Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Weird Confessions

Inspired by some of the funny confessions on KPS today.

Mine:  I'm really scared of fish.  Which is weird, because I'm not scared of snakes or spiders... just fish.  I love water and I love boats and I love the ocean, but I won't swim in it because I don't want a fish to touch me.  The idea FREAKS ME OUT.  I also hate the feel of the bottom of the ocean.  It's so slimy. 

I don't care for birds, either.  I feel like they're smarter than they let on.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Weird Confessions

• Options
    I'm terrified of falling.  Even just off the couch.  FI will make like he's going to shove me off and I cling for dear life.
  • Options
    I am terrified of lobsters.  I have no idea why.  I don't even like looking at them, alive or dead.

My BIL/SIL want us to come over to their place for Mothers' Day with my MIL, and have lobster.  I can't really say no, I won't go, but I am dreading seeing them on the plates.  I realize this is stupid.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    i, um.  watched all the twilight movies 2 weeks ago.  and since have been replaying them all.  over and over.  and i read breaking dawn.

they're not good movies.  but i'm just so addicted.

/confession

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Bay, I can eat lobster tails, but I cannot handle a whole one.  My coworker ordered one at dinner one night (huge one) and at one point made it look at me.  My skin is crawling thinking about it.
  • Options
    The thought of fish touching me in water freaks me out.  Actually anything touching me in water freaks me out.  I think it's because you're basically helpless in the water.  I went swimming with manatees once, and thought it was the coolest thing ever until one swam by me in murky water and brushed my leg.  I freaked and went back to the boat and never got back in.

I am deathly afraid of slugs.  As in I will flip my sh!t and run away if I see one.  The first time we went to the dog park here the trail was covered in slugs, and I wigged.  I tiptoed the entire half mile each way on the trail, and screamed about 50 times probably.  H thinks I'm a weirdo.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used to feel the same way about fish.  Like it would be so gross and scaly if they touched me, and what if the scales rubbed off on my leg or something and they died and I was swimming with a bunch of dead fish.  I've gotten a little better.  I did a snorkeling trip in high school that involved swimming with fish, but I got to wear a thick, full body wetsuit, so I wasn't worried about them touching my skin (only worried about eels wrapping themsleves around my leg).  Ewww eels. 
  • Options
    I was at a friends' house once, and they had lobster.  I had to go out into the other room to take a phone call.  While I was talking, I felt something on my arm.  One of my idiot friends had taken his lobster's antennae and was running it up and down my arm.  OMG.

I screamed and made a total ass of myself.  I can't stand those things.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Options
    This is weird, but I can't stand the word "meal." Hearing it makes me cringe - it just sounds odd. All I can think about is mealworms, and it just grosses me out!
  • Options
    I probably would have done the same thing, if I were you, Bay.
  • Options
    With the exception of halloween, I cannot handle people dressed up as things. Clowns, Mickey and Minnie at Disney, Mimes. Whatever. Can't do it. I turn around as soon as I see them. Halloween doesn't bother me though and around halloween I can hack it. Otherwise, I get a horrible feeling in my stomach.

There was a guy dressed as Santa at a work party once and my boss had to push me past him so I could go in the room. We took a picture with Santa and I was shaking and had to get away from him. If my boss hadn't requested we take the pic for our FB page I wouldn't have gone near him.
  • Options
    The ocean doesn't bother me (except when seaweed wraps around my feet and toes), but OMG - the LAKE. I must see the bottom, people. There's no telling what's down there. Slime, algae, goo, trash, snakes, fish.... Jason - you just don't know. No lake swimming for me, unless it's a clear lake.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I'm scared of earwigs...like more than cockroaches
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WildRumpusWildRumpus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2011
    I'm terrified of possums.

I will wear jeans 5 or 6 times before I wash them.

I will, on occasion, eat something off the floor if I just dropped it

I have somewhat OCD tendencies when it comes to washing my hands

I understand that numbers 2 & 3 make no sense when paired with number 4..
  • Options
    I like to sniff my H's armpits. Not BO armpits, but deodorized armpits.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:acfbc9b4-50c0-4c38-845e-c05d084f9d7b">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]The ocean doesn't bother me (except when seaweed wraps around my feet and toes), but OMG - the LAKE. I must see the bottom, people. There's no telling what's down there. Slime, algae, goo, trash, snakes, fish.... Jason - you just don't know. No lake swimming for me, unless it's a clear lake.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

When I went to overnight camp, I told my swim teacher I had a pulled muscle in my neck for an entire month so I wouldn't have to learn how to dive into the murky lake.  I was ok with swimming in the lake and staying near the surface, but I was not diving into the unknown. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:06671752-d42f-49a5-9aee-a69b729883bd">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]HOLY GORGEOUS, TIGERS.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww thank you! My mom took that right before the photographer showed up to take our engagement pictures</div>
  • Options
    I learned how to swim in a massive lake, so seaweed and fish don't bother me. *shrug* I've also been waterskiing in about 85 feet of river water, so yeah. Birds are weird, though. I don't like them. I also hate monkeys.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:2555a794-6f6e-4299-9ce6-552f80a339fa">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to sniff my H's armpits. Not BO armpits, but deodorized armpits.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Me too!!! I do this a lot actually. Especially if we're laying in bed. He finds it weird, but it smells soooo good.

We're weird, GA!
  • Options
    MANDYPANTS ♥
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    Ditto Mery.  I learned to swim in fresh water, so fish were in abundance.  One nibbled my brother's toes, once.  He hates us retelling that story.
  • Options

Cotton balls.  Cannot be near them. 

• Options
    I only grow hair on the front of my calves, nowhere else on my legs.

I constantly imagine car crashes when I'm driving.  They're super vivid and sometimes I see all the way through to my family being notified and my funeral.  It's so morbid.  I think I just have an overactive imagination.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have twelve pairs of shoes in my office. I don't know why, they just accumulate.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:4925d2be-3500-4f9c-90fd-e98a77c9a825">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I learned how to swim in a massive lake, so seaweed and fish don't bother me. *shrug* I've also been waterskiing in about 85 feet of river water, so yeah. Birds are weird, though. I don't like them. I also hate monkeys.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I guess my view is pretty skewed too, because I go swimming in the Niagara River off the boats and waterskiing and stuff.  And I waiterski off Sherkston.  But whenever I am in the deep water I kick around a lot to scare off fish.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:83704b53-7031-41e7-8b0c-2eec5539c53d">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weird Confessions : Me too!!! I do this a lot actually. Especially if we're laying in bed. He finds it weird, but it smells soooo good. We're weird, GA!
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

We can't help that they smell manly!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:65a872a5-031e-45a4-8cb4-933911400aae">Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Inspired by some of the funny confessions on KPS today. Mine:  I'm really scared of fish.  Which is weird, because I'm not scared of snakes or spiders... just fish.  I love water and I love boats and I love the ocean, but I won't swim in it because I don't want a fish to touch me.  The idea FREAKS ME OUT.  I also hate the feel of the bottom of the ocean.  It's so slimy.  I don't care for birds, either.  I feel like they're smarter than they let on.
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

I totally could've written this whole thing. I definitely agree, Kiki.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:58deaeeb-8d40-47b4-9f1d-3c6670c0576f">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cotton balls.  Cannot be near them. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

<div>I hate when they use cotton balls at the dentist.  It irks me out to have them in my mouth (that's what she said).  Shoot me with all the needles you need, drill my teeth for hours, just don't stick cotton in there.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:8a6da2a1-f206-4084-a8b4-0e4de0818530">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only grow hair on the front of my calves, nowhere else on my legs. I constantly imagine car crashes when I'm driving.  They're super vivid and sometimes I see all the way through to my family being notified and my funeral.  It's so morbid.  I think I just have an overactive imagination.
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

You're not alone :(  I do this too.  Sometimes I cringe and get a headache from the imagined impact. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_weird-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3af44dc-45d1-4bc8-a87b-f34707e46332Post:2555a794-6f6e-4299-9ce6-552f80a339fa">Re: Weird Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to sniff my H's armpits. Not BO armpits, but deodorized armpits.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]
    Me too. His deoderant smells good ::shrugs::
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards