Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Oh dear, I'm bored!

13»

Re: Oh dear, I'm bored!

• Options
    Hey, Shelly.  I was about to respond to the awesome drunken pics when my doorman psycho tells me we have someone and have to come get them because they don't have id.  It was delivery for another person.  Brie, I am hearing snips about you doing something major but I am out of the loop.  Details please and did you flash anyone your boobs?  Also, please send low fat, sugar free, and flourless cake balls, post haste.   
  • Options
    I will come grocery shop for all of you. I love it. I just went today and it makes me so happy. I like going late at night when there are no kids. I could spend hours. And I clip coupons, too!Good! You can pay my bill too!  :)
  • Options
    I clip coupons too, no shame in my game.  I remember in Atlanta, there were triple coupon days but I never see them here.  Do you get them ever? 
  • Options
    I'd clip coupons, but we don't get the Sunday paper.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I clip but we always forget them. It's like my cloth bags. I forget those a lot and they stay IN my car 24/7.
  • Options
    ::winks at Duds and Sucrets:: Scooooore!
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Brie, I am hearing snips about you doing something major but I am out of the loop. Details please and did you flash anyone your boobs? Also, please send low fat, sugar free, and flourless cake balls, post haste. I don't think I've done anything major lately.  I ran my first race today and have a job interview on Monday, but neither is really overly exciting. Other than that, I'm clueless.  I will get cracking on the cake balls, but it seems like an impossible task.  I do recommend the banana soft serve that seems to be really popular on the internet lately, though.  Much healthier and good for a sweet tooth.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm still gloating to Buddy about my shopping today. Not my best time out, but he bet that I couldn't get enough food for 10 days, breakfast, lunch and dinner for both of us, that we'd actually both eat, for less than $100.Oh YEAH? 90 minutes and a bunch of coupons later, $171 worth of groceries for $99.58. 41% savings, not so bad.Fry's Supermarket is my BIITCH!He initially didn't understand why I spent so much time with coupons and sales fliers, but I don't understand WHY you wouldn't take advantage.We don't have a delivered paper, but we go out and get the Sunday paper - usually at least 2 copies for the coupons.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    I "clip" coupons online.  I like couponmom.com and usually if you go to specific brand websites they have something.  I got overly excited today about a good Kashi sale at Super Target--I stocked up on cereal for the next month or so.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I only get the weekend papers.  They are weird because some Sunday sections come on Saturday.  I get a thrill out of seeing how much I saved at the bottom of receipts.  I blame my grandfather for this, we used to have coupon time when I was a kid and I got to cut them. 
  • Options
    When I lived with my sister, I was great with the coupons.It is fun to see how much you save.I like swiping my Kroger card at the end of the transaction to see all the prices change.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Well, that is major, your first for the season.  Tell me more about this banana stuff.  TJ, you pay more for buying the paper on the stand.  We get a weekend only subscription of the NYT and it is less than a dollar an issue.  Use a coupon code and get one. 
  • Options
    I wanna here about the banana stuff too.
  • Options
    Boo. They don't have coupons down here. I'm so jealous of you all that do. Our food costs twice what yours does before coupons.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    TJ, that is awesome.  I think I would die of happiness if I found a triple coupon day around here.Banana soft serve is really easy.  Slice a banana, and freeze it.  When it's frozen, put it in the food processor with a little splash of milk and blend it.  It gets really creamy and tastes a lot like ice cream.  I have also blended a little peanut butter and Nutella in it and it turns out great.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MrsE - We've tried it. Soooomehow our coupons would always disappear. Much like much of our food does. Our roommate... "roommate"... feels entitled to everything in the house because she half owns it and I own none of it but live here, so, you know, my stuff is her stuff.Sorry. The living situation is REALLY under my skin today.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Mmmm sounds good Brie.
  • Options
    mmm banana flavored ice cream.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    And thanks, E.  I blogged about it today.  It was a good time and I've already registered for my second I had so much fun.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No one EVER does triple or even regularly doubles around here. I think Fry's doubles up to $.30, and will double up to three of the same coupon.Buddy gets embarassed by my coupons sometimes, like I'm stealing.Like today, the cheese sticks I like to put in his lunch were on sale, 2/$6. On each one was a "save now" coupon for $1 off. AND I had a $1 off coupon as well. He says, "You're not going to use all of those TODAY are you?" Fuucking a right I am, mister.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Watching boxing tonight, looking at wedding stuff and houses in Baltimore online...what fun. We are REALLY partying here! lol
  • Options
    Lynda, they make up for it by dirt cheap booze.  That sounds like a good recipe, I'll try it. 
  • Options
    It is surprisingly good.  I was skeptical, but I saw it on a food blog I like so I figured I'd give it a try.  It would be great with some strawberries on top, too.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is true E. Our booze is cheap. I just realized that except for Kmart, none of the grocery store have weekly specials of any kind.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Shouldn't Kmart take your coupons if you print them?  There is no reason they shouldn't.  I see some coupons say no USVI but not always. 
  • Options
    FI and I are watching The Mist. It's skurry.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    watching true blood and getting crunk.  earlier we went to a brazilian place and had some meat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards