Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What's happenin' Eeners?

Re: What's happenin' Eeners?

• Options
    I don't want to think about how much money I just spent within a small amount of time. I can not wait for this freaking wedding to be ovaaaa
  • Options
    Hey hey! I'm here, eating pretzels and drinking wine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:5c6555ac-c782-4567-84b6-bc23e81f3418">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This job is kind of sales-y and everyone is about the same age range (late 20's - mid-30's).  The group at this building is pretty tight knit and friendly, but apparently a little clique-y.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I think that is how the corporation I'm going into is as well. It has an office area and then production area (where J & his dad both work) and it is a family run business. I think most who work where I will be working will be between mid 30s-late 50s. So, at least a minimum 15 years older than me. I think that is another reason why I'm nervous.
  • Options
    Yay Rosie so close!!!  And after your wedding, you, me and LTB are taking our H's to Woody's for some damn crabcakes :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Yikes Rosie! It'll be here soon!! Did you figure out your bach party outfit?
  • Options
    Rosie, I'm right there with you. I had to rent our linens yesterday Undecided
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:e08ce7eb-4e9a-4d87-96a5-86a6a7b2984b">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome back, Meg!  I don't know if I've "seen" you since you went on your HM. Lynda -- I want a milkshake now.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mica.
    I hope your house hunting is going well.
  • Options
    Mica - when are you guys moving?
  • Options
    I bought 3 perfume sample kits, a wine glass, a jewelry case and a coffee mug for my BMs. No b-day outfit yet, FI said he will take me to the mall Thursday night because I couldn't commit to anything on zappos.

TR, we are so down for Woodys after the wedding. Just get me theeerre I think the 28th is never coming. I am sorry your co-workers are being stupid. I work with all women (pretty much) and keep all of my opinions to myself because I have already seen how horrible they can be. You can bitch about your co-workers to us :) 
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    I won't be able to make the GTG this weekend. (I know, I know, I'm bailing again.) If Lucas were living down here full time I could totally do it, but he's only home on the weekends, and I hate having him come home and then me leave all day. Andplusalso this is the last weekend he'll be down for a few weeks.

But, I should be relocating up there, hopefully by August, so when I do we'll have to try another GTG.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    TR I have to watch what I say in my office because it gets around to everyone. We're pretty close, but my manager has called me to the carpet once or twice because people have repeated something I've said.

i'm sorry they're cliquey. It may just take time.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Missy -- we're moving late-June

Meg -- how was the honeymoon?
    Househunting was... interesting.  I didn't love any of the places I saw in South Tampa again.  I LOVED a place I saw in north St. Pete, right off the Gandy, so I'm really tempted to talk H into a slightly longer commute in exchange for living closer to his parents and right on a lake.
  • Options
    Hey there!  So I'm just relaxing after dinner.  I got a call at 5pm tonight that someone is coming on Wednesday at 11am to take pictures of the inside of our house b/c the owner is putting it up for sale.  Talk about a swift kick in the ass to make you clean.  And - how do I tell them when they come that I'll be taking electronics like TV's and computers out of rooms as they do their little photo shoot b/c I have no intentions of having my sh*t displayed on the internet when they post them to sell this house.  Their little photoshoot might take a while.  I guess we went from leisurely moving out this summer to "get the f*ck out of dodge asap!" all in one day.  Blech.
  • Options
    mkrupar - that is awesome that you and Lucas will be together by late summer.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    edited May 2011
    Well here's hoping Missy. The house has to sell, I've got to find a job, and we've got to find a place to live. That can all happen in 3 months right?

::crosses fingers hopefully::
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies :)  I was so upset because I honestly really had no bad things to say about anyone here and I'm actually very sensitive to others' feelings.  IRL, maybe not so much sometimes on here, haha.

Ok, I'm heading home.  Have a great night!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:4920fd10-9052-4324-9fe2-fcb140774f67">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well here's hoping Missy. The house has to sell, I've got to find a job, and we've got to find a place to live. That can all happen in 3 months right? ::crosses fingers hopefully::
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

It sure can. We are sorta in the same boat.

I have a job, H will not after he gives his notice. And we will be staying with family until he finds a job, and then we can looking into the living arrangments. Not fun, but it will all work out eventually.
  • Options
    Stacks - that is a good call about the electronics. I will have to keep that in mind should we rent a house in the near future. I hope the owner gave you guys sufficient notice.

• Options
    Hello! I just got home from dress shopping for The Oaks. Now I just have to figure out a hat! I would prefer to wear a fancy fascinator, but I don't think I'll be able to find a cheap one by Friday.

I'm eating cereal since we're apparently all out of food. I was originally supposed to go to the grocery, but decided to go dress shopping instead today when I got my race tickets. Oops. :) Good thing FI has already eaten dinner.
  • Options
    Nope.  It goes on the market like this week probably.  Our lease is up in July, so unless they sell it we have to stay until then.  Which means living here during showings.  YUCK.  I'm so not looking forward to this.  I'm not in the least bit worried it will sell and we'll be scrambling to get out though - I bet this house sits long after we move.  It's just the thought of strangers in our house when we aren't here, and then knowing what we have should they decide to come back on their own when we aren't here. 
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm here but I have to go fold laundry here in a minute.  I've got 4 loads full piled up on the couch.
  • Options
    Birdie - shopping is definitely more important than grocery shopping. I loathe grocery shopping with a passion.
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    Good luck with the showings Stacks. I know it'll be rough having strangers in and out.

I'm going to head off ladies. I want to read some before calling it a night.

Goodnight.
  • Options
    Goodnight MK.
  • Options
    TR, I hope you have a better night!

mk, good night!

Can we play "Help Panther Find a Good HM Spot'? It's a fun game, I promise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whats-happenin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:679fcc25-928e-4aee-808e-91e19e25578bPost:a16dc23b-4e70-4206-bebd-79f0e237adb1">Re: What's happenin' Eeners?</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR, I hope you have a better night! mk, good night! Can we play "Help Panther Find a Good HM Spot'? It's a fun game, I promise.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

Where would you guys like to go? And do you want to do a cruise or an all inclusive resort type deal?
  • Options
    Good night MK.
    We had a great HM
    Panther- What are you looking to do?
  • Options
    Yeah, Panther give us more details on what you two enjoy. Beach? adventure? history/landmark sites? hot/cold?
  • Options
    Yeah we have enough food to last until tomorrow. FI will have to deal!

Trying on dresses by yourself is definitely a workout though. I kept getting stuck in them because I could unzip the damn things myself. I have a feeling my shoulders and arms are going to be sore tomorrow!

I also have to figure out how to cover this ginormous bruise on my leg that has been there for two weeks. Ugh it's so ugly. :(
  • Options
    I know what you mean, Birdie. It is hard to try on dresses and skirts that zip and button in the back alone. Whenever H goes shopping with me, I always make him do it for me. B/c if you don't have them zipped up all the way, then you can't tell if they fit properly or not. Annoying. They need somesort of helper tool for when women go dress shopping alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards