Catholic Weddings
Options

AW: My dress

I know we usually don't post these things over here, but I like you ladies and wanted to share :)  Plus, I'm having some dress doubts (among other things, wishing I'd gone with white not ivory) and hoping you can help me feel better?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Little Gabriel: BFP 7/12/11~EDD 3/21/12, miscarried 8/24/11 at 10w

Re: AW: My dress

• Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    oooh! It looks gorgeous to me! I love the lace! :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    garzalgarzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a beautiful dress!!  Why are you regretting going with ivory?  I think you made a GREAT choice :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    IrishcurlsIrishcurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, don't regret the ivory! Maybe it looks different in the lighting but I think it looks great on you!! Love the lace. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the lace, the dress is gorgeous, and I think the ivory looks great on you. No need to have doubts in my mind. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, GORGEOUS.  You probably didn't intend this, but its very reminiscent of Kate's royal wedding gown.

I love dresses with sleeves and lace.  Very elegant... without looking dated or anything.  
    And I like the color.  Maybe it is the lighting... but it looks like a nice light ivory.

SaveSave
  • Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous!!!!  Not too many people can wear bright white (if that's what you're referring to).  I'm sure the ivory looks better on you :).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It looks lovely.  Put any doubts to the back of your mind, because this is beautiful.

And thanks for sharing the pictures!
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think it's gorgeous.  And I am partial to lace sleeves, lol.  Very pretty.  No regrets!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me just add my votes...both you and the dress look gorgeous, very sweet!

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pretty! It looks really good on you :)
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!
    I think the lighting in the store and the fact that she had a lot of *white* dresses and accesories and not so much ivory just made it seem very very off white. Well, I'm hoping so anyway :)  That and I think just the tradition of wearing white. I know ivory is considered a shade of white or whatever, but I've had a few friends who had white and not ivory dresses specifically because white symbolizes purity, and I also had one friend get an ivory dress because she was pregnant and felt wrong getting white.

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling a bit better now. I think I need to get the bustle changed too (see post over on "attire" board if you care...) and I'm stressed about that because the seamstress is 4.5 hours away, so I'll only have one more chance to see the seamstress again and she'll only have one more chance to get it right...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! I think ivory is so much prettier, and less harsh on skin tones than white. You made a great choice! I envision myself wearing a lace gown with sleeves, so yours is perfect in my eyes. :)
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love your dress 100%.  The train and lace are beautiful!  All lace should be off-white or ivory, in my opinion.  It can have a vintage feel.  Lace that's snow white looks very unnatural, like it was machine-made.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!  Ivory is always a beautiful choice :)  I'm a huge fan of the lace jacket, too!!  My engaged roommate is trying to get one made right now to go with her dress... I should show her your picture! 
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the ivory with the lace.  Don't regret it, it's gorgeous!  St. Pat's will make a beautiful backdrop to compliment it too! :D
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think people follow the white=purity anymore. I definitely think that your best bet is to go with the color that compliments your skin tone. I think this is what most people do. I went with a dress that's color is called "gold". Don't worry, It's just another off-white, but it's really what looks right with my skin tone. I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Katie - if it makes you feel better, brides don't actually wear white to symbolize purity.  They wear it because Queen Victoria did.  A white dress was something only the wealthy could afford, so it was both stylish and something to aspire to.

And especially in this day and age, I don't think anyone is going to analyze the shade of your dress to determine your purity.  I'm actually surprised you saw so many white gowns in stores.  I saw very few - almost everything was ivory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, KatieAnn - let me know what you do with your bustle (just saw your post on Attire and Accessories).  I'd even like pictures when you figure it out.  I am wearing Casablanca 1847, which is a lace dress fairly similar to yours, and I have no idea what kind of bustle I want.
  • Options
    katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress is absolutely beautiful! I think the ivory looks great. Mine is ivory too, and when you're not around a billion other wedding dresses in diamond white, it will look white.
  • Options
    Hope61Hope61 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone :) I'm feeling tons better. Now just to get the bustle figured out! Meg, I'll try to remember--I won't see the seamstress until the 21st, so at the earliest I'll see the finished bustle in mid-June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous!
    Anniversary

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the color representing purity.  I don't analyze a bride's sexual intregrity by the color of their dress.  I don't think anyone does, either.

I am Asian so I chose ivory, which compliments the gold understones of my skin.  Most brides look best in a shade of off-shite.  I find snow white to be harsh on the majority except for many Africans/African-Americans; I love how they pull off snow white gorgeously.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards