Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

the wedding I was in (a cautionary tale for brides to be)

2»

Re: the wedding I was in (a cautionary tale for brides to be)

• Options
    oh god. if she does that, I'm afraid for her.
  • Options
    So sorry that happened to you...  :(
    Mr. and Mrs. Sharkdiver!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-cautionary-tale-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:88b49ea9-4fbc-494b-bf80-311d87e9f435Post:58bfc3dd-35c7-4803-b7ca-6cb1616847e9">Re: the wedding I was in (a cautionary tale for brides to be)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man Lala, I'm sorry.  After everything you went through with her, I probably would have ripped the flowers off of their stems in the bouquet and said I quit as a BM.   <strong> I'm going to go out on a limb and say in a month this friend is going to be calling you and asking why you've been such a bad friend lately because you haven't even asked how her honeymoon was yet.</strong>
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking that! Lala I'm so sorry you were treated so badly by someone you love and care about and who is supposed to love and care about you. I just can't even imagine being that much of a bitch not only on the wedding day but in the lead-up to the wedding itself. Everything you are feeling is totally valid and I would feel the same way, I'm sure.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Wow, Lala, I'm literally speechless.  I can't imagine anyone being such a d-bag to the people they asked to stand with them.

Though, I must admit, twunt is a far better description for this kind of person than d-bag.
  • Options
    I second the "wows". 

Sorry to hear that lala.  Can I wish violent diarrhea on her for a week?

She still got married, right?  The roof did not collapse, no ones tires went flat, and no one got stung by a bee that was hiding in one of the bouquets?

My MOH tried on her dress yesterday, and because of new meds she is on, she gained some weight and it does not fit now.  She was really upset and I told her if need be, we will just get her another dress.  NBD to me - I will do it because I want her in my wedding standing up with me. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jesus murphy.  i couldn't imagine that. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    What a twat. That stinks Lala :(
  • Options
    Wow...kudos to you for still being nice to her after that.  I don't know if I could've kept my mouth shut and let her know what a bitch she was being.  I understand being stressed and everything, but that doesn't give anyone license to be plain mean.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Everyone kept telling me on my wedding day, "you're so calm!"

Maybe they expected me to be a huge bitch. Who knows?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-cautionary-tale-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:88b49ea9-4fbc-494b-bf80-311d87e9f435Post:2801c4bf-185b-4f9e-8cd5-9f92543bf1cf">Re: the wedding I was in (a cautionary tale for brides to be)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone kept telling me on my wedding day, "you're so calm!" Maybe they expected me to be a huge bitch. Who knows?
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Our day-of coordinator/decorator keeps saying that to me! Am I suppossed to be running around like the sky is falling? I don't get it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-cautionary-tale-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:88b49ea9-4fbc-494b-bf80-311d87e9f435Post:2801c4bf-185b-4f9e-8cd5-9f92543bf1cf">Re: the wedding I was in (a cautionary tale for brides to be)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone kept telling me on my wedding day, "you're so calm!" Maybe they expected me to be a huge bitch. Who knows?
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I hope that's how I am. But I'm afraid I can be bitchy if things aren't going right.

I pinky swear to not be 1/10th as bad as the bride Lala had to deal with!
  • Options
    wow, that totally stinks, sorry to hear that!

"remember your bridesmaids are there because they care for you..."

yeah, also remember WHY you're getting married-- hopefully it's not just so that you can look like/act like/be treated like a princess for a whole day! (in a castle! lol!)

sounds like that bride is going to be in for a little surprise down the road about what marriage is...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I cannot imagine caring enough about issues to yell at or make one of my BMs cry on my wedding day. I'm beyond relaxed about this wedding right now, probably more relaxed than I should.

Sorry you had to go through that, thanks for the reminder though. Examples like this remind me why I am being so calm about this whole thing in the first place.
    Always Daddy's Little Girl
    kimdad-2

Mr. vs Mrs. Food Blog
    (Updated 6/12/11, please vote for the next dish!)
  • Options
    Aw poor Lala. I can't believe she made you cry. That sucks. I certainly hope she doesn't call starting something. I can only imagine how that converstaions would go. ::hugs::
  • Options
    sorry lala, that sucks. I was also in a wedding of a bride that acted similar.  We ceased being friends a few years after the wedding but whenever discussion came around to my wedding (or any other wedding in general) she would say "don't even talk to me about weddings, I HATED mine and would do everything differently"
    and her face showed it the whole night.

Good for you for staying around - if she acts like the same selfish b!tch when she's back from the HM I definitely think it might be worth re-evaluating the friendship!
  • Options
    Boo! That is awful. I probably would have cried in the bathroom then sucked it up, just like you did - but not becuase I'm a great friend, mostly because I would have been scared to death of her if I left!

I cannot imagine noticing the difference between white and ivory on a bridesmaid on your wedding day... talk about poor priorities. What do you think would have happened if her husband-to-be accidentally ordered a gray suit instead of charcoal? I think she would have called the whole thing off!
  • Options
    Gross.  Want me to roll out there and regulate?

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    meep2meep2 member
    First Comment
    I'd cut a b*tch if she showed up in ivory instead of white.

Wait, no. I don't require high doses of antipsychotics.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards