Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Parents paying for the wedding

2»

Re: Parents paying for the wedding

• ashleyandcjashleyandcj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TO EVERYONE THAT POSTED:I realize that maybe I was being selfish and I apologize. I am just really stressed out over our wedding.  Our plans were to elope but our parents said they wanted to pay for our wedding.  Now things changed and its putting pressure on us.  Thank you for your thoughts and making me realize I need to calm down.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for getting it. We all want the best wedding in the world and for people to do what they say they'll do, but life gets in the way sometimes and you have to adapt. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it is no excuse but there is just so much going on all at one time. We have all the planning for the wedding and so much other stuff going on.  I really am sorry for the way I acted.  I do want the best wedding and I just felt that if I would have known this was going to happen I would have planned to elope or wait a few years and save.  We are trying to cut back on some of the things we were going to have.  Thank all of you again for making me realize that I am not the only one that goes thru this. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad you put on the big girl panties.  Everything about weddings can be stressful - especially budgets and parents - but you can have a beautiful wedding on a budget.

Let us know if there are ways we can specifically help with vendors, DIY ideas or cutting back...many of us were/are budget brides.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you got it. :)  Like KR said - let us know if you need help finding ways to cut back.  You can have a beautiful wedding on very little money.  Remember the important thing is, at the end of the day, you guys are getting married.
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to pop in and say congrats on finding the big girl panties - hopefully you can take a step back and figure out how to make it all work out.
  • LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a much better attitude to have.  The ladies on this board are full of resources for throwing a beautiful wedding on a budget, even a really tight budget. 

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Yup - ask us anything. We can help out that way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I know wedding planning can be stressful, especially on a budget.  It will all fall into place. People have planned beautiful weddings with all the bells and whistles on here for less than 5k; it can definitely be done easily!

Did you try the DJ I recommended? Have you thought about doing an iPod wedding?

Also, check out the Budget Brides board here. Those ladies know a lot of great resources.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear that you've calmed down and want to know other ways to deal with the stress.  Are you totally locked into your contract.  Can you talk to your venue and see if you can apply your deposits to a different (later) date so you can save more?  I would think with that weekend, they should be able to rebook and might be willing to negotiate, even if you lose a small percentage of your deposit.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ***kwynn ***

I emailed and called dj Jammin Jason.  I am waiting to hear back from him.  I hope it works out because he seems really good. 

I thought $795 was kinda high for a dj as well.  So maybe Jason will be lower but even if he is the same his lights are included.  The dj we looked at for $795 wanted $125 for lights.  We were just not going to have them.  Thanks for all your help everyone.
  • New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For DJs, I HIGHLY recommend Andy Hutelmyer. We loved him! We paid $450 for the night, but I think he's raised his rates since (it's been 3 years)

Anyhow, his email address is hutelmyer AT gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards