Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Need Entrance and Cake Cutting Song Ideas

What are people playing for their bridal party entrance, bride/groom entrance and cake cutting. I've been looking at lists and none of them list very current songs. Are they not supposed to be fun, current songs? I like bruno mars - just the way you are for maybe bride/groom entrance. I also looove teenage dream by katy perry but don't know if that's the type of song to use for one of these occasions. Suggestions, please, thanks! 

Re: Need Entrance and Cake Cutting Song Ideas

• edited December 2011
    I havnt decided on our entrance song either... but our cake cutting song is going to be "sugar sugar by the archies, its a very old song but i love it :)
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't have our bridal party entrance song or bride/groom song but our cake cutting song is somewhere over the rainbow by israel kamakawiwo ole.
  • ncd5015ncd5015 member
    edited December 2011
    Haven't thought about all of my music but for cake cutting I'm either thinking "Build Me Up Buttercup" by The Foundations or "How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jenniferm911Jenniferm911 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our cake cutting song is Sweet Pea by Amos Lee---a fun playful song!!
  • dcbowmandcbowman member
    edited December 2011
    Still deciding on my entrance song - but our cake cutting song is "I want to grow old with you" from The Wedding Singer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party is not going to be introduced.
    DH & I will be entering to Usher- Yeah
    Cake cutting Def Leppard- Pour some sugar on me
  • nannabee21nannabee21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our entrance, we were thinking either "I've had the time of my life" or "I gotta feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.

We are having a winter wedding so I think we will choose "Baby it's cold outside" for the cake cutting song. I've always thought that one was a sweet romantic song.
    September 2011 siggy challenge- Shoes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shortcakes85shortcakes85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our cake cutting song we're using "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds and we haven't decided on an entrance song yet. 
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_need-entrance-cake-cutting-song-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:92508578-c0fe-4721-bfe4-090bfc4639fePost:77dbe2aa-4e52-49d2-a281-a8bd4f55ef6d">Re: Need Entrance and Cake Cutting Song Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]our cake cutting song is Sweet Pea by Amos Lee---a fun playful song!!
    Posted by Jenniferm911[/QUOTE]

This was our cake cutting song as well :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • culpchriculpchri member
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided on a cake cutting song, but loving the "Sweet Pea" - Amos Lee idea!

For our bridal party entrance, we're using, "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti and Spearhead.  On the drive to my bachelorette weekend, I had my BM's pick the song they liked best, and that's what we came up with.
    ......Wedding Countdown Ticker ...... 174 Invitedimage 97 Attendingimage 63 Declinedimage 14 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Sept. 2
  • edited December 2011
    For our cake cutting we are using When I'm 64 by the Beatles. For our bridal party entrace (into the reception) we are using Dont Stop Beleiving by Journey. And for our entrace (into the reception) we are using The way you Make me feel by Michael Jackson
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rascal17rascal17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont know my entrance songs but my cake cutting song will be "sugar sugar" by the archies only because Hubby to be refuses to let me use "my boy lollipop" by millie small
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • edited December 2011
    i've been obsessed with finding an entrance song and i have lots of ideas! :)
    i like OMG or DJ got us fallin' in love by usher & yeah 3x or forever by chris brown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Pour Some Sugar On Me for our cake cutting song also. Not sure about entrance though? Other suggestions out there ladies?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards