Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Two Ceremonies

I am of Thai decent and my fiance is a Westener.  We are planning to have two wedding ceremonies, the first being a thai ceremony and the next day we wanted to have a christian ceremony.  How should I set up the invitations?  I was hoping to fit both ceremonies on one invitation, but how would that work?

Re: Two Ceremonies

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but you might want to ask this question on the interfaith board, it's probably fairly common over there.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    If I had to guess, and this is purely speculation because I haven't seen it anywhere, I would say (depending on who is hosting, etc):

The honour of your presence is requested
    during the Thai and Christian marriage ceremonies of
    Bride
    and
    Groom

Church name
    address
    date

and

Church name
    address
    date

Receptions to follow
  • Options
    We had two ceremonies for our wedding.
    Japanese American - which was in the park
    and a
    Thai Wedding Ceremony

On the invite, we only mentioned the one that was first - the Japanese one.  Since I modified our Thai Water Cermony (no monks or performed in the morning), we followed the Japanese one right after.

Then, when people arrived at the Japanese Ceremony, I placed the information about the Thai water ceremony in the program with a map to where it would be (which was the same place as our reception).  Since more than half the attendees never heard of the Thai Water Ceremony, it was neat for them to see and participate in (if they were older than us).

Since your planning to have it on 2 different days, I would put both on the invitation. Are you inviting everyone to both? Usually the Thai one is close family and freinds (in front of the Pra). 

You can contact me if you have questions. I made our invitations and programs, etc.  You can see a photo on our wedding website.
    Hopefully this helps.
    good luck!
    charlayne

PS. on the food, we had mainly american food for the entrees (family style). the appetizers during the cocktail hour had influences from japan and thailand.  Japanese influece - sashimi scallop on a cucumber (amazing!)
    Thai influence - Noodles with Satay Sauce (vegetarian) and Thai meatballs on a stick
  • Options
    You can do a two column invitation, or look for a 4 panel pocketfold on cardsandpockets.com.  Basically, everybody gets one invite packet, and it has two invitations in it.  Google for invitations in multiple languages - you can use that same concept, just for separate ceremonies.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards