Snarky Brides
Options

Congrats...Your Website is the Worst.

I was browsing FB and noticed an old acquaintance posted a status that her wedding website was up. This is bad enough because although I don't mind a few wedding-related FB statuses here or there, it's kind of crabbed to link to your wedding website. Out of curiosity, I checked it out and was appalled. It was the ugliest, most poorly organized, laziest put together wedding website I've ever seen! Half of it has no content, but rather than delete those pages, she left the draft copy in, i.e., "Tell your guests about yourself here." 

Please, don't make a wedding website public until you finish it. 

What's the worst wedding website you've seen? 

Re: Congrats...Your Website is the Worst.

• Options
    kss20 said:

I looked at one for a girl I worked with and under "Guest Information" it states that if you want to bring someone not on the invitation you have to pay her $35.

WHAT??!!!?

^Exactly.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This reminds me of....

The worst ones I see are ones with WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION. It's just kind of AW. If I go on your wedding website, it's not to spend time browsing around. It's to figure out where to go, when to be there if I forgot, where you have hotel blocks and where you're registered. 

I do not need a bio on all 12 people in your WP.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'm afraid of my website being terrible. Not Comic Sans in pink terrible, but like, forgot to add this important information terrible or just too cold. 

Did anyone put up stuff about how they met or the proposal? I find it super awkward to write about myself, and it just seems so show-offy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    I'm afraid of my website being terrible. Not Comic Sans in pink terrible, but like, forgot to add this important information terrible or just too cold. 

Did anyone put up stuff about how they met or the proposal? I find it super awkward to write about myself, and it just seems so show-offy.
    We did. Our relationship moved pretty quickly, so I hadn't met the majority of his extended family and vice versa. We thought it was a nice touch for people to "get to know us" without having to ask the awkward questions "So how did you two meet?", etc.
  • Options
    laylasauruslaylasaurus member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2013
    This girl I went to college with.  She posted it in a facebook status for all the world to see, including everyone not invited (like me).  Another friend suggested I look at it if I wanted a good laugh.  It started off with a 3 minute slideshow intro (which I couldn't figure out how to skip, if it was possible) of the absolutely cheesiest engagement photos I have ever seen.  The lay out was really nice and looked like it was probably done by a professional, but it was full of sooo much ridiculous information.  They had bios for themselves, not just about how they met and the proposal but also about their "recent career successes" and life-goals as a couple.  It was a super brag-fest. They also had bios for the entire wedding party, but for one GM they said "Grooms best friend growing up..etc..currently unemployed- we wish him the best in finding work!" WTF.
    The icing was a heading that said "Can't make it to our special day or not invited but still want to congratulate the blissful couple?" followed by links to their registries and their mailing address.  

ETA:  We also looked at their registry- there was nothing under $85 on it.  They included things like a large flat-screen tv, a wii, and designer shoes

• Options
    chibiyui said:

The only thing I put anywhere on our site about us was "if you don't know enough about is, you're probably not invited and this website is not for you."
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I included short bio on each of us as well as a very short section on the proposal. I only did this because FI had never met most of my extended family and vice versa. I knew that my relatives, at the least, would want to know more about him from my perspective (and not just my mom's...).
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

I'm planning to put stuff about how we me and the proposal, but it certainly won't be a novel. Just a paragraph for each :) I think it's nice to include that stuff. 
  • Options
    This girl I went to college with.  She posted it in a facebook status for all the world to see, including everyone not invited (like me).  Another friend suggested I look at it if I wanted a good laugh.  It started off with a 3 minute slideshow intro (which I couldn't figure out how to skip, if it was possible) of the absolutely cheesiest engagement photos I have ever seen.  The lay out was really nice and looked like it was probably done by a professional, but it was full of sooo much ridiculous information.  They had bios for themselves, not just about how they met and the proposal but also about their "recent career successes" and life-goals as a couple.  It was a super brag-fest. They also had bios for the entire wedding party, but for one GM they said "Grooms best friend growing up..etc..currently unemployed- we wish him the best in finding work!" WTF.
    The icing was a heading that said "Can't make it to our special day or not invited but still want to congratulate the blissful couple?" followed by links to their registries and their mailing address.  

ETA:  We also looked at their registry- there was nothing under $85 on it.  They included things like a large flat-screen tv, a wii, and designer shoes

• Options

Woof. How embarrassing for them. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    My friend had a super AW website. It was filled with cheesy engagement photos and she wrote (in the 3rd person) that she's the most caring and empathetic person on the planet. Yeah.

Then each section had their 2 different versions of how they met, the engagement, blah blah blah. I didn't read the engagement part because I was already nauceous, but I read about how they met:

It was at a bar (cool, no prob, I was actually there when they met). They explained that he was not looking for love. Yeah, that's because he had been with his girlfriend for 5 years when they met. He dated both of them for a month before she tracked down his fbook page and found out. So he quickly dumped his girlfriend and went with my friend. She forgave him a few days later.

Funny, they didn't include that part on their wedding website (why not just fucking not put the story?!).

What's funny is that my Ex currently has this evidenced on his wedding website.

It says, started dating the other woman in June 2010. He didn't dump me until August 2010 (after I had found out that he was a little too close to this "coworker" of his).

Classy.

• Options

It blows my mind when people register for stuff like this.

A friend of mine had an 8 paragraph story about how they met. The worst part was that is had terrible grammar mistakes throughout.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    delujm0delujm0 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2013

My website basically says the following:

how we met: college

proposal story: FI proposed to delujm0 on Christmas Eve.

That's all anyone needs to know.  I did do short bios for the extreme extended family people who hadn't met one or the other of us.  my crowning achievement is the guest information page, which is super decked out with maps, etc.  but i think that's the most impotant page - the website is supposed to be for the benefit of the guests.  it's not an autobiography.

• Options
    A wedding I am in has a website listing what is appropriate clothing for the guests, right down to the type of shoes for women and men, a statement about what the weather MAY be like, even though everyone invited lives in the area and is familiar with the weather around that time of year, a warning that there will only be reserved seating for those who need it (I'd love to know how they determined who needs a chair!) AND a full paragraph under the registry info about how they would prefer gift cards and other financial contributions to places that have registries, but they aren't registered at. 

The website my FI are putting together just has our basic info for our extended families who haven't met one of us, and clear directions to the venue because it can really be a pain to find. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of my college friends has the most ridiculous wedding website ever. Loud music plays when you go to it (Train "Marry Me" - literally blaring), and a slideshow of pictures of them immediately starts. It has four paragraphs on EACH member of their bridal party (NINE bridesmaids and groomsmen) with multiple pictures of each plus a long explanation of why they needed so many. There is a page all about their engagement with a photo slideshow and ten minute video. There is a page dedicated to them as children, a page dedicated to them as teens, and then excessive information about the wedding including dress suggestions and all the possibilities for the weather.
  • Options
    itzMS said:
    chibiyui said:

We did. Our relationship moved pretty quickly, so I hadn't met the majority of his extended family and vice versa. We thought it was a nice touch for people to "get to know us" without having to ask the awkward questions "So how did you two meet?", etc.
    Same here.  Just basic details, though, about who we are, how we met, and how we got engaged.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm probably going to start on our wedding website in a few weeks, so this has been an interesting read! I like the background info as long as it's kept short, and especially if there's some humor in it (if that fits the couple).

The worst one I've seen is a couple who had a very improper start to their relationship--they were hooking up and even pretty seriously dating on-and-off for YEARS while he was still LIVING with a girlfriend. Obviously you don't want to put all that in your wedding website, but at least they could have mentioned that they knew each other for a while before they "made it official" or something along those line. Instead it really reads like they met and immediately fell in love while bonding over going to concerts or something. He was living with his girlfriend when they were going to those concerts! 
  • Options
    omg some of these are really funny and horrifying.  I haven't really seen too many wedding websites so I don't really have a bad one to share.  But I am still working on the one for me and my FI.  I'm sort of lacking in pictures.  And I will be sure to keep things short and sweet about the personal info.  Like some of you, he hasn't met the majority of my extended family, so it will be nice for them to read the info.  Oh and I will be sure not to post a link to our website on FB (not that I planned to before, but now I feel assured that it is indeed tacky).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

The only thing I put anywhere on our site about us was "if you don't know enough about is, you're probably not invited and this website is not for you."
    HA HA HA!!!! My favorite thing said EVER!!!!
  • Options
    Nothing on us, nothing on proposal. Just a blurb about each of the flower girls (my two nieces and FI's cousin) done mostly for the girls to see and get excited about. Other than the info on location, room blocks, and map, I did go into detail about crap to do in my town (everyone is basically coming from out of the state, thought it polite to give a few guides, esp as this town is ridiculous in its lack of tourism promotion), and listed some good local restaurants and how close the nearest Publix was to the hotel.
  • Options
    Nothing on us, nothing on proposal. Just a blurb about each of the flower girls (my two nieces and FI's cousin) done mostly for the girls to see and get excited about. Other than the info on location, room blocks, and map, I did go into detail about crap to do in my town (everyone is basically coming from out of the state, thought it polite to give a few guides, esp as this town is ridiculous in its lack of tourism promotion), and listed some good local restaurants and how close the nearest Publix was to the hotel.
    Oh gees, how I miss Publix.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

We just did ours in the third person for bios/stories.
  • Options
    I'm supposed to have a wedding website?!
  • Options
    I totally want to skip the website. 
  • Options

I totally want to skip the website. 
    I would have skipped it except we got married during a HUGE city-wide event with TONS of road closures. The web site was the only way I could get guests directed to the info they might need. It was 75% addresses and travel info. Another 20% was how the day would go and that we would be watching the fireworks from inside our air conditioned venue - people were pretty confused about the fireworks :-p We did have a few pics and a paragraph about how he proposed.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

Sometimes people register for things like this so that they can get the completion discount after the wedding.  And maybe there was nothing under 85 that they needed-so why register for them?
    I wouldn't be so quick to judge... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards