Snarky Brides
Options

Tell me things.

Re: Tell me things.

• Options
    Hey, guess what?  My PTO wasn't paid out on my last paycheck from my old job, and when I emailed the bookkeeper about it (same person that screwed up my insurance and my Christmas holiday pay), she said she didn't know it was my last check, and she'd pay it out on the next pay day.  Which is today.  Guess who didn't get their PTO paid out again this week?

Someone talk me down from sending a scathing email to my former boss, because this is so far beyond ridiculous.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Your former boss is a real peach. I don't have any real advice though but she's a shithead!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:2ef7c140-4445-416b-b2e8-10b37157fa5c">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking at Buffalo, NY Nashville TN Maybe U of M nd Somewhere in La.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

It would be cooler if you were looking here.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Well she sure is.  But even so, I'd want to know if one my employees was that horrible at their job.  Because she'll probably never know unless I email her.

• Options
    Ohhai.  I'm sitting in class, regretting showing up.  I'm not paying attention at all.

Sushi for dinner tonight, I'm excited!

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:a681c2d7-482f-40fb-9de9-5c0d63240fd3">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]J- I'd bug HR about it. If they tell you you're check won't be cut now until the next payday argue with them  They should be able to issue back pay at any time.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Sorry.

HR, what's that?  We don't have HR.  The entire company has less than 20 employees.  The bookeeper handled all that sort of stuff.  And she's the one that keeps screwing it up.

• Options
    HEY JES! YOU'RE PURTY!

Reading: Walk the Red Road, by this wonderful writer!

Dinner is a Tilapia recipe from Pinterest.

Tomorrow is pedi's and paint samples. And sleeping in!

Koda- H would be so jealous of your weekend! Silver Oak is one of his faves.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:8c3ece49-c460-4201-8e1b-f9a85e199c47">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Sorry. HR, what's that?  We don't have HR.  The entire company has less than 20 employees.  The bookeeper handled all that sort of stuff.  And she's the one that keeps screwing it up.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    Can you email her and CC the boss so that the boss knows without you having to send something angry to her?

• Options
    Hello all! I'm just watching Friends and sitting around. 

J&K, I'd be pissed too.  Legally they owe you that money, so don't back down! I wouldn't be pissy, because they'll just want to hold off even more.  I'd just pretend you are being patient as hell and be nice to them.
  • Options
    Who is the bookkeeper's boss? Can you talk to him/her about it?

I wish I had awesome plans for this weekend. On the other hand, we've had plans for the last few weekends, and it will be nice to just relax and catch up on some reading.  My goal is to finish Game of Thrones tonight and read 2 of the YA books my students want me to read.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:c9c8cfe8-696d-4898-a68e-5b9166ec0dcc">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : Can you email her and CC the boss so that the boss knows without you having to send something angry to her?
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

I was going to do that, and I managed to email her asking about it and forget to add the boss.  Because i'm brilliant.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:454d2c35-71a0-4bab-83cb-e76405d3695a">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : It would be cooler if you were looking here.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I am open to other options give me some school names and I'll research
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:e59a2d33-1806-42ac-b025-eafeaa990bd1">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : I am open to other options give me some school names and I'll research

We have so many schools and hospitals here its ridiculous.  Bonus of a big city.  We have some of the most advanced hospitals in the country.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Blue FB me some schools in your area. I have to go to work now but really, I am open to anywhere at this point except Alaska. lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:4f6a2cba-c284-4f66-b4e5-465ca4bfa92f">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue FB me some schools in your area. I have to go to work now but really, I am open to anywhere at this point except Alaska. lol

I found some.  Ill send them to your fb.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Adam and I got food - I got a pita and they have just started doing burgers so he got a peppercorn burger (omfg the bite I had was amazing). We are watching friends and hangingout.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:bcb1daae-9be7-440a-9a53-3f8a666257c5">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : I was going to do that, and I managed to email her asking about it and forget to add the boss.  Because i'm brilliant.
    I would totally re-send the email, add the boss, and just add a note at the beginning that it got bounced back to you, so you wanted to re-send it to make sure that it went through.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:60041321-da26-488e-9f05-e646b0c7f812">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : I would totally re-send the email, add the boss, and just add a note at the beginning that it got bounced back to you, so you wanted to re-send it to make sure that it went through.
    Posted by Smash Adams[/QUOTE]

Brilliant.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f00edc94-b772-49cd-87af-047b4d3bfbfcPost:97624e32-bef6-4867-bd73-082003797d26">Re: Tell me things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me things. : Brilliant.
    This is my daily life.

• Options
    Being brilliant?  I believe it ;)

• Options
    Ha.  Or just finding sneaky ways to cover my asss when I do things wrong :)

• Options
    That's being brilliant, IMO.

• Options
    Well then, I'll take that compliment!

• Options
    You're beautiful, J. I mean that.

I'm currently reading Sleepers by Lorenzo Carcaterra. It's excellent, one of the best books I've read in a while. I'm about 60p close to the end, and have Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch and My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler on deck.

We got our tax return 4 days early, so I'm not sure what we'll be doing this weekend. I know H wants to use a portion of his refund for more tattoos, so we'll see!
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Aw Embarassed Thanks Megh!

What is Sleepers about?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I have a brutal headache. It started at lunch, got so bad I threw up during my last period class, and I've been battlong it ever since. I can tell it's finally on the downward curve, but jeez. I just finished Under the Never Sky last weekend and enjoyed it, then I reread the HG series. I'm now reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox and it's good. I really don't know how it will end. And zomg J is pretty.
  • Options
    We just started Hannah, we had veggie hot dogs for dinner (yum!).

J is pretty.

I've done 4 loads of laundry so far today and I hate it all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sleepers is about a group of 4 13 year-old boys growing up in Hell's Kitchen in the mid01960s. They love to play pranks on the neighbors, and wind up crushing a businessman with a hot dog cart. They get sent away to a boy's home, where they're tortured horribly by the guards (beatings, sexual and verbal abuse). They do their time, get out, and 2 of them grow up to be gangsters, one grows up to be a lawyer and the other is a writer. The 2 gangsters wind up in the same restaurant as the lead guard that abused them, they shoot him dead, and the case goes to trial. Their friend that grew up to be a lawyer takes the case as a prosecuting attorney against them, but he doesn't take the case to win and send them to jail, he takes it to lose. It's basically cut into three parts, before being sent to the boys home, during, and then the trial. It's really good. It was made into a movie in 1996 with Brad Pitt playing the lawyer friend (Brad Renfro portrayed the young version), Billy Crudup as one of the gangster friends, and Jason Patric as the writer/lead character. Robert De Niro plays their priest and Minnie Driver plays their childhood friend who helps out on the trial.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Sleepers sounds like a really good read. I might have to check that out. 
  • Options
    I remember the movie vaguely, Mehg. The book is really good?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards