• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Ohio-Toledo

Alterations

Hello all.  I am getting married June 12th so I guess it is time for me to be thinking of where to get my alterations done.  I was going to do it at Atlas, where I got my dress, but they seemed a little expensive for alterations.  I have checked into Janes Perfect Fit alterations but I have not yet heard back from them.  I left a message and have not received a call back yet.  Anyone use them in the past?  How long does it take to get back?  I called last Wednesday and haven't heard anything and I didn't want to a pest and keep calling and leaving messages.  I see they are by appointment only so I assume they will not answer their calls frequently.  Anyone use them in the past or are going to use them for alterations?  When should I look to get my first fitting for a June 12th wedding?  Does the alteration place offer under the dress things like a slip, spanx, etc?  Suggestions and help please.  TIA

Re: Alterations

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Jane's, but I (and many other marrieds around here) had my alterations done by Pam Thomas.  She works in Maumee and does an AWESOME job for great prices!  She also sells veils but I don't know about slips/crinolines.  Her number is 419-893-4696.  She did my wedding gown and a BM dress and I'm having her do two BM dresses this year, too.  :)

I think you can wait until mid-April for your first fitting.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Jane for my alterations and she was amazing.  My dress fit like a glove.  She always made late evening appointments for me and I got my veil from her.  She made it herself and at a great price.

She'd called me back within a day or two so I'm thinking she either didn't get your message or she's out of town.  There was one time it took her about a week to get back to me because she had a death in the family.  You could always call back and say you weren't sure if she got your message or not, etc.
    TTC #1 since May 2010

9/10 and 1/11 Normal blood work

2/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN

4/11 50 mg Clomid = BFN

5/11 100 mg Clomid = BFN

6/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN

7/11 2.5 mg Femara = BFN

SA normal and HSG all clear

11/11 14 HMG shots with HCG trigger = BFN

12/11 Femara + HMG = BFP!!

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/qqd76f.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.