Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning!

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the Ts&Ps

Steph, someone turned off the a/c in our building all weekend so Monday was terrible - hot and sticky and just gross.  Then we all came in on Tuesday to little ice chips on the vents because it never shut off.  Crazy. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:a81206c7-12d5-4ce9-ab6a-e75d7e9a21a5">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : oh, okay...yeah, I have no idea what cut they were and I can guarantee my husband won't know...he barely remembers what he did yesterday! Sorry I can't be more helpful!
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>No problem- normally this wouldn't even be my responsibility, Fiance just doesn't have time to look.  Thanks for responding either way!</div>
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:da5ade62-e4b5-4e61-8626-dc27ac60875f">Re:Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good Morning!: Steph, do you have any nursery or baby related projects you've been wanton to do?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Hanging some pictures, but that's about it. I suppose if I get really motivated I could start washing all the cloth diapers and clothes... but I wanted to wait until after my other shower and do it all at once.

BUT that does remind me. I need to get new pictures of the house on facebook. I'm hoping people don't think our house still looks the same as it did a year ago. (orange carpet, nasty old appliances, torn up yard, etc.) Maybe I'll really clean and take some new pictures.
  • Options
    Morning ladies! I finally took my ring to get sized yesterday after having it almost a year. I feel so naked without it. I keep having momentary panic attacks when I realize it is not on my hand and then I remember where it is. I have had a couple of close calls with losing it so I'm always on high alert.

My FI will also be gone tonight, so I am going to have a girls' night with some friends.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning from the beach. H and I are at the coast with one of my friends and FIL. MIL is coming down today, supposedly, which should get interesting FIL and MIL are "divorced"; too long of a story for typing on mobile Hope y'all have a great day :
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Mmmmmm cookie for breakfast!
  • Options
    Thanks djhar!
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Options
    Crap...we just got a quote back for the granite for our kitchen and it was for $4100! That's over at least 1k over what I had budgeted. Apparently it's because they will need to use two slabs to get what we need size wise...now I have to go get other quotes to see what else we might be able to finnagle...boo...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:69f9f081-a792-4efc-97e0-fb93481278f0">Re:Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Good Morning! : Hanging some pictures, but that's about it. I suppose if I get really motivated I could start washing all the cloth diapers and clothes... but I wanted to wait until after my other shower and <strong>do it all at once.</strong> BUT that does remind me. I need to get new pictures of the house on facebook. I'm hoping people don't think our house still looks the same as it did a year ago. (orange carpet, nasty old appliances, torn up yard, etc.) Maybe I'll really clean and take some new pictures.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

That is probably good thinking! 

I have a ton of friends cloth diapering right now.  I think it is going to start becoming more popular than disposable at this rate.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.

I slept like craap last night, weird dreams that I have very vague memories of, kept waking me up. So, I'm just sipping coffee and trying to get enthusiastic about looking for a photog and DJ.

• Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Not much going on besides the usual work, no plans for the weekend, need to get my ass in gear stuff.

We're switching from getting paid twice a month to every other Friday, and HR keeps reminding people that our checks are going to be smaller.  Well, DUH! - we're going to get 26 instead of 24 in a year.  It's going to be nice to get paid 3x in November.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Good Morning!:[QUOTE]Good morning, ladies.Not much going on besides the usual work, no plans for the weekend, need to get my ass in gear stuff.We're switching from getting paid twice a month to every other Friday, and HR keeps reminding people that our checks are going to be smaller.nbsp; Well,nbsp;DUH! we're going to get 26 instead of 24 in a year.nbsp; It's going to be nice to get paid 3x in November. Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Its usually june and november that I get 3 pays. Best months of the year
  • Options

Our next 3X month is August! I forgot that it was coming up so soon.  FI is also getting a bonus at work and we both get excess money from scholarships in September so we should be debt free in two months (aside from my car).

imageVacation
  • Options
    Edie- I can't remember exactly but are you guys house hunting now or waiting for next year? I remember that house you posted and it was adorable.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    I'm going to adjust the budget to ignore those two extra paydays, so they're going to be nice extras (in addition to my annual bonus).
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:7c0bf06a-dd7d-4d57-8612-8d09cc7b2589">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : We have to wait until next year :(
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I regret looking yesterday at homes for sale in our area.  I really want to buy but I also want to enjoy having no debt so I can put more in savings. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:eb673127-90d4-4069-a81a-f3d7df18e6c9">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to adjust the budget to ignore those two extra paydays, so they're going to be nice extras (in addition to my annual bonus).
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

that's our plan too. this year is my first year with 26 pay days, and it is weird that it feels like "extra money". We are hoping to take a trip to Hilton Head/Savannah  GA with our next extra paycheck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:eb673127-90d4-4069-a81a-f3d7df18e6c9">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to adjust the budget to ignore those two extra paydays, so they're going to be nice extras (in addition to my annual bonus).
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Good morning, Les.</div><div>
    </div><div>FI does this, he just deposits it in savings. We're using some of it to pay for the wedding.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:9c328787-e149-49db-abce-4ad357b67822">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : Exactly.  I know we will get there eventually (eta: house buying).  Also, H will graduate in May so I want to wait to buy until then anyways.

I'm graduating in May and then FI will graduate (hopefully!) the May after that.  We could buy a much bigger house if we wait for him to graduate and have a paycheck equivalent to mine but I just want a cute little starter house that I can do projects to and fix up.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Were planning to buy a house in 2014. Its a pain in the ass to accept waiting that long but I want a sizeable downpayment and were only about halfway there, and I want our debt totally gone. I still look but more to reassure myself there are houses I would like in our price range.
  • Options
    I only wanted a definite 10% but maybe having more would be better.  I just don't want to deplete our whole account in case something happens right after that.  Then again, I could just wait longer too.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I feel the same way edie, I want to buy one home and live there a long time. I don't want a starter, I just want a home. Preferably in the country with a fair bit of property. Room to grow. I can't see myself buying right in the city with neighbors and shite.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to Re:Good Morning!:[QUOTE]I only wanted a definite 10 but maybe having more would be better.nbsp; I just don't want to deplete our whole account in case something happens right after that.nbsp; Then again, I could just wait longer too. Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    Here, first time buyers can take their dp out of their RRSPs tax free and use that. That's where our DP is being saved and other savings are in another account.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:ef855bc2-2f16-477c-b4f0-5ff50cd1821d">Re:Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel the same way edie, I want to buy one home and live there a long time.<strong> I don't want a starter, I just want a home.</strong> Preferably in the country with a fair bit of property. Room to grow. I can't see myself buying right in the city with neighbors and shite.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I can see that.  Our dream is to eventually build when we both know we have settled in the area we intend to be forever.  We are up in the air on whether we want to live here or 3 horus away by his family. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Good morning... enjoying the posts, but I have nothing snarky to contribute and stir the pot with  unfortunately.  :-(
    Counting Down the Days... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:9d42aa03-e229-476b-a4da-2dfc29652b7a">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning... enjoying the posts, but I have nothing snarky to contribute and stir the pot with  unfortunately.  :-(
    Posted by MerAndTrick[/QUOTE]

<div>You could try just contributing like a normal human being.  I hear it works well.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:bbcf87f3-d7b1-4896-9a8c-fed439840574">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : You could try just contributing like a normal human being.  I hear it works well.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>Infinitely less fun... but how about this:</div><div>
    </div><div>It's better to take longer and save for a down payment on a house than tax it out of a retirement account.  That money is worth infinitely more by staying in a retirement fund.  The rates are good right now, but I think they will stay good for another year or two, so no harm in waiting.</div><div>
    </div><div>We just went through a real estate fiasco on the other side.  Both the FH and I owned houses when we got engaged.  So we rented out mine, and I moved in with him.  Earlier this year we decided, oh "lets sell both of them, but a new one, AND plan a wedding in the same year on top of two full time jobs AND training to try and make state championships for weightlifting... yeah that's COMPLETELY do-able!"  Dumb ass move of the century right there on our part.  We've sol his, but we've had three delays trying to get to closing!  We FINALLY and HOPEFULLY close next week...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:84d46150-d4ee-476e-ad09-438bb165433c">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Brandi what are your plans for your bparty? Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Dinner/lingerie party at Bravo and going downtown to the River Market to go to a piano bar.  If there is anything else, I don't know yet.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:37f824e1-b28f-409d-a497-8c275fa7f624">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : I was aware of that, and quite frankly, I think taking money out of retirement for a house of all things is dumb.  If there are good reasons to take money out of a retirement account, I cannot think of any.

<div>Agreed... I wasn't quoting you.  Someone else was talking about taking money out tax free from retirement/ stock purchase accounts.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-260?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e9bd5ff5-5379-4e1f-adbb-21f6f03ce0faPost:3e90ce64-9654-43e7-bda5-59ea6a851776">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : In Response to Re:Good Morning! : This would be a good reason to do it.

<div>But I think that only allows up to like $10K to be drawn out before paying a penalty if it's a Roth, and up to 50% if its 401k.  But your 401k you have to pay back interest, so even without the tax brden its almost like a second loan.  And if it's against your 401k and you leave your job for a new company, some cases require you to pay it back immediately.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I've never done it, so I don't know all of the details, but I still don't think it's a good idea.  Better to wait and not sacrifice some of the best, long-term earning years on your retirement funds for getting a house a year or two sooner.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards