Michigan-Lansing
Options

Premier Sound??? DJ at Saginaw Bridal Show. anyone heard of them

2»

Re: Premier Sound??? DJ at Saginaw Bridal Show. anyone heard of them

• Options
    Hello everyone. I created an account to be able to share my story. First off, thank you to everyone who has been posting about this scam from day 1! You all saved me a horrible nightmare at my wedding. I booked with Premier Sound and met with Josh Barz last year. Of course, he was extremely professional when we met with him and since he was a vendor at one of the largest bridal shows in MI, we decided he would be great for our wedding. We were sadly mistaken. I have now learned that ANYONE can get a booth at these bridal shows, so beware. Word of mouth is the VERY BEST way to decide who will be a vendor for your wedding. I am not going to go into a ton of details as my story is very similar to the other stories on this post. However, when it was about 3 months before my wedding and I still could not get him to return my calls, I started to look up information on their company on here and other websites. This research uncovered a ton of heartbreaking stories of people who were recently wedded who had no DJ show up for the wedding or even worse, he was extremely unprofessional. This is when I decided to get ahold of him and his business partner one last time, only to get no return call yet again, his business partner's phone was disconnected, and their facebook page had been taken down. After discussions with family, I decided to turn to the police and also booked another DJ only a month before the wedding just in case. The police were not able to track him down in person and could not officially press charges against him until he didn't show up for the wedding (it is not a breach of contract until the services in the contract are not provided). Long story short, he never tried to contact me before the wedding and of course, never showed. I have to say, dealing with this was a nightmare. Not only was I planning this wedding alone (my husband is a military member and gone), but I had to listen to his sad stories of how his lack of communication was due to his father having cancer. I am one person who can understand that, but I, too, had to deal with my father having a re-occurance of his cancer while planning our wedding. This jerk even offered to give me additional services and said he GUARANTEED he would provide services for us even if we needed to change the wedding date because of my husband being an active military member. Needless to say, both the police and the court systems were able to fight and get my money back. I want to recommend to anyone out there who has been scammed by this person (his "ex" business partner, too), please do not be afraid to step forward and contact the authorities. They can help, and if they cannot, they will lead you in the right direction as to how to get your money back. Please, do not let this guy take your money and get away with it. I think scamming couples over on their wedding day is about the most scumbag thing someone can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards