Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Flame Free Friday

There's a woman here to interview for a position. She's been here once before and both times she smells likes she's bathed in her perfume...it's so strong...and really gross.  I don't know how the people interviewing her can sit in a small office and be able to breathe.

Re: Flame Free Friday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I hate that!!! If you can smell yourself you have too much on!!! Like a walking perfume bottle. Another one....being on the treadmill next to someone who has BO - OMG!! I know you are working out but others around you need to breathe - please deodorize prior to the gym.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just glad that it's Friday... I don't think anything could bother me today! :)

I have a birthday party tomorrow... for a 4 year old... at Chuck E Cheese.  UGH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dude!  Chuck E. Cheese!?!?!  Shoot some skee-ball!  Play air hockey!  I'm so jealous! :) 

I also hate when people get on the treadmill or anything beside me while I'm working out and they smell bad.  I've even had girls come up next to me and I can tell they totally doused themselves in Victoria's Secret body spray and it's just so over powering!  It's like, it's already hard for me to breathe because I'm working out and then that?  Ugh...  and I also don't understand why people get on the treadmill and walk really slowly and talk on their cell phones.  WTH?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the walking slow or being on cell phones.  Especially when the gym is packed and I'm waiting to RUN... I just wanna smack 'em and say go walk around your house or something if your not going to take it seriously.

I went to the gym at 5:30 this morning....and then rewarded myself with a Chickfila bacon biscuit.  Chickfila is RIGHT across from the gym, and it wasn't my strongest moment.  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, I think it's good you rewarded yourself.  If you deprive yourself for too long you're likely to take it too far and overindulge! 
  • Options
    cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate my post office lady!! She keeps not delivering my mail...this is the second or third time I have realized some of my bills are past due because she isnt delivering them to me!   :#

I have tried complaining to the post office and they are rude and tell me she delievers everything she is supposed to so they cant help me

WTF??!!!

So now I get to track my bills like a hound dog to make sure they get paid on time :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Reading this http://theknotpostsecret.tumblr.com/ is going to become an addiction for me. I just know it. I don't think I'd ever want to post on it though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mariah!  I agree, but usually my indulgence is once on the weekend. I guess I started a little early today. =)
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    whoa cheryl, just read some of that webpage and I'm a bit disturbed by some of those posts!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL, Chuck E Cheese with a bunch of kids running everywhere... it's chaos!  I have a 3 year old little girl (Cadence - my pride and joy)... and she is ALL OVER THE PLACE there.  I swear I will need a nap once we're done! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Donna- I know, a lot of them are sad to read. It's nice to come across one that makes me giggle in the midst of constant "oh man, that's awful".

My church had a similar "confessions" website at one time where you anonymously posted something that you needed to change about yourself. I read pages and pages of people admitting to having affairs or  being unhappily married. Must've been quite an eye opener for a lot of members.

• Options
    shauna378shauna378 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could get excited that it is Friday except that I have cilent meetings all day tomorrow.  Boo!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I put vendor reviews up on weddingwire yesterday and Nine is disputing theirs.  Why do I even bother?  I didn't put up someone elses because of this exact reason, only it would have been 10 times worse.  They aren't showing the review since it is being disputed but I'm really tempted to tell them to not bother with it and just delete it and go on their merry way.  I don't want to just roll over because we truly weren't happy with our pics but I don't feel like wasting my energy either because I have bigger fish to fry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    shortgirl, you're not the only one who hasn't been happy with Nine.  Did you ever post your reviews on here?  I don't remember.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes they are in my bio. The only thing I added to what is in my bio is "Seeing other wedding pictures and ours, something just doesn't add up. Definitely ask to see an entire wedding of a few brides before booking with them. "

I feel that if you are going to pay for something, you need to know what you are going to get.  Not looking at an entire shoot is something that I regret not doing with any of the ones we interviewed.  Nothing I can do about it now and I'm not going to dwell on it but I think others should be aware. 

What I don't get is that I wasn't even that mean about it, I thought I was pretty nice and my big point is that while what you get is great, it's what you don't get that is disappointing.  They also don't have any reviews since last June so maybe they are disputing them all?  I don't know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought the recycled paper toilet paper because it was on sale and "helps the Earth" (said the sample lady at Costco).  I'm not a fan of it and will be going back to the softer TP once we're out, sorry Earth.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shortgirl - I feel your pain wholeheartedly... It is so frustrating, but you're doing the right thing. Just smile and walk away. I spent way too much time fretting over Nine and they're not worth it. I am so sorry you're dealing with this. I should have written a book about how terrible our experience was with our wedding day pictures, but again, its not worth it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's not worth it Emi. I'm over it, I'm just now doing the reviews on there.  I'm sorry you weren't happy with yours either.  We are going to cherish what we do have that's for sure. 

I just got another email asking to send something to verify they were our vendor.  I don't even know if I want to bother.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shortgirl, while I know it's hassle, I think every bride has a right to know good or bad about the vendor they're considering!  I think you should try to get the review out there and see what happens.  Like you said, there's probably a reason why there hasn't been a review of them posted since June...
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say it IS worth it.  Other brides need to know.  What is Wedding Wire for then if not to give an honest opinon on your experience?

I've said it before on here--I met with NIne and they did not bring ONE picture that I had not already seen on their website.  I had to do all the talking and they just kind of sat there.  I took it as a bad sign and moved on.  But, I have seen good weddings too.  It's just hit or miss.

ETA:  Lauren, LOL!  :)
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_flame-friday-18?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:a45a5990-0ae3-43fc-a3c7-7427a56e8aa2Post:81c66504-100c-491b-a31a-133b1ae79f9c">Re: Flame Free Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE] sorry Earth.
    Posted by llc2011[/QUOTE]
    This made me LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shortgirl - if given the opportunity, I would have done more. I didn't really know about weddingwire at the time and was too emotionally drained with the situation to keep fighting. I wish I had. You don't really hear much about NIne anymore on TK and for good reason. And it seems to be the same situation over at weddingwire. I know it is a pain, but future brides will be grateful.

And I have always said this. Nine are great people and they take good photos, but they shouldn't be doing weddings. They don't know how to pose or direct; its just a bad combination.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK I have responded to weddingwire to verify they were my vendor.  We'll see what is next!

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck, shortgirl!  BTW, I just now read all your reviews for every thing and enjoyed it.  And I'm glad that you're going to pursue the thing with wedding wire.  It's worth it.  

Lauren,
    Sadly, sometimes I don't care about the Earth either.  Just ask my cats and the City of Corinth water dept.

Speaking of Corinth...they have made it darn near impossible to get out of our subdivision on a safe road.  They are tearing up one of the main roads that we used.  We don't use it any more and this morning they started working on the other road.  ***shaking my fist at City of Corinth***
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie!  I still need to get pics of NYC up when I find the camera. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...sooo my parents may be getting a divorce in the coming future.  My feelings about it? : Relief.  Anger.  Exhaustion.  Finally.  Sad.

Relief that maybe my dad can finally be happy for once.

Anger at my mom for being untrusting and not getting the help we've all asked her to get.

Exhaustion because this has been playing out for years.

Finally because I just want it to be over already and have some kind of peace with it.

Sad because I was holding out hope that maybe something would change and my mom would change her ways.

ETA:  Getting this kind of news today was shocking and has literally exhausted me.  All I want to do is go home and crawl into bed.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,
    I'm so sorry about your parents.

Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Julie.  I knew it was coming...it's just the way it came about, you know?  I just feel sad more than anything. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah - I'm so sorry to hear that.  You and your family will be in my thoughts.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, Mariah, that's rough. People act like it's not as hard on adult children as it is on small children, but I can imagine that's far from the truth. I'll be thinking about you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards