Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat

Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat

• Options
    Poke, I had a wisdom tooth behave i much the same way you described. Then it got all infected and I had to have it pulled on Christmas Eve! It sucked. One plus of the whole deal was that my dentist is really, REALLY hot.  Oh, and I only had just the one wisdom tooth. But it was nasty enough to make up for the three missing ones.
  • Options
    I wish I had blonde hair. My MIL is going sort of white but it just looks like she has pretty highlights because her hair is so blonde. My mom is going grey in the bangs and if she doesn't color it it's a little odd looking.
  • Options
    Sesh - I have never had that problem, fortnuately. 

Rachers - I've got my fingers crossed. I've got a pretty big mouth, so I'm hoping it will be okay. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:f5c29072-4d0c-4f81-b26a-0fda29fa95d6">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat : Yeah - that was my entire childhood.  The smalltown where my dad grew up.  It's all underwater now though so not much goes on for the 4th.  I haven't been back in maybe 5 years.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>That is sad about the flooding. It's been kind of a consistent problem the last 10-15 years. We watch farms just shrink and shrink north of here. One house is completely surrounded by water now and all the roads to it are washed out. The family had to move. </div><div>
    </div><div>Our town has a population of  about 25K but still has the smalltown feel. Oddly, it's the fourth or fifth largest town in the state! HA! </div>
  • Options
    AATB is that your gramps in the green striped shirt? He is adorable! He reminds me of my dad!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Watertown?  :)

And yeah the flooding is...  bad.  It's been a dry year this year so it's been a blessing but it's still pretty much a mess up here.  It will never be the same after it eventually (hopefully) gets back down.

ETA - actually my gramps is passed on now.  But that is my grandpa's brother!  So my dad's uncle (and that's my dad with him in the pic).
    panther
  • Options
    H already has some grey. He claims it was from his old job so I guess now we'll see if he's right or not. ;)
  • Options
    Hey ladies! AATB, I love seeing the various pics you put up of farms/relatives/whatnot. It always makes me smile.
  • Options
    Hi ladies...just getting back from class and running errands. 

I'm not doing anything that involves being outside for the rest of the day. It's too flippin hot.

• Options
    Oh thanks poli.  I just spent a weekend back home so I always get a little homesick immediately after coming back.  I really miss rural life.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:6b10f21a-5be5-42e0-b4aa-6702d345b38e">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]H already has some grey. He claims it was from his old job so I guess now we'll see if he's right or not. ;)
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>That's funny. H blames his hair loss on me. </div>
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Yes, ma'am, AATB! I've lived here almost all my life, except for short stints in VA, WI and CO. 
    It's a good place. Sometimes I wish my kids had more opportunities, but since we are retired we are able to take them wherever they need to go for camps or lessons or whatever. 

I am being a slug today. It's time for a nap, methinks. 

ETA, I'm sorry about your gramps, AATB. 
  • Options
    I like South Dakota.  Lots of my friends from college were from Pierre so I've been visiting many times, and of course there were a few childhood vacations and such as well.  It's a pretty neat state.
    panther
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:b8fe23bd-db06-40ce-a85a-839ecd727e4e">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat : That's funny. H blames his hair loss on me. 
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

That's what everyone else tells him especially because there's a friend of my parents whom went almost immediately grey after marrying his wife.

ETA - Poor guy gets mistaken for the grandfather of his three children more often than not. He doesn't even look old besides the grey hair. At all.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:4910d0dd-7d2e-4a29-90de-b31de05a4f4c">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat : That's what everyone else tells him especially because there's a friend of my parents whom went almost immediately grey after marrying his wife. ETA - Poor guy gets mistaken for the grandfather of his three children more often than not. He doesn't even look old besides the grey hair. At all.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Aww. Midge, I didn't know you are a step-mama. </div>
  • Options
    You guys are going to think this is awful, but holy crap do I get the whole gypsies thing here in Europe. It's kind of the same as us using white trash in North America. I was just out walking Lucy, and an X2 went past me with a family in it. The man was driving with a BABY ON HIS LAP, and wasn't wearing a seat belt. What the motherfuuckingfuuck. Then they parked in the middle of the flucking driveway like they own the place. 

It's always the same with anyone who visits this family or the family itself. The father of the family that lives here is constantly repairing his van on the damn sidewalk, leaves parts all over the place, has left the back seat of his van sitting out in the yard for a week for unknown reasons, there's always trash left strewn around their vehicle. 

They drive me insane.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:836b51bd-b451-4910-8f97-35750bbf66e3">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like South Dakota.  Lots of my friends from college were from Pierre so I've been visiting many times, and of course there were a few childhood vacations and such as well.  It's a pretty neat state.

<div>So's NoDak. We go to Fargo A LOT and also have family in Grand Forks. Only been to the western part of the state  couple of times but think in general the Dakotas are underrated. But maybe it's OK to keep it that way! </div>
  • Options
    Poke - I am pretty sure midge is talking about a friend of her parents and not her H!
    panther
  • Options
    AATB is right. :) H and I have no kids together (yet) or from previous relationships.
  • Options
    Let me know if you wanna grab a coffee or something next time you swing up to Fargo :)
    panther
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    So totally random but I am way excited because DD is getting pinned for her LPN next week and this lady in our town makes these cool custom-stamped silver necklaces. And she can get one done in time with words from a poem that has a lot of meaning to DD. She will flip. Can't wait until it's done and for her to open it. 

Cool, AATB. We love to shop there!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Snippy - I kinda know what you mean re: gypsies/white trash.  It's the kinda thing you hate to think, but like... can't help yourself?  I can't explain it.  I always feel shitty lumping people in these groups but for real, every damn time I go to Wal-Mart it's like the friggen Twilight Zone.  The dog park is bad, too.  It's right next to some low-income housing.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:5b9c026c-d992-4644-b8ce-595ec92c3f8f">Re: Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy - <strong>I kinda know what you mean re: gypsies/white trash.  It's the kinda think you hate to think, but like... can't help yourself?</strong>  I can't explain it.  I always feel shitty lumping people in these groups but for real, every damn time I go to Wal-Mart it's like the friggen Twilight Zone.  The dog park is bad, too.  It's right next to some low-income housing.

<div>It's hard not to generalize. But dang, sometimes the stereotypes just FIT. One of the many reasons I enjoy the sport of people-watching. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat:[QUOTE]Oh thanks poli.nbsp; I just spent a weekend back home so I always get a little homesick immediately after coming back.nbsp; I really miss rural life. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]I hear ya. I'm looking forward to some good old' MN time this weekend. I'll wave in the general direction of your 4th festivities!
  • Options

Yay crf!!  If that stops working, send me your number and I'll text you a picture of what my knuckles look like after umpteen years of cracking them.  :)

I just got back from Michael's and I have no idea why but that place makes me so stabby. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-is-everyoneafternoon-chit-chat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2a58518d-9ce8-4a3f-8417-bfd6d7db1ef1Post:77ad5abd-a083-43d2-88ab-d79f292eed0a">Re:Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat:I hear ya. I'm looking forward to some good old' MN time this weekend. I'll wave in the general direction of your 4th festivities!
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Do it!  Haha, we will be baking on the pontoon :)
    panther
  • Options
    AATB - whoops, reading fail on my part. 

Snippy - I totally feel the gypsy thing. In England they will buy a bunch of land for very cheap that you CAN NOT BUILD ON, then build on it. Then cause a load of problems when the goverment says yeah, you all have to go. They moan and cry "this is our HOME." Well, you should have built your home legally shouldn't you? I mean seriously, if you do something you can't legally do, what right do you have to complain when you get in trouble? That's like me robbing a bank and crying about how unfair it is that I have to go to prison. 
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re:Where is everyone?/Afternoon chit chat:Snippy I kinda know what you mean re: gypsies/white trash.nbsp; It's the kinda thing you hate to think, but like... can't help yourself?nbsp; I can't explain it.nbsp; I always feel shitty lumping people in these groups but for real, every damn time I go to WalMart it's like the friggen Twilight Zone.nbsp; The dog park is bad, too.nbsp; It's right next to some lowincome housing. Posted by AllAboutTheBenjaminWe went to the Marin County fair yesterday, and it really was an otherworldly experience. Marin is know as the most swanky, everything organic, liberal, grow your own healing ceremony herbs, trustafarian, name your kids Zoltan and Crystal Rainbow county in the area, but I swear this fair transported me back to rural Minnesota. It was quite odd. ETA: I suppose there were kale chips, but otherwise it was "wear your cutoff flannel while you eat a funnel cake/fried Oreo/corn dog sandwich" land.
  • Options
    How is your dad doing, Poli?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Fairs = fried everything.

It makes me ravenously hungry and definitely barfy all at the same time.

Talent.  Fairs have it.
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards