Ohio-Columbus
Options

Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?

I just spent the weekend making our hotel reservations and honeymoons are on my mind today (also, I blame the cold weather). 

Where are you guys going on your honeymoon?

We are going to Northern California, with stops in Point Reyes, Napa, Yosemite, and the Big Sur Coast.  Beaches, mountains, and wine, oh my.

Phil proposed in a national park, so going to a couple more for our honeymoon seems  appropriate.
image 210 Invited
image 140 Are ready to party!
image 32 Will be missing out!
image 38 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?

• Options
    hailey513hailey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to go to an All-Inclusive in the Dominican Republic because we are looking forward to laying on the beach with drinks in hand and relaxing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Key West... cannot wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • Options
    sisterlizzysisterlizzy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CROATIA! We wanted half culture and half beach plus they say the Dalmation Coast is the new French Riviera!
  • Options
    osumegsosumegs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Aruba. My godparents are letting us use their time share for the week. FI wanted Alaska, but I won out :)

• Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Mayan Riveria!  Definitely looking forward to it in December!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Italy :-) Venice, Florence, and Rome! SOOOOOO Excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Unofficially, Iceland
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Montego Bay Jamaica.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada.  Using FI's Marriott points to stay downtown for free and we're driving (we live in Washington state) so we'll have free transportation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stanzi...that sounds like a wonderful honeymoon!

We are going to Puerto Rico for three nights and then doing an eight night Southern Caribbean cruise to Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. We leave five weeks from Thursday!!! EEEK! :)
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    edited December 2011
    considering the weather, these are all so tempting. not engaged yet, but SO and I are probably taking our next vacation to Seattle/Pacific Northwest.
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing an all inclusive in Dominican Republic as well. Cannot wait!

image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not sure yet.... funds are tied up :-(
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    CLECyclistCLECyclist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a 10 day tour of Costa Rica!

TTC since October 2011.
    DX with Non-IR PCOS in October 2012.
    Missing RIGHT tube due to a prior surgery to remove cyst-zilla (40 lbs!) at age 12.
    HSG showed tube was blocked - cleared by dye. DON'T DO CLOMID WITHOUT AN HSG!
    Cycle #8 with 50mg Clomid & TI = BFN
    Cycle #9 with 50mg Clomid & TI = No response.
    Cycle #10 with Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel shot = ???
    CD12 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm.
    CD16 ultrasound showed no follicles above 10mm (WTF)
    Clomid 200mg CD 16-22, repeat u/s on 3/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hawaii!! ~Tentatively~
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Paradise Stream Resort in Mt. Pocono, Pennsylvania. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    a-ingrama-ingram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Anna Maria Island, Florida.  We'd love to go to an AI but I got sticker shock after meeting with a travel agent....can't imagine spending all that money when we could have a down payment on a house!
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those of you doing all inclusive in Dominican Republic...what resort are you staying at??? Someone recommended the new Hard Rock resort that is there to us, but we have only just started to look into it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jmk2127jmk2127 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were going to Hilton Head SC.  And driving to save money :)
  • Options
    hailey513hailey513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@casims3-i currently cant remember the name of the place we are staying at but it have really good reviews..but i have heard good things about multiple places in the Dominican Republic.

• Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    edited December 2011
    No honeymoon for us at this point :(   We had looked into Costa Rica and were going to book it, but we just spent over $3500 on a vet bill for our dog. Long story, but FI and I were out of town for a funeral and our friend, who is supposed to be in our wedding party, came over to let the dogs out and feed the cats. I guess he thought it was ok to do it wasted. He managed to lose my cat Tyler who was gone for 9 days (I finally found him after hours and hours of searching and hanging fliers- which is why I have been MIA on here), and managed to get my dog 3 nights in the OSU Vet hospital. 

So, right now, no honeymoon, since our dog Joey IS the honeymoon. 

Frown
    Anniversary
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    edited December 2011
    @casims3 - we booked with Majestic Elegance which is an adult only resort.  we've heard some great reviews.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jdcwedding1jdcwedding1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aruba - we're also staying at a timeshare. 

osumegs - what timeshare are you staying at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_whare-going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6d85c042-1656-4a55-8dbe-b697158b3006Post:4d4f4365-2b76-43d0-aa3e-7c9f5fecea44">Re: Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No honeymoon for us at this point :(   We had looked into Costa Rica and were going to book it, but we just spent over $3500 on a vet bill for our dog. Long story, but FI and I were out of town for a funeral and our friend, who is supposed to be in our wedding party, came over to let the dogs out and feed the cats. I guess he thought it was ok to do it wasted. He managed to lose my cat Tyler who was gone for 9 days (I finally found him after hours and hours of searching and hanging fliers- which is why I have been MIA on here), and managed to get my dog 3 nights in the OSU Vet hospital.  So, right now, no honeymoon, since our dog Joey IS the honeymoon. 
    Posted by KellyRVT[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I'm so sorry!  I'd be ready to commit murder if someone caused harm to my dogs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://columbus.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_whare-going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6d85c042-1656-4a55-8dbe-b697158b3006Post:9c1eb49a-cc35-4d6d-a701-1b7f8ed306af">Re: Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]considering the weather, these are all so tempting. not engaged yet, but SO and I are probably taking our next vacation to Seattle/Pacific Northwest.
    Posted by MissOwl[/QUOTE]

Yes!  You and Mr. Owl should definitely come to the pacific northwest.  It's soooo beautiful out here and I never want to leave!
  • Options
    AlliD11AlliD11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a cruise through the Bahamas! Stopping in Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Turks and Caikos! We couldn't pick just one place so we decided on a cruise where we can go to a few different places! :)
  • Options
    LizLVWLizLVW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Fuiji! Its going to be a bit of a haul getting all the way out there but sooo worth it to stay in a hut (I forget the real name for them) on the water! We also might extend the trip and go over to Austrailia to do some sightseeing! Leave in just over 3 months! So excited! Everyone's trips sound awesome!
    image 263 Invited
    image 178 are ready to party! image 51 are so missing out image 34 are making me crazy!
    RSVP Date: May 7th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_whare-going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:6d85c042-1656-4a55-8dbe-b697158b3006Post:0823bc80-6767-45ad-97d0-8c1f6fb21328">Re: Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to Fuiji! Its going to be a bit of a haul getting all the way out there but sooo worth it to stay in a hut (I forget the real name for them) on the water! We also might extend the trip and go over to Austrailia to do some sightseeing! Leave in just over 3 months! So excited! Everyone's trips sound awesome!
    Posted by LizLVW[/QUOTE]

This is what we want to do!! From what I've seen it can be quite expensive though. Have you found any good deals? Do you mind sharing info about where you booked it?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_whare-going-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:6d85c042-1656-4a55-8dbe-b697158b3006Post:4d4f4365-2b76-43d0-aa3e-7c9f5fecea44">Re: Whare are you going on your Honeymoon?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No honeymoon for us at this point :(   We had looked into Costa Rica and were going to book it, but we just spent over $3500 on a vet bill for our dog. Long story, but FI and I were out of town for a funeral and our friend, who is supposed to be in our wedding party, came over to let the dogs out and feed the cats. I guess he thought it was ok to do it wasted. He managed to lose my cat Tyler who was gone for 9 days (I finally found him after hours and hours of searching and hanging fliers- which is why I have been MIA on here), and managed to get my dog 3 nights in the OSU Vet hospital.  So, right now, no honeymoon, since our dog Joey IS the honeymoon. 
    Posted by KellyRVT[/QUOTE]

That is AWFU!  I know what losing/searching/finding a pet feels like (our little baby was lost for 4 days when it was 20 degrees and snowy out!) so I am sooo happy you found them.  They are more important than a HM, imo.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Secrets resort in Maroma Beach.  It is about 30 mins south of Cancun.  We spent a lot of time reading reviews of places on trip advisor (they have reviews and pics that guests post).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards