Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

What's up ladies, lurkers, and anybody I missed?  Just finished dinner, salad and swordfish (grilled).  Two of my favorite S words.  FI didn't like the bottle of wine I choose so I guess I am finishing that puppy.

Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

• Options
    I just finished dinner (bruchetta chicken) and I am watching Law and Order... nothing too exciting tonight, but I can't complain.
  • Options
    Mmmm swordfish. I've never had that but it sounds delicious. 

I'm watching Tangled with H, uploading my 800 something photos from the HM to FB and you may have inspired me to grab a glass of wine.

I have to go back to work tomorrow and I so don't want to.
  • Options
    Hey!

I'm watching Harry Potter 7.2.  FI and I are about to head out to got have dinner and do  our team trivia night.  It's always a fun time.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Kate your dinner sounds yummy, how do you make it?

Oh Midge, I will say it again you look beautiful.  Glowing to be exact.  I hope I look half as radiant.  WOW!
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi! I haven't been around lately, so I figured I should catch up on some knotting.

Ski - what kind of wine are you drinking?
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm solo tonight. FI is working close, so I'm channel surfing with my cat.  Had hummus and pita chips so far.  Not sure what's next.  I don't really want a meal, I just want to graze.  There's more strawberries in the fridge, and some leftover Hamburger Helper.  Meh.

• Options
    We are watching HP too except we are watching the first movie. I really want to watch 7 again but I'm crazy and have to watch in order. I'm tired even though I went to bed early last night. Not sure how long I'll make it tonight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thousand Islands Winery - Reisling.  Very tasty!  Plus the bottle is blue and I need it for my "Message in a bottle" guest book we are doing at the wedding. 

How are you raes, and where have you been?  All good I hope.
  • Options
    Drinking a lambic and watching Veronica Mars.
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member

Just been busy with life!  We had some oot guests staying with us, and I threw my sister a baby shower. That was a nightmare and a half, so I'm glad it's over with.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:9b4b6602-c86e-416e-bb86-6e8d4f977525">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate your dinner sounds yummy, how do you make it? Oh Midge, I will say it again you look beautiful.  Glowing to be exact.  I hope I look half as radiant.  WOW!
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>Marinate boneless, skinless chicken in olive oil and pressed garlic then grill on the BBQ</div><div>When the chicken is almost finished put on the bruchetta mixture (diced roma tomatos, diced red onion, diced basil, olive oil, pressed garlic, and salt and peper) on top of the chicken.</div><div>Then put mozerlla cheese on top and let melt</div><div>I then put balsamic glaze on top</div><div>
    </div><div>Sorry I don't have an actual recipe because I mixed a bunch of recipes until I got one I liked.</div>
  • Options
    Hi all!

I have some turkey burgers on the stove (again).  Work was crazy and I had a 2 1/2 hour orientation even though I sat through it when I started as a contractor 3 months ago. They said I had to do it all over since I'm an official new hire today. I only needed info from the last 15 minutes so that was annoying.

I think I was bitten by a spider and I just had an appointment with the most awkward doctor ever. He was mumbling through the whole thing and then I paid him in cash in the exam room! I even had to ask for a receipt.  I don't know if that's the way they do things 'round these parts but I have never exchanged money in the exam room.  He seemed shady.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    hola...i am exhausted and starting to not feel well....Wednesday is the last day of work and I do not want to get sick!

I still haven't gone grocery shopping..so it was take out for dinner tonight. I think I might head to bed soon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:ce4cd570-ab82-4c60-b465-b9790bfbc463">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : Marinate boneless, skinless chicken in olive oil and pressed garlic then grill on the BBQ When the chicken is almost finished put on the bruchetta mixture (diced roma tomatos, diced red onion, diced basil, olive oil, pressed garlic, and salt and peper) on top of the chicken. Then put mozerlla cheese on top and let melt I then put balsamic glaze on top Sorry I don't have an actual recipe because I mixed a bunch of recipes until I got one I liked.
    Posted by Katelyn89[/QUOTE]

No worries, I do that too!  I will give it a try.  Thanks.  Sounds yummy, FI loves bruchetta and I just got a new Ninja so I am so into trying anything chopped, diced, pureed.  Tee hee
  • Options
    Thank you Ski! :) I'm sure you will be just as radiant on your day! 

I am now drinking some White Zin. We have a box of Chardonnay and Riesling from the wedding in the fridge and a bottle of Champagne after that! We look like a bunch of alcoholics because there's also a ton of beer in the fridge from H's bachelor party. 

Moving Baxter today was really depressing and it hasn't gotten much better. He meowed (like the one he only does when going to the vet) even once we got him here and out of the cage. Then he spent hours under the bed without coming out. H got him to eat some food and we've now locked him out of the bedroom to force him to explore the rest of the apartment.
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    Tracy - that sounds really odd. I don't think I would be comfortable handing cash over to a doctor in the exam room like that. Does he have a regular office?
  • Options
    Muni, I love your new sig!  You have the best damn wedding pictures ever!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:ef332537-4030-47f2-ac0e-f60347a08b04">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Drinking <strong>a lambic </strong>and watching Veronica Mars.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

???

And love your new sig picture.  Going to have to save that to my Pinterest if you don't mind for my photographer to mimic?  okay?thanks!
  • Options
    I just made a pot of posole (H and I both have sore throats).  Then I'm having an Imperial beer.
  • Options
    MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Thanks Tracy and Ski!

Ski, I have more where that came from on my pinterest (:

And a lambic is a fruity, sour beer.  It's yummy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:a6439c37-9eb9-4424-afd0-8f5f63b06549">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : No worries, I do that too!  I will give it a try.  Thanks.  Sounds yummy, FI loves bruchetta and <strong>I just got a new Ninja so I am so into trying anything chopped, diced, pureed</strong>.  Tee hee
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    Sounds like the perfect reason to give it a try! hope it turns out! It's pretty easy I think though especially if I can make it. </div>
  • Options
    Tracy, that is really odd.

Muni, as always, great sig pic!
  • Options
    Midge -- when H moved in, Berkeley was completely traumatized.  She kept on giving me a look that said "When is he leaving?" for about six months.
  • Options
    Evening. I'm not eating or drinking anything. I am really hungry though, so I'll have to change at least half of that :)

Muni, love the new sig!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats, Midge!

I'm being bad tonight. Older daughter is at camp all this week, and husband is at work tonight, so younger daughter and I had crepes for dinner. Chocolate crepes, to be precise. I filled them with peanut and almond butter for "dinner," then fresh strawberries and foamed skim milk (rather than whipped cream) for dessert. Don't judge.
  • Options
    thanks ladies (:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:631563e2-1ed1-4bb4-a69b-c7bd33f8932c">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Tracy and Ski! Ski, I have more where that came from on my pinterest (: And a lambic is a fruity, sour beer.  It's yummy.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Can you PM your name so I can be a follower/lurker to you?  That would be delightful.  Thanks
  • Options
    No judgement, Sara.  Just jealousy.
  • Options
    YGPM, Ski
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:1ed9de60-8472-4960-82e9-1f0170f7a70b">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats, Midge! I'm being bad tonight. Older daughter is at camp all this week, and husband is at work tonight, so younger daughter and I had crepes for dinner. Chocolate crepes, to be precise. I filled them with peanut and almond butter for "dinner," then fresh strawberries and foamed skim milk (rather than whipped cream) for dessert. Don't judge.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

No judging, only wishing

A) you were my momma
    B) I lived closer to you!

That is all!  Are your girls/you out for summer vacation yet?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards