Snarky Brides
Options

Funny stuff from my mom

This is a chat session she had with Charter customer service.  Yes, it's C&P so the font will be wonky.  Deal with it.

Thank you for choosing Charter Chat Live! A Customer Care representative from Billing Inquiries will be with you shortly.
You have been connected to TTD Kristal .
EP: Hi Kristal.
TTD Kristal : Thank you for contacting Charter Communications. My name is Kristal. How can I assist you today?
EP: I need to pay my bill and reset my password
TTD Kristal : I can definitely assist you with your payment and password concern. Let me pull up your account first.
TTD Kristal : May I have the name and the phone number listed on the account as well as the service address, please?
EP: EP
EP: xxx-xxx-xxxx
EP: xxxxxxxxxx
EP: xxxxxxxxxxxx
TTD Kristal : Thank you.
TTD Kristal : May I have your security code, please? It can be found at the upper right corner of the bill.
EP: 0913
TTD Kristal : May I know who I am chatting with?
EP: This is E
TTD Kristal :
Please confirm the email address you are currently using. This can be any e-mail account that you use. We need this for future use. This will be used when we send important updates that are related to your services.
EP: ep@anymail.com
TTD Kristal : Please give me a minute as I pull up the account.
TTD Kristal : How much are you going to pay?
EP: Well, I was charged 55.07 last month and when I called about it I was told to pay it and some would be taken off my next bill. So now I apparently owe 31.37
EP: I thought it would be 29.99 a month.
EP: I guess not.
TTD Kristal : It is $29.99 for the service but once you only have the internet service there would be a $10.00 added each month.
EP: Okay. So why wasn't I credited for the 55.07 charge?
EP: The difference would be a credit of about 15.08
TTD Kristal : It has been credited already on your July bill in fact your current balance right now is $31.37 for the month of August.
EP: so i can expect to pay 31.37 + 15.08 = 46.45 for my $39.99 charge per month?
TTD Kristal : No, the current bill for this month of August is $31.37.
EP: understood. that's with an assumed credit of about 15.08
EP: correct?
TTD Kristal : You are correct.
EP: added to the 15.08 credit and 31.37 my monthly charge will be about $46
EP: for what should cost me 39.99
TTD Kristal : You're monthly rate would be $39.99.
EP: Do you understand that I was credited this month by $15 and my bill is 31.37?
EP: That does not add up to 39.99
EP: That adds up to 46.37
EP: So my question is.....What can I expect my monthly payment to be after this generous credit of NOT 15.00?
TTD Kristal : The bill last month July was $55.07, there was a credit applied for $31.92 so there is a credit left of $8.70 that has been credited to your august bill.
EP: 23.15 is the difference. Where do you get $8.70
EP: show your work
TTD Kristal : That is why your August bill is only $31.37.
EP: show your work. that math does not "add up."
EP: Nor does is subtract correctly.
EP: Hello?
EP: Kristal?
TTD Kristal : Please give me a minute, our system just went down and I am still rebooting to pull up the tool.
TTD Kristal : I apologize for the inconvenience.

Re: Funny stuff from my mom

• Options
    My favorite part is "show your work."  lolz
  • Options
    I'm so confused! I'm going to cower in the corner with my wordy books that don't have any numbers.
  • Options
    LOL! Someone doesn't understand how credits and debits work.
  • Options
    Hahaha! I kind of love your mom.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options

That's great.  "Show your work" is priceless - was/is she a teacher? 

• Options
    Ugh, sounds like my conversation with the financial aid department every semester.
  • Options
    This is great.

Although, the sad part is I don't feel like I have ever NOT had this kind of coversation with customer service reps. I am either cursed with bad service for these types of things, or there really is no one out there who grasps all facets of their customer service job.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-stuff-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:012525ac-0217-4247-a420-7d73f1158c7dPost:aeea95e1-4998-4bd1-9a17-87a17de9bd47">Re: Funny stuff from my mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's great.  "Show your work" is priceless - was/is she a teacher? 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

No, she's an engineer, which makes it even better!

Yeah Meg, I guess they assume we are all really bad at math or won't care to check behind them.  Unfortunately, I never check anything.  It's even worse now that I can pay everything online without even looking at it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-stuff-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:012525ac-0217-4247-a420-7d73f1158c7dPost:45e9fe37-8a65-4d79-9951-b63a779d1a6d">Re: Funny stuff from my mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite part is "show your work."  lolz
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Same here!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Show your work. Love it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I love your mother
    imageimage
  • Options
    This could have been my mother with the customer service center for a phone company a couple weeks ago, only it was a $50 credit and the rep was an idiot.

I'm willing to bet that my mom told her to "show her work" because she was basically being charged twice despite the credit. I know she asked if she had easy access to a calculator.
  • Options
    Now you see why I turned out like I did. 
  • Options
    krystal should've said "beep bop boop."
  • Options
    She definitely didn't show her work.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    rhonwhatever, your sn reminds me of ohwhynot's. it's going to confuse me.
  • Options
    I liked the "tool" comment. yes, it's a "tool".
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    This is so common now, that it makes me sad for the future of customer service from a consumer's perspective. I hate having to fight just to make sure that the math on my bill is right.

I also hate when call centres are outsourced to the point that there is no local office that you can deal with. I was recently fighting with a customer service rep over a modem that had been sent to me in error, and I finally just said -

"LISTEN! I will bring this modem TO YOU so that you don't have to bother trying to send me a box again. Now, can you give me directions to your local office?"

He responded, "Ma'am, I am currently in Mumbai, India. I'm certain that my office is not local to you. I shall send the request for the shipping box. Thank you!"

I actually laughed out loud at that one. I'm used to customer service reps not being willing to help, but this poor guy couldn't help me because he was in another country. I'm all for creating jobs and everything, but it can be a disservice to a company when there are geographical/language barriers that are preventing customers from doing business with them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-stuff-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:012525ac-0217-4247-a420-7d73f1158c7dPost:ee6d08b6-63bd-476f-ac3a-f4b150b9a5af">Re: Funny stuff from my mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]rhonwhatever, your sn reminds me of ohwhynot's. it's going to confuse me.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was going to mention the same thing.  Before I thought it was OWN's name but it was mysteriously scrambled for a second.
    panther
  • Options
    I like your mom, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I love it! I use the chat feature for Time Warner support all the time because their cable cards hate TiVo and their tuning adapter sucks. In one month, I called 6 times because I couldn't tune to Food Channel or TLC (crimes punishable by death in my house). THey credited me for half a month of service without me even asking. 

"SHow your work" is awesome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Rhon, you really scared me because that's my father's name.  And he's a little crazy so I wouldn't put him being on TK past him.

Um, could you post some sort of proof that you are not, in fact, my father?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-stuff-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:012525ac-0217-4247-a420-7d73f1158c7dPost:c3e46cb6-f51d-4e06-8635-45515f65c059">Re: Funny stuff from my mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is so common now, that it makes me sad for the future of customer service from a consumer's perspective. I hate having to fight just to make sure that the math on my bill is right. I also hate when call centres are outsourced to the point that there is no local office that you can deal with. I was recently fighting with a customer service rep over a modem that had been sent to me in error, and I finally just said - "LISTEN! I will bring this modem TO YOU so that you don't have to bother trying to send me a box again. Now, can you give me directions to your local office?" He responded, "Ma'am, I am currently in Mumbai, India. I'm certain that my office is not local to you. I shall send the request for the shipping box. Thank you!" I actually laughed out loud at that one. I'm used to customer service reps not being willing to help, but this poor guy couldn't help me because he was in another country. I'm all for creating jobs and everything, but it can be a disservice to a company when there are geographical/language barriers that are preventing customers from doing business with them.
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

That's how it was with my mom. She could look at the bill and see that she was charged twice for a family texting plan and that the "credit" wasn't accounted for. Plus, they had switched our phone numbers around so that my brother was the primary and I was apparently my brother and my mom was me. Yet when she explained this, the woman said it was right. Um, no, we all know our own phone numbers.

Turned out the rep wasn't even in Florida, and the people at the actual store said my mom had to call their support center to fix the bill. How exactly are issues supposed to get resolved over the phone when the rep doesn't even believe the consumer?
  • Options
    what's the name mean, if I can ask?
  • Options
    i love it....and here i thought only i had convos like this with cs....i had my coworkers in stitches the other day

amazing how the system needs to reboot after being asked to show the work  :0)
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    Love your mom! Especially the show your work.

I work at an engineering firm and one of the younger engineers was once on the phone with a contractor trying to explain something on the plans and he said "it's simple addition", we cracked up at that but I think your mom has him beat.
  • Options
    rhonwyn rings like a bell through the night and wouldn't you love to love her?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-stuff-mom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:012525ac-0217-4247-a420-7d73f1158c7dPost:0663fe80-ab95-4d09-b747-0b22fedd01a4">Re: Funny stuff from my mom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Laladypoet, I think that was Rhiannon
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]
    nuh UH!
    :)
  • Options
    Sigh.  Charter 1-Mom 0. 

TTD Kristal : I apologize for the inconvenience.
    TTD Kristal : Thank you for patiently waiting.
    EP: No problem.
    TTD Kristal : I have your account now. Please give me a minute to go over your account, okay?
    EP: k
    TTD Kristal : Yes.
    EP: Okay. Let's make this easy. I'll pay the $31.37 for the month of August, then cancel my account.
    TTD Kristal : As I've calculated your bill, there is a partial charge when you were given another promotion or discounted rate.
    EP: I'm charged for a discount? BONUS!!!
    TTD Kristal : The promotion was applied as of July 14.
    EP: I don't like being charged $10 per month because I don't own a phone or a tv. and I don't like being charged for discounts and promotions.
    EP: So I was charged a fee for a promotion?
    EP: Do you have a dollar amount for me?
    TTD Kristal : So from July 14 to July 31 was a partial charge.
    EP: .....that amounted to what dollar amount?
    EP: Okay. Let's make this easy. I'll pay the $31.37 for the month of August, then cancel my account.
    EP: You don't even have to reset my password, 'cause I just don't care anymore.
    EP: I'm offering to give you money. Hello?
    TTD Kristal : Last month you were already on the regular rate for the internet service which is $54.99.
    EP: Yup. Now I want out.
    TTD Kristal : You were given another promotion that was applied on the 14th of July.
    EP: $55 is wayyyyy to much to pay for internet.
    TTD Kristal : That is why you are given another promotion for $39.99 each month.
    EP: I would like to pay my bill. This will be the last payment.
    TTD Kristal : Do you want me to process your payment?
    EP: Is there a record of my deposit? It seems to me it was a great deal of money. Do I get that back?
    EP: Yes, process my payment.
    TTD Kristal : What will be your method of payment?
    EP: Visa
    TTD Kristal : Please provide the card number as well as the expiration date.
    EP: k
    EP: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    EP: 12/10

TTD Kristal : One moment, please.
    TTD Kristal : I have successfully processed your payment for the amount $31.37 with the confirmation number xxxx.
    TTD Kristal : Will there be anything else I can do for you today?
    EP: No. You have an extra special day, Kristal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards