Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Random Questions PoLL

2»

Re: Random Questions PoLL

• Options
    You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? give it backOf course you would. Not all of us make as much money as you. I'm sure you look down on anyone who said they'd be tempted to keep it....
  • Options
    twonie - a $2 coin loonie - a $1 coin I'm Canadian.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    TiDa - When I was in Australia, I loved that their bills were different color. That's how I argued my case when a fast food worker gave me back less change than I deserved. I knew the color, and my friend vouched for it! So much easier. I wish the US would follow.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    Has anyone seen ABC News' "What Would You Do?" They have a hidden camera and it wouldn't surprise me if they purposely gave customers back extra change to see what they'd do. Then they'd see a customer count it out as they walk away, noticing that it's too much, and then stop them in the parking lot to ask why they didn't return it. EMBARRASSING. I always keep that in mind when stuff like that happens. I feel like someone is watching me.
  • Options
    1. Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot?  This doesn't apply to me...  no parking lots.2. Do you hold doors for other people? always3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you?   does not apply.  I have no drivers license4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it?  I probably wouldn't even notice until much later. I don't think I go back at that point.5. How tall are you? 5-5
  • Options
    sometimes yes yes bring it back 5'10
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    1. Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot? Yep! My brother used to work pushing buggies and he always complained about people who don't do it.2. Do you hold doors for other people? Most of the time, yes.3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you? Not real often, to be honest.4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? Bring it back, for sure. I've worked in retail far too long to keep it, that person might get fired or have to make up the difference out of their check because of it.5. How tall are you? 5'1"
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? give it backOf course you would. Not all of us make as much money as you. I'm sure you look down on anyone who said they'd be tempted to keep it....  Let me guess, you are now going to follow me for every post and have your commentary.  I would give it back because the person who gave the wrong amount could get in trouble for having a difference in money. 
  • Options
    1. Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot? Most of the time, but sometimes I'll be in a row and there is no place to put it. If you can't provide me with a place to leave it, then too bad! I usually grab a deserted one on my way in. 2. Do you hold doors for other people? Yea, unless they are kind of far away- then it is just awkward. 3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you? Yea, as long as I have enough time/space to stop. 4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? That much, yes. A cashier could get in serious trouble for that mistake! But I've definitely gotten $5-10 more back before and kept it. 5. How tall are you? 5'4"
  • Options
    salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    1, 3, 4. Yes.2. Not if I can help it.5. 5'6".
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    1. Yes2. Sure do3. Depends. I agree with PP who said if they have a signal on, I'm more inclined. But the douchebags who blow past the cars waiting in line then try to merge closer to when it's one lane/an exit, no way. And I try to mentally convey to the cars in front of me "Don't let this douchebag in!"5. 5'3"
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    . Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot? not right now, I'm still walking with a cane and am wobbly2. Do you hold doors for other people? yes3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you? yes, but not in NYC.  Here, you can get killed doing that4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? Give it back, always.  karma, ya' know?5. How tall are you? 5'8"
  • Options
    1. Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot?  almost always. 2. Do you hold doors for other people? yes.  it annoys me when others don't.  i will wait an extra 10 seconds to hold the door for them if they're coming up behind me. 3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you? i have a two car limit in rush hour.  after i have let two cars in, i'm done.  4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? depends on the store and the service i got.  5. How tall are you? 5'1

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    1. Do you return the carts to their proper place in a super market parking lot?  Always2. Do you hold doors for other people? Yes3. When driving, do you let cars pull out in front of you?  Not always. If they are patiently waiting, I usually do, but if they are trying to cut me off, I won't.4. You are given more change than you deserve at a store (a significant amount - let's say a $100 bill instead of a $10 bill.) Do you bring it back or keep it? I'd probably mention it right there. 5. How tall are you? 5'9"
  • Options
    1. I used to. I don't have a car anymore but when I do go to stores in a rental car now, I usually don't. Weird.2. Yes, sometimes, especially women with strollers. I used to be a nanny so I know how hard that is.3. Yes, because that's what a good driver does.4. I tried to give a dollar back once and it was my mistake. They were thankful that I was trying to be honest though.5. 5'4"
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    1.  Eh, sometimes.2.  Try to whenever possible.3.  Yes.4.  Absolutely.5.  Hair shy of 5'7"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Yes. Always- my FI usually does it for me, though, and I drive over and 'pick him up' from the trolley bay, haha.2. Yes, and I always feel bad when the door slips out of my hand or I don't notice someone coming and don't do it.3. I do when I notice them, especially in the city because I am always doing the same to everyone else (as I have no clue where to go). But I will swear a little if they just pull in without indicating, and I hate it when people push their way in- especially when you were going to let them in anyway, if they'd just waited a second.4. I look at it oddly for a minute and then the shop assistant realises their mistake... I do this even if it's just 50 cents. There's only been a couple of times (for smaller amounts) that I haven't, and that's just because I haven't figured it out until later on.6. 166cms.
  • Options
    or alternate answer that will actually make sense to the rest of you for #6: 5 foot 5 and a half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards