Wisconsin
Options

dresses

I found a dress at eva's bridal in oak creek. I absolutely love the dress besides they only had it in a blush color. But the problem is I want to try to find a picture of it online so I can see it in white, and Evas will not say anything about the dress until you pay for it. And I want to see it first because it is a very expensive dress. Any suggestions on how I could find it online? Like does anyone know who their typical designers are? Or what is another shop that carries a lot of the same dresses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011

It is so weird to me that they won't tell you anyone about the dress until you pay for it. I get that they don't want you to find it cheaper somewhere else, but wouldn't it be better for business if they would just do a price match? I would NEVER buy something without knowing anything about it other than what it looks like. Especially not my wedding dress.

WHACK!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same situation! The place I went wouldn't tell me anything about my dress until I ordered it. I was upset about it but was in love with the damn dress! I acutally snuck a picture of the dress and researched online. Trust me, it was hard to get that picture because the lady never left me alone with it. After I got the picture, a friend, my mom and I spent hours/days looking for it online.

Can you get any more information about the dress? Maybe the designer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the thing, they price match!!! So why not offer up who the designer is and if the customer finds it who cares you still get the business then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They won't even give me the designer name. At least then I could look at the designers site. I guess I'll keep going through every designer I can think of!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely seems shady to me.  I went to Tres Chic in Menomonee Falls today, and they are the same way.  They take the designer tags out of the dresses and won't let you take pictures.  However, I found one of the dresses here: tomsbridal.info
    This website shows prices and everything (and it's an actual brick and mortar store).  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If they price match what is the point of hiding the designer & price from their customer. I guess they want to make it really hard for you to find the same dress cheaper else where? Jerks.
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's just how Eva's operates.  I took a picture of my dress and we all searched and search for it online. 
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been searching like crazy and I can not find the dress. I've been searching every designer I can think of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:aba0248d-8f6c-4bbd-8484-47b4a64e7484Post:8e5b2c12-ea9c-4529-a55c-39e4c660e552">Re: dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]That definitely seems shady to me.  I went to Tres Chic in Menomonee Falls today, and they are the same way.  They take the designer tags out of the dresses and won't let you take pictures.  However, I found one of the dresses here: tomsbridal.info This website shows prices and everything (and it's an actual brick and mortar store).  HTH!
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

thanks for letting me know abot Tres Chic- i have an appt there and i think i'm going to cancel. i'm going to ask if i can at least take pictures. if they say no, then i'm not going to go. thanks for the heads up.
    sincerely, rebecca
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, most stores do not let you take photos or let you know who the designer is if it's not exclusive to their shop. 

OP, do you have a picture of the dress?  Maybe we can help.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vera's Bridal in Madison is happy to let you take pictures, help you take pictures, write down the names of your favorites, and pretty much anything else you want. I highly recommend them-none of this nonsense.
    What has four thumbs and is totally stoked about getting married? These people!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A girl at my work recommended veras, I think I may just have to take a trip out there. I have still been looking online for months now for the dress and can't find it. I wish I had gotten a picture of it but the lady was always around and I was with my mom and grandma (not too tech savvy!) I took a couple months off panning so now I've got to get back into it and looking for that dress!  Thanks for all your comments and help!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards