Connecticut
Options

Hotels w/ Shuttle Service?

Anyone know of any hotels that also provide shuttle service for guests?  Does this kind of thing even exist?  I'm having a small wedding and would like to be able to provide transportation for my guests to and from the reception if possible. 

I'm starting to look for hotels in the Middletown/Glastonbury area and it'd be nice if I could kill two birds with one stone.

thanks!

Re: Hotels w/ Shuttle Service?

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of a hotel doing it for a wedding.  They'll occasionally do it for airports, but I don't think they'd do that for a wedding.  You'd have to hire one.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of hotels offering this for weddings but usually it is limited...as in one trip to drop off and one trip to pick up and bring back. And usually the shuttle only holds 6-8 people. That was the case for us at the Courtyard Marriot in Shelton. I think if we wanted the shuttle for the whole evening we would have had to pay, but even so that would have been a LOT of round trips if they only carried 6-8 people at a time. We ended up adding a 15 person van to our limo package to do this instead.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, there are hotels that offer this, but there are usually conditions like PP said... only one run, small vehicle or they'll only go a certain distance from the hotel.  I think it's not something that's consistent from hotel to hotel.  You just need to start looking in your area and give the hotels a call to ask them.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mlprck27mlprck27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Four Points Sheraton in Meriden, CT (about 15 from middletown) will make 2 trips to and from your reception for hotel guests.  It is part of the service they provide but the shuttle only holds 10 people.  Otherwise the Holiday Inn offers a shuttle for $375 for the day unlimited trips.  
    Otherwise try Dattco their prices weren't too bad.  $600-700 for 6 hours of unlimited service. 
    Hope this helps! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- if you can't find a hotel that will do it for you, Dattco's prices aren't bad- you'll just had to put it in your budget for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

The hotel we used has shuttle service - the Hartford/Windsor Marriott in Windsor.  The hotel was beautiful, and the service was superb. 

We actually ended up getting shuttle service through our limo company however, Lindsey Limo, and we were very happy with them overall, and their prices were pretty reasonable. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Hilton in Glastonbury offers it for $200.
    A magazine editor/bride-to-be blogging about her journey to the big day! http://www.theconnecticutbride.com/blog/the-connecticut-bride Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JGallaJGalla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone.  a friend of mine had shuttle service through her hotel, but it's nowhere near me, so thats why i asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards