Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

• Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    JK, I hope you get your dinner soon.

Aryn, that sounds so sad about the dog.  If it is that blatant I would really want to put the dog down even though it would be heartbreaking.  My parents had to do it several agos with our sheltie.  The saddest part was when they took her into the vet, one of the first things the vet said was that he couldn't believe she was still alive (her tongue was turning blue and had almost no circulation).  I don't really know where I'm going with that, except I'm good wishes and that I understand.  I hope he makes the right decision for the dog.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Aryn - that is a tough situation. I can understand that he is having a hard time making that decision, but at the same time the poor dog shouldn't have to suffer.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Aw I'm sorry to hear about their Sheltie. I hope he makes the right decision for her too. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I just really don't like Domino for personal reasons.

Anyway, it's so weird. Both of our cars are still here, so I dunno where he got off to. I could always call, but I'm stubborn.
  • Options
    Don't worry guys, I got my dinner.  And a glass of honeycrisp apple wine.  All is well in the world.

Aryn, that totally sucks.  I'm with you.

My boss today decided I'm ready to train our new person.  I've only been there for 5 months, and it's a huge compliment.  I'm pretty flattered.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Honeycrisp apple wine sounds awesome.
  • Options
    J, that's awesome! That really is a great compliment. 
  • Options
    It's amazing, Daff.  It's the perfect mix of fruity and light with just a touch of dryness.  I should have gotten two bottles.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:c3791d09-de37-48ee-ad9e-7f7942c3740d">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw I'm sorry to hear about their Sheltie. I hope he makes the right decision for her too. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

Does he have a regular vet that he might be willing to make an appointment to consult with? Maybe the vet could tell him it's time. Or, if it's treatable, tell him he needs to treat her or euthanize her if he's not willing/able to treat her properly.

I have a hard time putting animals to sleep and I've only had to make that decision for one of my own, and she was really old and some life circumstances pushed me into a decision. But, I know that in the near future I'll probably have to make some decisions for the three oldest cats (15, 13, and 10) and both of my horses are getting up in age. There's no right answer, but I think a day to early is better than a day to late.

It kills me when people don't take care of their pets, kids, or elderly.
  • Options
    I gotta break open that bottle of moscato this week.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love a dry, crisp white. And I love honeycrisps.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    DO IT ANGEL! 

Ok, I'm done lurking. Bed time! Night all!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    Oh and..

Daf- Hope everything works out.

J &K- That wine sounds delicious.

Aryn- Your FI deserves a HUGE swift kick to the balls. Poor dog.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    Steffi, I agree with you.  I despise people that don't treat animals right.  But I have had really strong opinions on a lot of stuff today.  I worry about having to put my cat to sleep, but she is doing just wonderful now that she is with me and in her own place.  So I am hoping she continues to have a healthy (and long) life.  

My view with putting animals to sleep is to figure out why you are keeping them alive: are you doing it for yourself or them?  If the animal is in so much pain, I think it is better to put them asleep. Like I said, with my parents sheltie the vet couldn't believe she was alive and my parents knew she was in so much pain and felt horrible for keeping her in that state and not taking her to the vet sooner.  I would feel so horrible to be the one to cause an animal prolonged pain.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  What's up?  I have been reading the days threads.

H is working in WY, but he'll be home again this weekend.  I'm watching Bachelorette and chillin' tonight.
  • Options
    All of Door County's wineries and distilleries do free tastings, and I don't drink much at all... 13 wine samples, cherry vodka, regular vodka, and cherry gin samples later, and I can't believe I didn't buy MORE booze. 

• Options
    Loopy, that's great that he'll be home again so soon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:3401169a-ee70-4e14-ad72-6570023d5499">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steffi, I agree with you.  I despise people that don't treat animals right.  But I have had really strong opinions on a lot of stuff today....  I would feel so horrible to be the one to cause an animal prolonged pain.
    Posted by rsanna[/QUOTE]

I tend to be slightly opinionated on some things. LOL

They're hard decisions, that's for sure. The 5 oldest of my cats were owned by my good friend and roommate who passed away last year, so I worry that I will keep them alive because I don't want to lose them. I try to keep in mind what she would have wanted and done for them when I'm dealing with them, and she was much quicker to euthanize than I am. It's never a decision to take lightly and not one that can be undone, but waiting too long isn't fair to the animal either.
  • Options
    Thanks Steffi.
    J, that sounds amazing. I love honeycrisp apples.
    Angel, yes you really do.
    Aryn-I get that he loves his dog, but JFC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    J&K, a friend of mine is going camping in Door County next week.  It's so pretty there.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    Loopy, I'm glad that your H will be home soon.  That's great.

I think I am going to head out for a work.  It was great chatting.  Have a good night everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:635060ff-4b99-4926-8c12-2987a7cc26d1">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K, a friend of mine is going camping in Door County next week.  It's so pretty there.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Tell her to go to Orchard Winery and get cherry salsa.  And wine, but mostly cherry salsa.  Do you know where she's camping?

• Options
    EAGLES!  You're up late, dear.

• Options
    I wonder if I could find use for lace candle holders. They're so pretty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:2beebab3-d3ac-4acb-8e33-7bd1489e17ef">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : Pssh, if the guests don't <strong>abscond </strong>with them, I will send you two as housewarming gifts.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Good word! And that would be awesome! </div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?:[QUOTE]EAGLES!nbsp; You're up late, dear. Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

True story. Are you still wound up from the TY note debacle? Haha, jk.

Guys, I'm officially KUI.
  • Options
    Hey guys. I'm watching Masterchef and trying to calm myself down after getting upset a/b the SB Prudence thread. blargh. 
  • Options
    I like when people KUI.  Mostly because they're endlessly entertaining ;)

Imitrex makes me shudder.  That stuff made me so stinkin' sick.  Like I needed MORE sick on top of my already migrained sick.  But most people love it.  Guttersluts, the lot of ya.

• Options
    I don't know where she's camping.  I'll have to clue her in about Orchard winery though.  
  • Options
    Evening! I just got done reading over today's posts and wow there's a whole lotta stupid on SB. I also ventured over to the Christian board because someone posted a thread on CC (I think) and there was so much ridiculousness being posted about gay marriage over there. It's so unreal. 

I also just got done making burritos for dinner and SIL taught me this super easy and completely delicious recipe for dessert. 

1 8oz container of cool whip
    1/3 cup peanut butter

Mix those two and put in muffin pan with a liner

Then add a drop of chocolate on top of each and swirl it around just to make it pretty. 

Set it up in the freezer for 45 minutes or so and done! They are so freaking good too.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards