North Carolina
Options

Slow boards....

2»

Re: Slow boards....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto grace. There are pictures that I'll share once I get them back, and a couple weddings I am holding out to see, but then I'll probably move along. I would love to do a GTG with all the girls we've come to "know" though!
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    me three!(seriously that is i think the fourth time i've typed that on here today!)
  • Options
    trinnyfacetrinnyface member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so stressed out these days that I have been in kind of a funk and am starting to come out of it. After my bridals on Monday, I started to feel better. But then I just got hit with a case of fever blisters, which are stress related and now I am stressed again. It's not just wedding stuff...it is school (I am a teacher) and classes (at UNCC) and renovating my house and just a lot of things. But yes, the wedding stuff is a lot to deal with right now on top of everything else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I was just telling Russ that I figure my NC knotting days are over by about the end of Oct. or rather once those girls return from honeymoons and what not with thoughts/pics etc. I've stayed on way longer than I ever thought I would. I would so love to do a GTG with you all but that is not so much an option for me. And it is funny because when I was new to the NC knot board I hate to say I was not a fan of the married ladies who stuck around, I thought they were so ridiculous and stuck in wedding mode and just a bunch of things I couldn't understand. They all moved right along just as I assume many of us are about to do about Christmas of last year I think. It seems to just cycle in that way. And now I understand why they stuck around... you come to be "friends" with a lot of the people you have been planning with or did plan with for about a year of your life. I think though that the current brides-to-be aren't as frustrated with us married ladies as many of us were with our married knotties... they were a bit more of a snarky bunch. But good for them, because it worked for their group, it doesn't so much work for ours and I'm happy to say that we are a relatively tame bunch. Yay us.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I'd have more time to knot since my research ended but then my school work has just kicked into full gear for some reason :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yep Kristy, just wanted to say *agreed.*I know its hard for you too since you had to move away, are you having luck making new friends?I will be in your boat next summer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    4th year Pharmacy School SUCKS! Not only do I get minimal hours each day to post on TK, they're in the evening when everyone goes home from work!And Pharmacy School is also the reason I've been on here SO LONG. We did a 2 year engagement so that I could get things done to have the wedding I dreamed of without completely stressing myself out.I have to admit that I'm sad a lot of my friends have migrated over to the Nest already: #1: I don't feel like I fit there yet, so I miss them, and #2:I'm kind of selfishly sad that the older girls (those that have been here since Spring/Summer and some Fall 2008) won't be around to see their helpful tips come to fruition at my actual wedding which is still over 6 months away.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katherine... that made me feel sad for you... and it makes me not want to drop out on a girl that has been here the whole time I have.
  • Options
    nikkilathropnikkilathrop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think things may have gotten slower because some of your group has gotten married and joining is a little intimidating. I was afraid at first because everyone knows each other and I wasn't sure a newbie would be welcomed. However, everyone was so nice when I posted. I just need to learn how to do the pics and all the other fancy things you ladies have on your posts. I am really enjoying the community so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    nikki you are very welcome. i didn't have pics up for many many moons after showing my face. we will get to know you, and in a year, you will have your own "group"... those who went through this whole thing with you start to finish. it's actually quite nice.
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristy- stick around at least until your newfie gets here! I want to see pics of her adorableness. :)
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    nikki - i'm glad that you found everyone here so nice and supportive.  i like to think that we are a first class group  like that :)oh and i haven't bothered to learn how to do pics in the siggy yet either.  maybe after i get my cd from cheyenne.  i have my blog in the siggy though and there are more than enough pics of me there if anyone really needs my face!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    katherine - we can stick the next 6 months out together (you just may have to kick me in the butt sometimes). i agree, it is a little sad...i have only been around for 6 months and while it was exciting to see all the girls that welcomed me and helped get me started in the right direction get married, i am sad to see them go as well.it is nice to see that new faces are coming in as well.  katherine - in a few weeks i can talk "new homeownership" with you, yay!!!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry, I won't totally desert you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy, Grace and Megan (as well as Jess and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting), I'm glad you all are sticking around so far!  I definitely have appreciated everyone's advice, especially post-wedding day dos and don'ts.  I have learned so much from everyone here.  Its weird, I talk about my knot friends but then people are like, wait, you don't actually know them?  Its hard to explain!I'm about 8 months out and I'm sure I'll be around until then at least.  Amanda, I feel you, I'm definitely "over" a lot of the planning process.  I just wish that I could get it all done and glide into June.  Probably not going to happen that way though!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol@ brit....i talk the same way and FI looks at me like who are all these people, where did they come from???when i get done with my halloween costume and post a pic for you guys.....we will totally have something other than wedding stuff to laugh about for a while :)yay grace loves us!!!! he he!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course I love you guys! DH said that this is the first time he has heard of an online community that is really supportive of one another and not creepy :) Ooh - can't wait to see the pic of your Halloween costume!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards