Ohio-Toledo
Options

Alterations

Hello all.  I am getting married June 12th so I guess it is time for me to be thinking of where to get my alterations done.  I was going to do it at Atlas, where I got my dress, but they seemed a little expensive for alterations.  I have checked into Janes Perfect Fit alterations but I have not yet heard back from them.  I left a message and have not received a call back yet.  Anyone use them in the past?  How long does it take to get back?  I called last Wednesday and haven't heard anything and I didn't want to a pest and keep calling and leaving messages.  I see they are by appointment only so I assume they will not answer their calls frequently.  Anyone use them in the past or are going to use them for alterations?  When should I look to get my first fitting for a June 12th wedding?  Does the alteration place offer under the dress things like a slip, spanx, etc?  Suggestions and help please.  TIA

Re: Alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Jane's, but I (and many other marrieds around here) had my alterations done by Pam Thomas.  She works in Maumee and does an AWESOME job for great prices!  She also sells veils but I don't know about slips/crinolines.  Her number is 419-893-4696.  She did my wedding gown and a BM dress and I'm having her do two BM dresses this year, too.  :)

I think you can wait until mid-April for your first fitting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Jane for my alterations and she was amazing.  My dress fit like a glove.  She always made late evening appointments for me and I got my veil from her.  She made it herself and at a great price.

She'd called me back within a day or two so I'm thinking she either didn't get your message or she's out of town.  There was one time it took her about a week to get back to me because she had a death in the family.  You could always call back and say you weren't sure if she got your message or not, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards