Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception...How Long?

How long should I plan on my reception lasting?  Our ceremony is at 2:00 in the afternoon, so we're only serving finger foods, and there will be no alcohol or dancing.  Basically it'll just be eating and mingling with others. 

Re: Reception...How Long?

• Options
    Maybe 3 hours max. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options

At most weddings I've been to with dancing and drinks, the cocktail hour was an hour and the reception was an additional four hours, but given the lack of dancing, I agree with Tiffanie that a 3 hour reception seems more likely.

imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    If you're not really serving a meal and there is no dancing, I would plan to wrap it up by dinner time (6 at the latest). To go any later, I think you need to serve an actual meal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    It needs to be over by 5, so people can get ready for dinner.
  • Options
    I've been to a few afternoon weddings with no drinks or dancing.  They were all in the 2-3 hour range.  
  • Options
    Ok, thanks ladies!  I was thinking no more than 3 hours, but I wasn't sure.
  • Options
    I think out reception is 4 or 5 hours.  It is a package deal and includes a 3 course meal, open bar, and the cake coordinated from a local pastry shop. All in all its a pretty good deal, sometimes places tell you how long they do their receptions for
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards