Texas-Houston
Options

Still Looking for Venue - I think I have exhausted all options!

2»

Re: Still Looking for Venue - I think I have exhausted all options!

• Options
    Also I am getting my bridals done here but they also do events and you are allowed to move all the furniture! Its worth a call http://www.vrbo.com/317478
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    OP, I see. And isn't long distance planning fun? ;) I'm originally from TX but we've settled out in DC. 

monkeysip: I forgot to mention that I also got a cocktail hour in that, which makes it an even better deal!
  • Options
    Agave Road and Houston Racquet Club were above our price range.  

Houston Mansion is no longer booking weddings.  This place is absolutely beautiful but I checked last week and she said it was no longer available.  I also read an article a few weeks back that Beyonce was considering purchasing it.  Not sure if this is true or not or if it was whether it ever happened.

Oh - I'm not in DC.  I'm from DC/MD, but living in Houston for last 7 years.  Luckily, I'm not planning from a distance, but I am stressed nonetheless.

I attempted to negotiate the contract with my chosen venue, but those talks didn't go so well, so back at square one.  I could go with The Gallery on a less than preferred date, but at this point I'm so drained and exhausted, I'm thinking about just doing a destination wedding.  I'm really tired of trying to considir everyone else and sacrificing my own wants in the process....now looking at US destination venues....
  • Options
    Try to the Courtyard on St. James, I know they can accommodate the number of guests, its traditional and has the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception, and its super close to the Galleria. The only hiccup I see is the cost, I am not sure but I think it can be pricey.
  • Options
    Courtyard on St. James is closing at the end of the year and not doing and more events after mid-December I believe :-(
  • Options
    I just got married at The Heights Villa and loved it. You can pay a fee to bring in an outside caterer which would get your overall food budget down. We went with their preferred caterer, Cafe Natalie, and could not have been more pleased. They were great. I have heard of others who brought in a caterer with less expensive food options - Mexican, BBQ, Italian (pasta).
  • Options
    AndreaJ200AndreaJ200 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    Still searching....considering giving up on Houston and looking elsewhere...maybe Galveston....
  • Options
    Hey AndreaJ - what was the cost of Mansion by the Sea? We're considering it but haven't gotten an estimate yet. 
  • Options
    AndreaJ200AndreaJ200 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2014
    When we looked there, it was $4900 for up to 100 guests, $5900 for up to 200 guests, and $6900 for up to 300 guests.  You can add on bride and grooms dressing rooms (they resemble hotel/B&B rooms) for $200 additional. Not sure if prices have changed since then. 
  • Options
    Jolli514Jolli514 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013

I live in the Galleria area. but got married in Conroe, TX at Madera Estates. The venue was WONDERFUL. My wedding was everything I could have hoped for. I know it's a bit further than the net you're casting, but it was worth it. They are partnered with a nearby hotel that gave us a special, very affordable rate for our block. All the vendors we used and worked with were willing to accomodate me coming in from out of town after work hours for tastings/meetings. The coordinator at the venue was more than happy to help me out with the planning process from out of town and always got back to me quickly. The area isn't incredibly expensive so my out of town guests weren't put out. This venue caters to their booked brides and gave me lots of leeway for pretty much everything I asked. They allowed me to take my bridals and boudoir photos there at no extra charge. They also had an excellent backup plan for an indoor ceremony in case of rain. Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception. Check it out! www.mymaderaestates.com

Also, I visited a lot of venues. I knew as soon as I stepped into this one that it was "the one". I never regretted it.

• Options
    The Petroleum Club of Houston? I wanted to get married there. It has the feeling of what I always dreamed to have for my wedding. Just didn't suit the fiance to well.
  • Options
    Petroleum club has a 20k minimum on Sundays.
  • Options
    Walter Hall in league city... the spring hill suites is really nice
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards