Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Weekend Plans?

Can we start this? I have a half day tomorrow... Plus I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

We're visiting friends that we met on our HM at their home in St. Louis. We're going to do all sorts of awesome tourist things - check out the Arch, go on an Anheuser (sp) Brewery tour, etc. Plus, we'll just get to hang out with them for a long weekend (back Monday afternoon). I'm psyched! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are (SHOULD) go order rings!  And not sure what else.

tonight- Sushi with my friend Chris.
    Tomorrow... idk.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be in the Philly area this weekend =)  We're meeting with the priest at St. Rita's Church on Saturday.

• Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friday night - driving to my parents b/c it's my sister's b-day
    Saturday - celebrate said birthday - aka I have no idea what is planned, I'm just expected to show up.
    Sunday - driving back early and doing some laundry/cleaning

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday-  I have offically decided I am taking a personal day.  I just don't feel like coming to work tomorrow.  Weeeeee

Saturday-  house hunting it the early afternoon.  Nasty Santa party at night

Sunday- relaxing and FINALLY taking my Christmas decoration down.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Madam--Aw! That's awesome!!!

Friday...nothing.  It's going to be glorious.

Saturday... we're having a "Yay happy birthday, boo you moved to DC" dinner for one of my good friends at a sushi place.  No I will not be eating sushi.  If I feel feisty, I MIGHT try it again, but don't expect any miracles.  Then my friend who cuts my hair is turning 21 finally (I always think she's my age...but she's my sister's age!) so I'm going to meet her for a drink afterwards.

Sunday...working, as per usual.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Madam, that sounds like so much fun!  Do you keep in touch with this couple often?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This board LOVES sushi ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:f1b9b5a2-ee6a-4fc7-a607-def4f5fae4ac">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Madam, that sounds like so much fun!  <strong>Do you keep in touch with this couple often?
    </strong>Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

Just via FB/text/etc. We spent a lot of time together during our HM in Jamaica and agreed that we should "definitely get together again sometime". I kinda thought it would be one of those things you say, but never follow-up on. She emailed me to ask when we were available to fly out, we started looking for cheap flights and booked a trip! They plan to come out this way in the spring as they have never been to Philly.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madam that's awesome!

I'm going to the beach with 4 of my girlfriends! I can't wait. Friday - sunday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    >>This board LOVES sushi ;) <<

This board member does not.  Bleck.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday- date night with the hubs :)
    Saturday- DH and one of his groomsmen are playing in a poker tournament so me and his fiance with be getting sushi, drinking wine and watching a chick flick!
    Sunday- hopefully nothing!

madam- nice! have fun! st. louis is great! 
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i have a regift party on saturday and sunday birthday dinner for F-FIL
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday - I have nothing planned and that makes me extremely happy!

Saturday - Bar night with my girlfriends.

Sunday - Relaxing then taking down our damn rotating Christmas tree.

Monday - Sleeping in then probably spending the day getting wedding stuff together. 4 month mark tomorrow! Time to get serious! :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

A - that is awesome!

DH said to me the other night "so ya know this is the first Saturday in uh over a year that we have NOTHING to do. not.a.thing, no work, no parties, no planning. It is a glorious feeling!

Friday - viewing for a co-workers mom. Then maybe out for a bite to eat with DH and friends.

Saturday - my dad is going to teach me how to make golabkis. Then nada.

Sunday - mass if I don't go Saturday night then lazy Sunday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:11fa1ce5-6a68-4fd4-858b-dd8a9fc647f6">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Madam that's awesome! I'm going to the beach with 4 of my girlfriends! I can't wait. Friday - sunday.
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE] What does one do at the beach when it is cold?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:67933352-f12c-443f-9466-a8f273f43fc1">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans? : What does one do at the beach when it is cold?!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

I go down the shore every winter with my friends for a girls weekend. Hang out go to dinner bars etc. There is still life down there on the off season!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:67933352-f12c-443f-9466-a8f273f43fc1">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans? : What does one do at the beach when it is cold?!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

It's just a girls weekend. We plan to go to AC for the night saturday, but just hang out. We do one in the winter, and one in the summer. My one friends mom has a house, so we just stay in that. She gives us two weeekends a year :-)
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friday night - I have no idea, maybe I can convince DH to take me out for the second time in one week... but I'm not holding my breath!

Saturday - Checking in on Sorority Rush at Penn, possibly outlet shopping with a friend and her grad school friend who is in town visiting, and then dinner/drinks with them!

Sunday - Church in the morning, then the house hunt continues...

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Friday- Hopefully going to the gym and then making some stuff for Saturday. 

Saturday- WW weigh in and then pilates at 11.  My two college friends (one being my MOH) and her boyfriend are coming to visit.  We are going to watch the Steelers game and then go out.

Sunday-  Hanging out with my friends and if they leave earlier going to the gym and hopefully getting my FI to look at tuxes.

Monday- Meeting with my friend's other BMs and finishing the favors for my friend's shower.  I'm going to spin also. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know.. it just sounds funny that you are going there. That is so nice she give you the house 2 weekends a year!   I wish I was going somewhere fun this weekend! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer--I'm with you.  But I will TRY it.  again.  I didn't like it the first time I tried it.  But since it's my friend's birthday, this is where she wants to go.  They do serve non-sushi food there, and it's really good, so that's what I'll get.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:3cdfc8ff-a4e5-4da0-a411-17e91ed67824">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amer--I'm with you.  But I will TRY it.  again.  I didn't like it the first time I tried it.  But since it's my friend's birthday, this is where she wants to go.  They do serve non-sushi food there, and it's really good, so that's what I'll get.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]  Try getting a California roll or something like that. That is like 'beginner sushi'. I like it and get it all the time, and I get the spicy salmon, and spider roll, shrimp tempura.. mmmm I am so excited for sushi later. :)
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't think of anything to make for dinner so maybe I will try and convince FI to take me out for sushi. I'll blame my craving on B2B Wink
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:a2dd18c3-17c3-499f-86a1-fcad333324ef">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend Plans? : It's just a girls weekend. We plan to go to AC for the night saturday, but just hang out. We do one in the winter, and one in the summer. My one friends mom has a house, so we just stay in that. She gives us two weeekends a year :-)
    Posted by ButtonsPepper[/QUOTE]

I love doing this! We did a couples' weekend at a friend's parents' house last winter and it was so fun! There's something so great about getting out of town, being near the beach, and going to AC (of course)!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can't eat a California roll because it has fresh avocado in it.  I'm allergic to fresh fruit, so there's a very high possibility that I go into anaphylactic shock.  Most of the time I just get REALLY REALLY itchy in my mouth, nose, and throat.  But I have gone into anaphylactic shock before. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:3bc5f555-d83c-4a5e-bd51-fc22857d891c">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can't eat a California roll because it has fresh avocado in it.  I'm allergic to fresh fruit, so there's a very high possibility that I go into anaphylactic shock.  Most of the time I just get REALLY REALLY itchy in my mouth, nose, and throat.  But I have gone into anaphylactic shock before. 
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE] omg that is horrible! So can you eat cooked fruit? Like apple pie?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can have pie, juice, canned fruit.  I just can't have an apple. But I have discovered that I can eat bananas and grapes, so that's good.  Apparently it's called "Oral Allergy Syndrome" and it's because I'm so allergic to trees that I'm also allergic to what grows on them.  I take allergy shots, and my allergist thinks that there's a possibility that I'll be able to eat fruit again.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_weekend-plans-48?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7b7b5f85-0d6a-4195-b3bc-c1aa956da06ePost:669f8481-6835-4f38-9c31-d9a929bc5d7e">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can have pie, juice, canned fruit.  I just can't have an apple. But I have discovered that I can eat bananas and grapes, so that's good.  Apparently it's called "Oral Allergy Syndrome" and it's because I'm so allergic to trees that I'm also allergic to what grows on them.  I take allergy shots, and my allergist thinks that there's a possibility that I'll be able to eat fruit again.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Is this why my mouth itches when I eat apples?!?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RA- I have two friends who are allergic to fresh fruit too.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole--maybe.  For me, it started with apples.  I know I have the reaction with apples, pears, plums, peaches, pluots, watermelon, avocado, kiwi, and strawberries.  I used to sit there with fruit and a bottle of benadryl, and see what makes me react.  Kiwi made my whole face blow up.

Amer--For the longest time, I was the only person I knew who had this allergy.  And SOMETIMES tree nuts make me itchy, too.  Now I'm finding more and more people who have my allergy.

Bananas I can have because you peel away the outside.  I could probably have cirtus fruit, too, but I haven't tried it yet. 

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards