Honeymoon Discussions
Options

US Honeymoon Ideas

Does anyone have any ideas for honeymoon places in the US? My FI and I are wanting to stay in the states and have a relaxing honeymoon. I like to do "tourist-y" things but also like to have time to relax. Thanks.
June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: US Honeymoon Ideas

• Options
    Newport, RI.
  • Options
    Oh, I never thought of RI. I'll have to look into it, Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Leelanau peninsula (Traverse City area) in Michigan
  • Options
    Nappa and San Fran. If you're in San Fran don't forget to vist Sausalito.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We went on our honeymoon to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.  It was amazing!  Very relaxing a beautiful, but still lots to do.I also recommend Savannah, GA and Cape Cod, MA.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maine is beautiful. I live here & I still vacation here. Both coastal & Mtns are great.
  • Options
    Hawaii is in the US.. haha but Florida Keys are nice as well, or Miami
  • Options
    Thanks! I would love to go to Hawaii, but that depends on the budget..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've always thought a Colorado honeymoon would be romantic. Skiing/snowboarding during the day, and then hot tubbing and a fire at night. The Lago Mar in Florida also looks really nice.
  • Options
    Yellowstone or Glacier National Park or Duluth, MN.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    New Orleans or Maryland I love just love that state! Also there are some cute hotels in Florida on the Gulf Coast south of the Tampa area *sorry don't remember the names but google the area beautiful hotels on the beach but very relaxed area*
  • Options
    We're doing Aspen...they've got some awesome activities like hot air ballooning and paragliding, but apres-ski for the relaxation aspect :)
  • Options
    These are some great suggestions. Looks like I have a lot of research to do with FI! Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to DC. We would love to go to New Jersey and the like,.. but let's face it...we'll be busy enough to just stay in one city. ;-)
  • Options
    Mackinac Island, Michigan!!!! It's both romantic and fun, and beautiful - almost like being in Europe somewhere. No, don't stay at the Grand Hotel that's been featured in a bunch of movies, etc. Go there one day and poke around, take some photos, get something from the gift shop. Learn more by typing in www dot mackinacisland dot com Or we went to San Diego - beautiful and lots to do.
  • Options
    Cape Cod is also a wonderful place to vacation in the US. You can stay on the main "arm" part of Cape Cod (I'm biased towards Hyannisport but there are also many other nice areas) and you can also spend time on Martha's Vineyard and Nantuckett. Both islands are easy to get to.
  • Options
    Come to Colorado, esepcially if you're getting married in our off season (April-October) because you can stay at the ski resorts for cheap!  There are TONs of great things to do here year round, and the mountains are gorgeous!  Obviously I'm biased, lol, but I know we'd be honeymooning here if we didn't live here!  It meets all the touristy, the adventure, and the pampering needs you might want met for a honeymoon!

Check out Beaver Creek/Avon for luxury in the off season, or Breckenridge for a real ski town with lots of fun year-round activities for a more affordable stay any time of the year.  Avoid Copper and Keystone if you don't want to ski- they're both built to serve skiing tourists and don't have much else to offer.  Plus, Copper is right on the highway... not very peaceful!  Keystone is our favorite mountain to ski, btw, if you DO want to ski!
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards