telling her how shifty he was being and that he was stressing me out. She told me to relax, I head back out to the table. He pours me a glass of wine and proposes a toast. He said: "To us getting married" and pulled out the box from under the table. I stared at him and the ring for a solid 30 seconds without saying anything. He thought I was going to say no, I was just surprised and didn't expect it. (plus I was confused as to why he didn't get down on one knee.) We laugh about it constantly now about how he should have gotten down on one knee and I should have said SOMETHING instead of being silent and staring. LOL

What do you and FI do for a living: I go to school full-time to become a Paralegal and FI is a Sprinkler-fitter. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2012
    Names: Crystal & Jimmie

Age/FI age: I'm 18 & he's 25 (will be 20&27 at wedding. Our Bdays are exactly 1 week apart!)

When did you start dating:
    July 29, 2011

When did you get engaged:
    January 14, 2012

Wedding date:
    June 29, 2013

Interesting fact:
    My ex-BF's grandmother introduced us at church. My intial thought was "He's too old for me!" But once we got to talking, age completely didn't matter. I don't even think about it anymore. My dad was like "Oh no!" lol but he came to terms with it and know loves him like a son.

Wedding Venue/Location:
    Undecided.

Colour(s):
    Champagne/Golden, Ivory, Blush Pink

Our theme is more of a country/rustic thing. Its going to be later in the evening because of heat and plus I want all the lights and lanterns. Our "Arch" is going to be a cloth, almost curtain-like setup.

Wedding website/blog/bio: N/A

Proposal story:
    So we had really talked about it last Christmas and were planning a wedding too, but just hadn't actually asked yet. Both our families knew we were going to get married it just wasn't officail although sometimes we claim Christmas as our proposal date because that was the day we had a serious convo about it and picked June.

Our actual proposal is so pitiful and almost terrible that FI and laugh about it now when we people ask and we have to tell them...Which is why most of the time we lie and say Christmas...

FI was out of town with work and had been for week or so. We hadn't got to talk alot so we were both pretty bummed. FI is super shy. We were talking on the phone on his break and you could barely hear him through all the noise on his end. So we decided to just txt. And that is how he popped the big question....through a txt message...He later apoligized about the way it happened but he probably would've been to shy to do it over the phone or in person anyway. It makes us laugh now though :)

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I am a full-time student working on becoming an accountant. I work part-time (now mostly on breaks) at a dermotology office, where I call patients back from the waiting room, weigh them, take temps, and then ask them about 20 questions lol. I also work some in medical records.

FI works with TDOT (Tennessee Department of Transportation). Right now he is a mechanic in the state garage/ salts the interstates in the winter/directs traffic...But starting Monday, he will be on the bridge crew which means raise in pay, but he will still be on salt duty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellyelizkellyeliz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Name/FI name: Kelly & Dave

Age/FI age: 27 (I'll be 28 next week) & 26

April 29, 2007

December 25, 2011

Wedding date:
    June 29, 2013

Interesting fact:
    We worked in the same complex for years but Dave will tell you we didn't meet until I "broke into his house" Our stories definitely differ in that area.

Wedding Venue/Location:
    The Villa in the Madera Ball Room at Ridder Country Club in East Bridgewater, MA. Our ceremony will be at the Church of the Holy Ghost which has a 100' aisle!

Colour(s): Aqua & Red

I am having three maid of honors because I have three sisters and we are all really close so I couldn't choose just one! Other than that we haven't put too much thought into the details. We are doing a lot of DIY to make it more personal.

Wedding website/blog/bio:

Proposal story:
    FI went to the Patriots Game on Christmas Eve so I had my sisters and my cousin over for a girls day. I checked the mail (which FI will tell you I NEVER DO!) to see if we got any last minute Christmas cards. In the mail was a jewelry store credit card statement. Of course I said something because I got so excited so FI told me that I ruined Christmas and that he hopes I like earrings. At that point my sisters and cousin were convinced I wasn't getting earrings but after being together almost 5 years I was sure it was just earrings. The next morning we opened all of the gifts that we got for eachother when he got up and said I guess I forgot to put your earrings under the tree. He went into the bedroom and came back red, shaky, and had tears in his eyes! He asked me to marry him and all I could say was SHUT UP! After I said yes we laughed because he never even had the chance to get down on one knee and I took a little while to say yes!

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I am a program director at a day habilitation program for adults with intellectual disabilities (it's a mouthful) FI is the assistant to the dean of liberal arts at a local college and he is working on getting his masters in management.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Name/FI name: Holly and Charlie

Age/FI age: 26/27

:
    Summer 2009

When did you get engaged: 7/29/11

Wedding date: 6/7/13

Interesting fact: We've been best friends since we were 12. :) It took us a long time to figure it out. lol

Wedding Venue/Location:
    The Park Savoy in Florham Park, NJ. It's an old mansion that has been restored beautifully. They have one wedding at a time, so we will have the whole estate for the day.

Colour(s) : Royal Blue/Orange/Yellow

: Not sure yet. My best friend is getting married May 4th of this year, so I'm not getting into hardcore wedding planning until my MOH duties are over. :)

Wedding website/blog/bio
    : N/A

Proposal story:
    Charlie inherited the house he grew up in when his grandmother passed away. We knew we were "it" for each other, so we started this whole huge home renovation (which took WAY longer than either of us had anticipated). We were *finally* moving all of my stuff in for our first night in the new house together. As we're getting ready for bed he goes to the kitchen, so I started watching Ghosthunters, because I love that show. He comes back into the bedroom with a very serious look on his face. "We need to talk. I just don't think I can move in with my girlfriend." I'm staring at him, seriously considering punching him in the face considering how LONG we've been planning the move, etc, and we FINALLY had all my stuff moved in. Luckily, before I could actually punch him, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and said, "I'd much rather move in with my fiance." :D

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm an editor at a publishing house in NYC, he is an IT tech for a radiology company.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    Name/FI name Allie and Adam
    Age/FI age 24 and 28 (will be 25 and 30 on wedding day)
    When did you start dating November 20, 2007
    When did you get engaged August 20, 2011
    Wedding date June 22, 2013
    Interesting fact We started dating and got engaged on the 20th on both months, I was aiming to make our date a 20th since that is obviously lucky for us, but just settled for the 22nd.
    Wedding Venue/Location Ceremony is at Heritage Park Gazebo and Reception is at Summit on the Park both in Canton, MI
    Colour(s) Pink and Green, thinking of adding in either purple, I just dont want my colors to come off as too baby showerish
    How are you personalizing your wedding? I am one of the people who doesnt have too much planned yet in terms of details, but I definitely plan on having a thumb print tree guest book and for the programs at the ceremony, I want to have them on a fan since it is an outdoor wedding
    Proposal story FI and I went on a vacation to northern Michigan, to Mackinac Island (one of my favorite places on the planet) You have to take a ferry to get there, and I just commented on the ferry that I really had to pee when we got to the mainland and FI was like I really dont think you are going to have time. I was like uhh ok, and he just seemed very strange and almost seemed irritated by me. When we got off the ferry, he had a horse drawn carriage waiting for us (I did have time to pee! lol) When I saw the carriage, I definitely knew it was going to happen, the carriage stopped on a bluff overlooking the lake and he got down on one knee and proposed to me.
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional) I am currently on a wait list for nursing school, and am working as a manager for a company. FI is a police officer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Name/FI name: Molly and David
    Age/FI age: Both 25
    Wedding date: June 1, 2013
    Interesting fact: We will be together almost  10 years when we get married
    Wedding Venue/Location: still shopping around
    Colour(s) : Silver and pink
    How are you personalizing your wedding? Family pictures everywhere!
    Wedding website/blog/bio http://Davemolly.ourwedding.com
    When did you start dating:  11/04/03
    When did you get engaged 7/30/2009
    Proposal story: It was my 23rd birthday, standing outside, hiding from the rain, he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wifeSmile
    What do you and FI do for a li ving: i am a nurse, he is a student/tutor
  • russ0002russ0002 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Names: Ashley & Jeff

Age/FI age: I'm 28, Jeff is 26

Casually started 5 years ago, officially December 10, 2010

April 7, 2012

Wedding date: 
    June 15, 2013

Interesting fact:
     My FI and I first met while working together at a restaurant. In the beginning, we hated each other! It was the whole breakfast versus dinner shift servers. After a while though, we started to like each other. Five year later, it was meant to be!

Wedding Venue/Location: 
    Humphrey Scottish Rite Masonic Center, Milwaukee, Gorgeous vintage location, built in 1890's. It is multiple floors, with an theater for the ceremony, lounge for cocktails, and dining room for the reception. They also have theater dressing rooms for the girls and guys to get ready in.

Colour(s): Burgundy, Ivory, and Champagne

We are going very traditional and classic. However, we are planning to have "the" reception to talk about. We have an incredible DJ and a photobooth with all the bells and whistles.  

Wedding website/blog/bio: TBD

Proposal story:
     Jeff had told me before the first of the year that I was free to start planning our wedding. He knows I am type A and very organinzed, so he was trying to help me plan ahead. Which I appreciated... However, he was adament that everything from his end wasn't to be rushed. He wanted to do it right. I am glad he did!
    I was in Las Vegas this past week for a sales meeting, Jeff had made plans to fly out once my meeting had ended. He arrived and a few days later, surprised me with a sunset helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon. Once we got to the canyon we were allowed to get out and walk around, take pictures. I could see him walking and digging in his pocket. I thought he was looking for chapstick! I started to head back to the helicopters, when he grabbed my hand. He was so nervous! He told me he couldn't imagine a spot more beautiful or a person more beautiful. It was so sweet. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! It was perfect!

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I work full-time in sales/customer marketing for SC Johnson. The company that makes Glade, Off, Pledge, etc....

Jeff works in IT at a manufacturing company. He is also going to school full-time to complete his information sciences degree. He will graduate one month before our wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    I tried to do this on my tablet in class the other day, but it just wasn't going to happen. Hopefully my laptop will cooperate a little better.
    Name/FI name: Brittany and Chris
    Age/FI age: We're both currently 21 and will be 22 when we get married.
    When did you start dating: May 5, 2011
    When did you get engaged: January 1, 2012
    Wedding date: June 8, 2013 (hopefully)
    Interesting fact: FI is 2 days shy of being 7 months older than me. My mother is 2 days shy of being 7 months older than my father. My parents met on New Year's. FI and I got engaged on New Year's (FI didn't know this when he proposed). Weird but fun coincidences.
    Wedding Venue/Location: We haven't booked yet, but we're hoping for Royale Orleans in St. Louis.
    Colour(s): Blue and purple with a little bit of white to calm it down.
    How are you personalizing your wedding?: It's the only wedding in the world where my FI and I are getting married to each other. :) Other than that, I have no idea.
    Wedding website/blog/bio: KamperAndFerguson.ourwedding.com
    Proposal story: As you probably know, FI and I are a long distance couple. I went to St. Louis for New Year's weekend (and a hockey game we had gotten tickets to as a Christmas present). We invited a few friends over for New Year's and ate a ton of pizza and wings. Just before midnight, we busted out champagne (which I learned I'm not a fan of) and went out front to light a few firecrackers. At midnight, FI lit them and walked over to kiss me. I turned around to look at something, and when I turned back, he was on one knee. I lost all ability to speak and couldn't focus on anything except getting him to stand up so I could hug him. It was ridiculous looking back, but it's ours so I'm happy.
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm a student and work part time for my family. FI is currently at McDonalds while he looks for a job in my hometown so he can move. It's not glamorous, but it's a job.
    June 2013 May Challenge: The Dress
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Name/FI name: Cassie / Shawn
    Age/FI age: 24 / 24
    When did you start dating?: Sept 7, 2008
    When did you get engaged?: April 12, 2011
    Wedding date?: June 15, 2013
    Interesting fact: We have an absolutely adorable and wonderful 19 month old son together!
    Wedding Venue/Location: Ceremony is at a Chapel at my dad's camp and the reception is at a local hotel
    Colour(s): Kelly green and white 
    How are you personalizing your wedding? Im trying to have a lot of DIY stuff at the reception.
    Wedding website/blog/bio: Don't have one yet!
    Proposal story: FI woke up early one morning and made me breakfast in bed, then went in and got DS, changed him, etc. When he walked back into the bedroom with DS he said "Babe! Look what DS found!" - it was a little box. I thought for sure it was Pandora charms, cause that's his go-to gift. I opened the box, and took out the little white box, still clueless until he knelt down with DS and asked me to marry him! It was perfect!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm a receptionist/treatment planner at a dentist's office and DS is a sports reporter for the local paper.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Name/FI name: Kendra and David
    Age/FI age: 20 and 25 (will be 21 and 26 on wedding day)
    When did you start dating: May 11th of last year
    When did you get engaged: April 1, 2012
    Wedding date: June 19
    Interesting fact: We both thought when we met that we would never be together in August 2011
    Wedding Venue/Location: Rosewood Reception Center in Pocatello, ID
    Colour(s): Black and Purple
    How are you personalizing your wedding?: Still working on it
    Wedding website/blog/bio: working on it
    Proposal story: We spent months looking for a ring, because I told him I wanted something unique...haha Well, we finally found the ring on Sat. He went back and bought it on Sunday, so Monday after I got out of class, he said we should go and get the ring. Without knowing he had bought it, we went back to find no ring. I was so upset that I cried myself to sleep. A week later, April 1st, we were laying in bed just talking, he jumped out of bed, came back in got down on one knee with the ring in hand and asked me to marry him! I was so happy, yet angry. Anyway, it's finally official!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm a full time student in college and work at a daycare, he works in restaurants.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • In Response to Re:June 2013 Role Call:[QUOTE]Let's get to know one another a little better!nbsp;Name/FI nameAge/FI ageWhen did you start datingWhen did you get engagedWedding dateInteresting factWedding Venue/LocationColoursnbsp;How are you personalizing your wedding? Wedding website/blog/bioProposal storyWhat do you and FI do for a living optional
    Posted by Klyn1983[/QUOTE]

Name: Melissa
    Fiances name: Tom
    His age: 31
    Feb 13,2008 when we started going out.
    Engaged one year later. We have been alot.
    Wedding date: June 8,.2013
    Colors: red and black

• Name/FI name:  Cassandra and Nate

Age/FI age: I'm 30 and he's 28

When did you start dating: February 23, 2011

When did you get engaged: June 3, 2011

Wedding date: Originally Sept 22, 2012; now we've pushed it back to June 22, 2013

Interesting fact: We've basically have attended the same events and hung out with the same people for about 5 years before we actually met.. It was literally like our eyes met and the rest is history :)

Wedding Venue/Location: Outer Banks, NC. We will be renting an Event house in Corolla and have the wedding on the beach and reception at the house

Colour(s):  Turquoise and Champange with Burlap accents.. it's kind of a shabby chic/rustic/beachy theme.. It looks good in my head, so hopefully I can pull it off :)

How are you personalizing your wedding? He's a huge STL Cardinals fan and I'm a huge Chicago Cubs fan, so we are going to utilize that to make it more personal, plus a WHOLE lot of diy.

Wedding website/blog/bio: http://www.mywedding.com/nateandcass , it's definitely nowhere near completed.. 

Proposal story: well originally he had planned on proposing Memorial Weekend on our trip to Carolina Beach, but things didn't work out and he was really bummed on our flight back. Then on Friday, we went mini golfing, shopping and to dinner with my daughter, Ali. Well him and my daughter went off and bought a ring while I was in another store. When we got to dinner, Ali was kinda spazzing and super excited. I was like what's going on and Nate was like I think I have an idea, then he pulled the ring out and asked. It was amazing :)

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): Nate is a mechanic, fabricator, and installer. I work as an Optician.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Name/FI name
    Lauren and Jess

Age/FI age
    I'm 29, Jess is 32

April 11, 2008

When did you get engaged
    December 10, 2011

Wedding date
    June 1st, 2013, in Northampton, MA (we live in New York City)

Interesting Fact

We're both marathon runners :)

Wedding Venue/Location
    Ceremony in the chapel at Smith College, reception in the Garden House at Look Park

Colors
    Lavender, gray, and pale green... think lots of hydrangeas and greenery.

Well, since we're a lesbian couple, I suppose our wedding will look a little different. We're going to have our brothers serve as each of our "honor attendants" and there will be a mix of family and friends as each of our group of attendants. We'll probably also organize a group run the morning of our wedding cause we're dorky runners like that.
    Wedding website
    Not yet completed...

Proposal Story
    She took me for a walk through Central Park and proposed on one knee at the Bethesda Fountain :) then we had champagne and an amazing dinner at One if by Land, Two if by Sea in the Village.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Name/FI name: Desiree and Tim

Age/FI age: 23 and 30

When did you start dating: September 29, 2007

When did you get engaged: December 11, 2011

Wedding date: June 29, 2013

Interesting fact: We kind of met because of the Navy. My brother was in the Navy and he was in the Navy. Our Moms were part of a group called the Florida Navy Moms, and about four times a year all the Navy Moms would get together somewhere in FL. I always went with my Mom, just because it was better than sitting at home. He was home on leave and came to one of the weekend gatherings. We met there and hung out in the pool talking until 2am the first night. I was 16 (and had a bf) at the time and he was 23, so nothing could happen, but I had such a huge crush on him. We stayed in touch through myspace and email for a few years. Then when I went away to college, I posted on myspace asking if anyone wanted to come visit for the weekend. He had just gotten out of the Navy 2 months earlier and came down to visit and basically never left.

Wedding Venue/Location: Yacht Club in Cape Coral, FL

Colour(s): Light blue (like Cinderella blue), silver, and white

How are you personalizing your wedding? We are going to have sky lanterns, those Chinese lantern things that fly. Each couple or guest will have a lantern and write a message or wish on it, then everyone will release them at once.

Proposal story: Well, it's not the greatest story....But we were at my Dad's house in NY visiting. On a Thursday, FI's best friend called to say that he was breaking up with his gf, who he had been with for almost 2 years. On Saturday, FI gets a text with a picture of an engagement ring, and his best friend was going to propose to the girl he had just broken up with the next day. Sunday, during our family's Christmas party, we got a call to let us know that she had said yes. I was really upset, because FI and I had been together for over 4 years and he didn't seem to be interested in marriage (his first one ended badly). So I locked myself in my bedroom for a little while. FI and I talked for a bit, and then my stepmom came in to make me feel better. Later that night FI and I went in the hot tub and as we were sitting there, he asked me to marry him. He didn't have a ring, but when we got back home to FL we went and picked one out together.

What do you and FI do for a living: I am graduation college in a week with an Elementary Education degree and hope to find a job teaching. FI is a customer service and IT director for a company that helps build websites.
  • Name/FI name Lucy and James

Age/FI age 22/25

When did you start dating It will be 5 years in August!

When did you get engaged He proposed on Christmas morning of 2011.

Wedding date June 15th 2013

Interesting fact We are one of those couples that are obsessed with our pets haha.  FI hated cats when we met but you wouldn't know it now.  We have two cats, Sylar and Willow.  This is a pretty accurate representation of how FI is with our kitties now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQGwVuM4LI

Wedding Venue/Location  Quontquont Farm in Whately MA

Color(s) Dark purple with green, pink and white accents.

How are you personalizing your wedding?  Since the majority of our relationship has been spent living in the town we went to college in we want to incorporate our favorite things about the area.
    FI does freelance graphics and web design so he wants to design our invitations.  He is also very excited about our wedding website! He started working on it almost immediatly. 

Wedding website/blog/bio Its in the works at the moment but I will update it soon.

Proposal story  This was our 5th Christmas together.  We have sort of a tradition where we go to Midnight Mass with his family, then open secret santa presents with them and FI drives me to my parent's house afterwards.  By the time we get there it is 4 or 5 in the morning and we open our presents from each other.  Its always very romantic- just the two of us while the rest of my family is asleep.
    He gave me a few smaller gifts and then the last thing I opened was a photo calendar of us that he had made.  Each month had a little poem about the things that we had done over the years during that month. When he got to December he told me to look at Christmas Day, but he pretended to get a paper cut and dropped the calendar. He got down to pick it up-- and stayed on one knee when he handed it to me!!  On Christmas Day it said "I proposed to you one year ago today!"  It was very sweet!! 
    We have the whole thing on video.  FI takes photos and videos of everything so I didn't think it was strange for him to be setting up the tripod and video camera to record us opening presents.

What do you and FI do for a living I am in my senior year of college as a biology major.  He is a Computer Engineer for the University I attend. He is designing an indoor navigation system for the visually impaired.  I work part time as receptionist but I also assist him with the organizational aspects of his project.

Nice to "meet" everyone!
    June 2013- Engagement Rings!!
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Name/FI name: Lisa & Jamie
    Age/FI age: 33/39
    When did you start dating: 7 years ago
    When did you get engaged: 2/24/12
    Wedding date: 6/1/13
    Wedding Venue/Location: Longfellows-Saratoga Springs
    Colour(s) : Thinking shades of purple or fuschia/orange/yellow
  • Name/FI name: Starla Adam Age/FI age: We're both 30 When did you start dating: July 30th, 2009 When did you get engaged: 10/01/2011 Wedding date: 06/07/2013 Interesting fact: We got engaged at Disneyland! Wedding Venue/Location: Redhook Brewery Woodinville, WA Colours: Black, pink, silver How are you personalizing your wedding? By including subtle Disney elements and his love of fishing Wedding website/blog/bio: http://uw.theknot.com/view/8281550557085673/928534 Proposal story: We were at Disneyland watching the fireworks and when he heard "When You Wish Upon A Star" he took the ring out of his pocket and asked me to be his wife! What do you and FI do for a living: I manage an independent pet store and he's a maintenance man.
  • edited January 2013
    Name/FI name: Amanda & Dave Age/FI age: 26 When did you start dating: May 2006 When did you get engaged: April 24, 2010 Wedding date: 6.22.13 Interesting fact: Wedding Venue/Location: Westminster College Chapel, Hickory VFW Colour(s): fuchsia and silver How are you personalizing your wedding? Doing centerpeices on my own, my sorority kid isdesigning our Save the dates Wedding website/blog/bio-- on here Proposal story: I went to visit him for the weekend. We went out for lunch and brought it back to his apartment. After eating, he offered me chocolate. I couldn't get the box open, so I threw it across the table at him. He opened it, handed it back to me and I took a piece without really noticing the box inside the box. I did a double take, and he was down on one knee asking me to marry him. What do you and FI do for a living (optional): FI is finishing is MS in O Chem, and I am a substitute teacher looking for a full time position.
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    Name/FI name Anastassiia and Derek
    Age/FI age 25/32 (will be 26/33 whe we get married)

When did you start dating March 24, 2008)

When did you get engaged November 11, 2001 (11-11-11 - I'm convinced that Derek chose the date so he can easily remember it, but he won't admit to it)

Wedding date  June 9th, 2013

Interesting fact We have a daughter together who just turned 3 on March 12th (her birthday is two weeks before FI's)

Wedding Venue/Location  Both ceremony and reception will be in Brookstone Park, Derry, NH

Color(s) Green, purple and white

How are you personalizing your wedding? Our daughter, Gabie, is a big part of our wedding, she will be our flower girl and she will also be in some of our engagement pictures. We chose green for one of our colors because Derek is part Irish, and purple as the other color since it's Gabie's favourite right now (hoping it's still her faviourite in a year)!
    Wedding website/blog Still a work in progress

Proposal story  Derek and I have been talking about getting married ever since I got pregnant more then 3 years ago. But we wanted to wait for a while so that Gabie could be older and could enjoy our wedding as much as we will. So this past November the three of us were just hanging out at home, playing together on the couch, when Derek went upstairs to our bedroom to grab something. He came down in a minute and pulled out a box with my engagement ring out of his pocket. It was very special for me that our daughter was there, although she probably doesn't even remember it now! :)
    What do you and FI do for a living I work as a Program Coordinator for our Emergency Management program at Tufts University. Basicly I help to make sure that all our students are safe. :) FI is going to school full time, he's graduating next spring just before our wedding, and he works as a bus driver for the MBTA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI name-Stephanie & Josh
    Age/FI age 25 & 26
    When did you start dating March of 2011
    When did you get engaged November 2012
    Wedding date June 8th
    Interesting fact- We are complete oppisites
    Wedding Venue/Location Church I grew up in
    Colour(s) -pink and Mint green
    How are you personalizing your wedding? It will be in the afternoon and we aren't having music. The reception will be held in the church's court yard.
    Proposal story- I knew he had bought the ring because he asked me to marry him before he got it. He came to my house and I said can I see it and then I put it on and we went inside and told my familiy.
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional)We both work for his family's business but I am going to school to be a medical assistant.
  • Name/FI Name: Courtney and Taylor
    When did you start dating: May 2009
    When did you get engaged? March 2012
    Wedding Date: June 1st
    Interesting fact: We have been in a long distance relationship since August 2009 and won't live in the same state again until we get married
    Wedding Venue: Goeglein garden grove and homestead for reception in Fort Wayne, IN
    Color: Yellow and navy
    How are you personalizing your wedding? A lot of things will be DIY, but still trying to think of other things to do
    Proposal story: I was visitng him for spring break and we were watching a movie and he just whips out the ring and asks me.
    What do you and FI do for a living? He is currently active duty in the Air Force and I am heading into my senior year of nursing school!
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI name: Julia & Cory
    Age/FI age: 27 & 23
    When did you start dating: 2008
    When did you get engaged: January 13, 2012
    Wedding date: June 13, 2013
    Interesting fact:  We met through his sister who is my best friend from college
    Wedding Venue/Location: Wedding in Shadyside Ohio, and REception at Oglebay Resort West Virginia
    Colour(s): Black and White
    How are you personalizing your wedding? The table markers are going to be pictures of us at the age of the table number
    Wedding website/blog/bio:http://CoryJulia.ourwedding.com
    Proposal story: We were going to Chicago to visit my family and we stoped in Indianapolis for the night, I went to get my bags from the car and I came back to the room and he had a bow wrapped around our dogs neck with a box hanging from it!!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional) I am a teacher and he in Management
  • In Response to June 2013 Role Call:

Name/FI name: Sarah and Luke
    Age/FI age: 25/ 27
    When did you start dating: December 31st 2009
    When did you get engaged: April 14th, 2012
    Wedding date: June 7th, 2013

Wedding Venue/Location: Coronado Ca
    Colour(s) I thinking purple and light blue

• Name/FI name: Heather/JeffAge/FI age: 23/28 (will be 24/29, our birthdays are only 2 days apart)
    When did you start dating: April 23, 2009
    When did you get engaged: April 6, 2012
    Wedding date: June 22, 2013
    Interesting fact: Jeff and I the first time we hung out were to babysit his infant twin nieces, it obviously went well:)
    Wedding Venue/Location: My parents house/yard in Minnesota. 
    Colour(s): Hopefully pink and orange, pending FI approval
    How are you personalizing your wedding?: Alot of DIY and having it at my parents house.Wedding website/blog/bio: Haven't done one yet
    Proposal story: We were initially going to go inline skating/biking but decided on a walk after 30 mph wind gusts, with our chocolate lab.  We happen to get on the subject of life, and the next thing i know he was down on one knee.  I was shocked at first and actually tried to pull him up.  He did his think and took out the ring.  I said yes!  It took the rest of the walk and for me to call my mom to actually sink in.  
    Name/FI nameWhat do you and FI do for a living (optional): We both work for an ambulance service as paramedics.  
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Cake
  • Name/FI name: Sarah and Nathan

Age/FI age: Both 22

When did you start dating: November 3, 2006

When did you get engaged: July 15, 2011

Wedding date: June 1, 2013

Interesting fact: When we get married, we will have been together 6 1/2 years, five of which were spend at colleges in different cities. Also, my dress will be shipped on the same exact day we got engaged, one year later!

Wedding Venue/Location: Leawood, KS- Cure of Ars Catholic Church where my mom, 4 of her siblings, my sister and I all went to gradeschool. Reception- The Lodge at Ironwoods.

Colour(s) : Light turquoise and yellow

How are you personalizing your wedding? Lots of pictures, we want the reception to tell our already long story and celebrate our wait!

Proposal story: It was a week after I'd gotten back from a 1 1/2 month volunteer trip to Peru. We'd had limited communication, so he'd had time to ask my dad. We went to see one of the bands we've loved since high school in Oklahoma City. Everything went wrong on the way down (108 degrees without AC in the car), but the night was perfect. We were in the very front of the crown, and the very last song was our song since we were 17, and in the middle of it he spun me around, got down on his knee and asked me to marry him =)

What do you and FI do for a living: I will start student teaching for Elementary Education/Middle School Math in the fall, he will start his Master's of Accountancy.

• Name/FI name: Elizabeth/John
    Age/FI age: 27/27
    January 21, 2005
    December 6, 2011
    Wedding date:
    June 8, 2013
    Interesting fact:
    John was actually my freshman roommate's boyfriend.  Nothing shady happened! They broke up many months before we started going out. 
    Wedding Venue/Location:
    Grand Haven, Michigan (Ceremony--St. John's Episcopal Church; Reception--Mackinaw Ballroom at GHCC)
    Colour(s):
    Sapphire blue and pale yellow
    How are you personalizing your wedding?:
    That is still up in the air! We have the basics nailed down so this what we are working on.  
    Wedding website/blog/bio: N/A
    Proposal story:
    John and I took a vacation in Las Vegas and he flew in my favorite singer-songwriter (David Berkeley) to surprise me.  He was playing "our song" as we turned the bend on that cheesy gondola ride at the Venetian.  John got down on one knee and proposed! Perfect mix of us and the cheese that is Vegas :)
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I am an archivist and John is a programmer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI name Megan and Charlie Age/FI age 22 and he's 20 When did you start dating June 25, 2010 When did you get engaged February 14, 2011 Wedding date June 29,2013 Interesting fact We both hate sports Wedding Venue/Location Kahler Hall in Columbia, MD Colours  Black, white and silver. With a tiny touch of yellow How are you personalizing your wedding? by not sticking to traditions and theme like the usual. Wedding website/blog/bio don't have one Proposal story came home from work on valentines day and walked in the bedroom and he was down on one knee asking me to marry him with our song playing while being all dressed up 3 What do you and FI do for a living optional I'm working in data entry and he does maintenance for an apartment complex
  • edited January 2013
    Name/FI Name: Kristina/Ted

Age/FI age: 26/27

When did you start dating: November 6, 2008

When did you get engaged: February 18, 2012

Wedding date: June 21, 2013

Interesting fact: My FI proposed the day after our dog's 1st birthday, although he later told me his intention was to wait until leap day

Wedding Venue/Location: Lincolnshire Marriot Resort in Lincolnshire, IL

Colour(s): navy, charcoal grey and yellow

How are you personalizing your wedding? It's going to be hard! We actually live in Texas, but are originally from Chicago and all of our family is still there. I do not advise planning a wedding from a thousand miles away!
    Wedding website/blog/bio: kristinated.ourwedding.com

Proposal story: I knew that he had bought the ring, but I didn't know when I would get it or what it looked like. For weeks before he actually proposed, he kept getting down on one knee and pretend like he was starting to propose. So when he acually did, I thought it was a joke!
    What do you and FI do for a living: I work as an accountant for a hazardous waste company, and my FI is a high school physics teacher.

• Name/FI name Ariel/ Daryl
    Age/FI age 20/24(will be 21/25 at wedding)
    When did you start dating Oct 24, 2010
    When did you get engaged Oct 24, 2011
    Wedding date June 8, 2013
    Interesting fact We knew each other as children but I moved away and it took us about 3 months into dating to figure out that we were childhood playmates!
    Wedding Venue/Location My family's church in Knoxville
    Colour(s)  Black, hot pink, white
    How are you personalizing your wedding? I'm doing tons of DIY projects with our initials, pictures, very southern. We are also including traditions from both of our sorority and fraternity. 
    Wedding website/blog/bio darylandariel.ourwedding.com
    Proposal story    We went out to eat for our anniversary and afterwards he took me to the spot where we first starting dating and had all of our serious life talks. He read me a sweet letter about our relationship and year together and got down on one knee and I of course said yes!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional)    I'm a full time nursing student and also working part-time about three different jobs and he is a civil engineer in Nashville.
  • Name/FI name:  Amber & Keith
    Age/FI age:  24 & 23

When did you start dating:  March 14, 2010

When did you get engaged:  March 9, 2012

Wedding date:  June 22, 2012

Interesting fact: We met at the bar.  I attempted to dance with him while he sat on a bar stool drinking his beer, and he wasnt having it.  So I sat down beside him and started a conversation.  I was a bit drunk, so I wrote his name down in a note in my phone.  The following day I looked him up on myspace and things went from there...

Wedding Venue/Location:  Unknown!

Colour(s) :  Mossy Oak & Bright Orange

How are you personalizing your wedding?  Alot of DIY things are going to be happening for our wedding.  I'm a very crafty person and am very excited for this projcet.  Also I not going to be wearing a traditional white wedding dress, I'm wearing a Mossy Oak wedding dress.

Proposal story:  We went away for our 2 year anniversary weekend.  When we arrived to the hotel, he came out of the bathroom and had a huge smile on his face.  He got down on one knee and procedded to ask me to marry him.  Of course I said YES!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional):  I am a home health aide and FI works at a steel mill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards