Wedding Etiquette Forum

Chit chat, anyone?

Anyone around?  It's so gorgeous out today.  H and I had a good run and some good shooting.  H made a few little corrections to my stance and grip and it made a ton of difference.  Now I just have to find a gun I want.  I've been really liking his Glock 29, which is shocking because it's such a big caliber gun. 

What are you lovely ladies up to this evening?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Chit chat, anyone?

• Evening!

FI and I have a great weekend of tubing and kayaking down the river and enjoying some good BBQ for our friend's birthday. And I'm super happy that my super-diligent application of sunscreen all weekend paid off - you can't even tell that I was outside all weekend as my skin is still pasty see-through. Yes!

I haven't gone shooting in a long time and I'd like to get my own gun sooner or later too. I like revolvers myself.
  • Evening! It's lovely here too. We were suppose to grill out for dinner but I feel crappy and FI is tired so we're ordering our weekly Chinese instead. 

I'm kinda trying to do schoolwork since all I've done this weekend is search for apartments in Raleigh and work. I hate schoolwork sometimes. 
  • Today was spent relaxing with a little bit of cleaning and shopping in between. I found a cute dress so that is always good. Right now he is playing is video game and I've been emailing vendors questions about the wedding.

I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow but at the same time I'm not ready.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Evening. I'm watching South Park while the boys nap. I napped for a while i had almost no energy today. I have no idea why but everytime I sat down I fell asleep. I also got kicked in the face trying to get the LO down for a nap.

We may go for a walk later though.

J, I liked my friends Glock 40 better than my H XDM 9mm.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Aryn, how much longer are you in school for?
  • Aryn - I know you've probably mentioned this, but what are you going to school for?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:849cb2e5-da36-406a-9899-b6b68fc50a1f">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, how much longer are you in school for?
    Posted by goobersinlove[/QUOTE]

<div>Less than 2 months! I squeeled while typing that :) </div>
  • I'm super tired too, C.  I don't know why.  I shot an XD a few months ago and didn't care for it much.  I'm mostly surprised because the 29 is a 10mm.  It packs a hell of a punch.

• Evening! 

We moved my dresser and most of my clothes over to the apartment today, went swimming at the apartment complex's pool with FI, my parents and brother and cooked dinner for them. It was awesome because we were able to use some of FFIL's ground beef he gave us from the cow he purchased. Best beef ever.

I'm totally not ready to go to work tomorrow. All I want to do is get ready for this awesome wedding that's quickly approaching. (12 days!!!)

FI just made a reservation for the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney for the first day we get down there on this awesome app a couple of our friends bragged about. It's getting more real by the second!
  • Hey ladies.  J I want to go shooting really bad.  H wants to get guns when he gets home.  I was so so on it til he sent me a link with a ton of small pink guns and I was sold.  I might want a different color instead, but yeah, I want a colored one.  

I'm eating a chicken salad right now and watching Storage Wars.  I didn't do too much today, just cut my backyard then had a margarita on the deck.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • degrees in psych and Hispanic studies. I also finished a minor in child development. But I hope to go to grad school for nutrition because why not. 
  • The XDM that H has holds 19 rounds in the mag and it was just overall too heavy for me I think. Whereas the Glock only held 9.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Midge, that's so exciting! I love Rainforest Cafe and Disney! 
  • Haha, Beachy.  You can even get pink camo guns. 

• My H's uncle owns a pink 22.
  • brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Fiance made steak, corn on the cob, and sweet potato fries for dinner.  It was so yummy!  I made a pretty good dent in my thank you notes from my bridal shower and now we are watching The Woman in Black.  I haven't seen a scary movie in awhile so I hope its actually scary :)

Edit: Just realized I used the word "good" three times in this post.  Apparently my vocabulary is lacking today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:9d4226c8-4cc0-4fbb-8f64-f75090ccfe17">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The XDM that H has holds 19 rounds in the mag and it was just overall too heavy for me I think. Whereas the Glock only held 9.
    Posted by SoundersChick[/QUOTE]

We have a Beretta M9 that's a 9mm, and it holds 17 rounds (I think?  Maybe 15), and it's still nice and light and easy to handle, even with my small hands.  It's been my favorite up until recently.

• Oh and when H told me he wanted to get guns I made him first promise me he wouldn't shoot me in my sleep with it first, then I agreed.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • It sounds interesting Aryn. I remember you talking about it now.

Midge - If you have any questions about Disney, let me know. I'm not an expert but I can try. You are so close!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not interested in shooting guns at all. FI went once last year and enjoyed it. He can go with my dad and brother some time. 

• If I were to ever get a gun (which I won't because I'm jumpy and would probably shoot FI thinking he was an intruder at night) I would paint it green and stencil it with flowers. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:18f4f524-83dc-4a43-9f4e-927b450e719d">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and when H told me he wanted to get guns I made him first promise me he wouldn't shoot me in my sleep with it first, then I agreed.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

A good promise to get, for sure ;)  i definitely try  not to startle H in his sleep since the Glock lives next to the bed.  Luckily he's a heavy sleeper. 

• Haha, you girlie gun people are silly.  Black and/or silver/gray for me.

• Aryn, congrats on almost being done with school! Thats so exciting.  What do you want to do with your degree?  It sounds interesting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:eb8eeb42-9e26-4188-89e4-dff6e82e1f75">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fiance made steak, corn on the cob, and sweet potato fries for dinner.  It was so good!  I made a pretty good dent in my thank you notes from my bridal shower and now we are watching <strong>The Woman in Black.</strong>  I haven't seen a scary movie in awhile so I hope its good :)
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]
     <div>FI and I loved that movie! It's an old-fashioned horror movie and I loved it. I legitimately jumped and screamed in the theater at one point. I don't normally do that because I love scary movies. It was fantastic. </div><div>
    </div><div>I wasn't too thrilled with the ending, but I didn't let that ruin how much I loved the rest of it. You're going to need to make sure to pay attention!</div>
  • We're finally watching the last couple episodes of Community, and the 8bit episode is the second most genius thing I've ever seen on TV.  Second to the Timeline episode. 

• Well H wants me to carry it "on my person" as he says, especailly when I am out late and he's not home or something.  So if that's the case I want a cute little colored one for my purse.  But I'm sure whatever one we get for by the bed will be black or silver.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:b4f5e693-805f-4b88-bc17-50a7f896fd20">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn, congrats on almost being done with school! Thats so exciting.  What do you want to do with your degree?  It sounds interesting.
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I actually plan on being a full time nanny for the next year while I study and take the GRE and go to grad school for nutrition. I think with the psych and child development background I would love to do prenatal and child nutrition. </div>
  • The gun I wanted had a pearlescent handle but was black for the rest of it.

Yay to being almost done with school Aryn!
  • Stage, the expense for one gun and ammo (depending on the caliber) can be fairly reasonable, but the problem comes when you want another, and another, and another, and another....

Two years ago we had no guns.  We now have 8.  I think they're procreating in the closet when we're sleeping.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards