Canada-Alberta
Options

Calgary Vendor Recommendations

Hi,Just got married a couple of weeks ago and wanted to post some of my reviews on this site to help other brides out!
Flowers were from Thalea's - Excellent! Flowers included large white callas, large and mini cymbidiums, dendrobium orchids, vendela roses and all of them lasted throughout the whole day with no browning at all. I'm very happy with the price for what we got and they made such a huge impact in beautifying our wedding :)

Photographer - GW Photography --> Efficient photographer, and almost like a ninja! I hardly noticed that he was in the background taking all these shots which I liked because then I wasn't so distracted by the camera being too in-my-face. I could just naturally enjoy the wedding!! We haven't seen the photos yet but gauging from our engagement photos I believe they will be fantastic... ! Our guests also had some wonderful comments about his personality too specifically during formals :) 

Wedding Cake - Bliss Cupcakes --> We had a 6" round top cake and a bunch of mini cupcakes surrounding it on the cupcake tower. The cupcakes were delicious! We had a bit of issue cutting the cake and we are not sure why so I won't comment too much on that.... we simply didn't end up eating that cake and used the cupcakes instead for feeding-each-other pictures. All our guests brought leftover cupcakes home (we kind of overbudgeted on this but at least every last cupcake was lovingly taken away!)

Silver Springs Golf and Country Club - We had both our ceremony and the banquet there. Overall they were pretty good to deal with, just that on some occasions there were some miscommunications between different managers at the venue in terms of which rooms would be booked for us, and also photography locations (we had received a few contradicting responses from different managers which caught us by surprise on the day of). But some good points about the venue are that the food and service is EXCELLENT (best mushroom risotto ever and excellent prime rib compared to any hotel venues), the price of alcohol is really decent, and the venue itself is beautiful with nice golf scenery all around.
Wedding Dress - Sonia's Bridal --> Very friendly and accommodating! Prices for alterations were decent. Also, when Sonia saw that my (supercheap Ebay) veil was too white for my dress, she didn't try to push me to buy one of their higher priced ivory veils; instead, she suggested a cheap way for me to get my veil to the right color. Also, my last requested alterations were one week before my wedding, which was just two days before she would be on leave for personal reasons but she still finished the alterations within those two days. Highly recommend this store for their great service.
Makeup - Our makeup artist was so awesum and efficiently did 6 girls on the morning of our wedding! Plus she also freshened us up before the ceremony (after a few hours of photos outside). I'm not an expert with makeup myself and requested a natural but 'enhanced' look which she did really well; a light version for my engagement photos and just a bit more accented and fake lashes on my wedding day. All the girls looked wonderful and were very happy with their makeup as well. Highly recommend! Her website is: joellechan.com.
Hair - I found Angie Holmes on Kijiji and decided on her because her prices were great, and also beacuse the trial was FREE!! Also, she will travel to your place of preparation so that was really convenient and efficient for us. The girls finished up 6 updos within a couple of hours, fantastic work! Let me know if you would like her contact information.
Good luck with your wedding planning!

Re: Calgary Vendor Recommendations

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards