Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:763029fe-d056-4cd1-9340-8b454a295428">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<span style="font-weight:bold;">Tracy, were you in a broom closet or something</span>?  That is so strange.  Is it a spider bite?
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

No, just living in the lovely South. It had to happen at home or just out running errands. H and I were guessing a spider bite. It started out looking like a mosquito bite, small and round but now it's really red, flat, and about the size of quarter. 

Awkward doc just left me more confused than I was before. He did say it wasn't a brown recluse and that it wasn't infected. He gave me prescription for bactroban. I'm going to watch it for a couple days and try to get some new doctor recs from my coworkers in the meantime.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    That's so exciting Ski!

imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:36e9178d-95e5-43b8-9a1d-6905799c8153">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : Hooray! I got it in ivory, but that ivory is REALLY close to white, right?  Did you get your veil there, as well? I got the one with scalloped edges. I'm trying to decide on jewelry?!
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

I got the ivory too! I got a veil off ebay actually lol, but it works perfect.
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:09c6705a-a9c5-4618-b0ac-f4d992419433">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : I'm worried about this. I purchased my dress in November and don't go for my next fitting until next month and seriously have no been hitting the gym as much as a did back then.
    Posted by Katelyn89[/QUOTE]

I got my dress in February and got married in October. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I screwed my knee up and wasn't really able to get around very well. For a few months, the only exercise I did was 2 hours of physical therapy 3 times a week.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Very pretty, Domino. Ditto on the dip in the back, love it!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

Sorry for the bad expression in the face first photo, she caught me off guard
    , but it is the only one I have!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:e36ee5c9-f668-4c79-835f-6d8caa79ecf5">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : I got my dress in February and got married in October. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I screwed my knee up and wasn't really able to get around very well. For a few months, the only exercise I did was 2 hours of physical therapy 3 times a week.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE] 
    <div>
    </div><div>Yea that definitely makes it rough for sure. Hope your knee is better now. I have no excuse though hah </div>
  • Options
    Tracy, when my daughter had her bout with cellulitis, the doctor outlined the swelling/discoloration with a Sharpie. That, way, they could keep track of whether the inflammation was shrinking, spreading, or staying relatively static. Same thing when I had cellulitis and my dad had his infection. Couldn't hurt.
  • Options
    So pretty, ski! I love the veil with it. The whole thing reminds me of a war-era movie star, like you should be singing for the troops or something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:8a5746bd-c662-471d-ba50-791b1c0c59c2">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for the bad expression in the face first photo, she caught me off guard , but it is the only one I have!
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>I love the shape of your dress! It looks really good on you!</div>
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    Hi Ladies! I just watched H wash my car for the last hour, exciting.. not.Got to meet some of our neighbors, finally, so that's exciting. 
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Eagles, they are nice.  Well done.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:618b6b33-13a7-4f5c-ae13-6316e6ac0525">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tracy, when my daughter had her bout with cellulitis, the doctor outlined the swelling/discoloration with a Sharpie. That, way, they could keep track of whether the inflammation was shrinking, spreading, or staying relatively static. Same thing when I had cellulitis and my dad had his infection. Couldn't hurt.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm a nurse and I recommend doing this. I did this for FI when he had cellulitis before it was diagnosed and that way I could tell if the inflammation was increasing. We do this for patients all the time.</div>
  • Options
    tracym77tracym77 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:618b6b33-13a7-4f5c-ae13-6316e6ac0525">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tracy, when my daughter had her bout with cellulitis, the doctor outlined the swelling/discoloration with a Sharpie. That, way, they could keep track of whether the inflammation was shrinking, spreading, or staying relatively static. Same thing when I had cellulitis and my dad had his infection. Couldn't hurt.
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

H's best friend is in residency in NC and mentioned that the other night. I guess I should give it a shot. Thanks!

ETA: Thanks Nurse Katelyn!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:b010cb2d-93b7-41c1-8ca2-60ed41266042">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok, let me give this a shot: The first two I took with flash so you could see the detail. This one is without flash because flash, frankly, makes it look like I'm taking pictures in a cave.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I like them! Why don't you like them?

</div>
  • Options
    Angel - Can you post a pic of your dress? In the suvery post people were posting that your dress was one of their favourites & I dont think I ever saw the picture. Please do share!

I cant wait for my dress to come in, it should be in sometime soon although I havent heard anything yet. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like the sharpie trick, going to put that in my "momma knows best book"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:09c6705a-a9c5-4618-b0ac-f4d992419433">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : I'm worried about this. I purchased my dress in November and don't go for my next fitting until next month and seriously have no been hitting the gym as much as a did back then.
    Posted by Katelyn89[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm a little worried, too. This is why I signed up for a million half marathons. Not as much running needed as a full (I had, like, NO life last fall when I did Columbus), but still enough to keep me honest with the diet or else I'll have a pretty painful run on race day. 

</div>
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I love my dress.  Kinda sad, that it was too big when I bought it and somehow, pure laziness after my knee surgery, I grew into it.  Oh well, less for alterations! 

ooooops bottle of said aforementioned wine is GONE!
  • Options
    Eagles, I think they are lovely, but I can see how you would get sick of doing them. Ski, yay for spending less $$$ on alterations.
  • Options
    Well, at least you're done with them. How many did you have to do? I'm dreading things like invitations and centerpieces, because that crap's going to get monotonous. 
  • Options
    My dress just came into DB today, it's two and a half months early! MIL is going to get it for me.

No wine for me tonight, have a migraine tonight. I hope the Fioricet takes care of it, but I still feel pukey and might take some Benadryl and Phengram in an hour or so and sleep it off.

I love your dress Ski - I wanted a mermaid, but my shape didn't look good in one. You look great in that dress!
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:2ece6902-5654-445a-9059-dcb0ad6e53a4">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I like them Domino!  They're just kind of a pain, because I'm trying to tack down the edges of the appliques with glue dots and white glue and it's slow going.  Plus getting them right was kind of a project - I had a couple mess ups before I figured out the best way to do them.  :)
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Did you try double stick tape? That's what we did with mine. I'm sure it would work with your lace.

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:da2b7a0a-8ac1-4f46-ac21-eefe74fa78f7">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : This is adorable! Maybe he needs a photo of you in it for his desk at work.
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

<div>Fo sho, when we get some more pro pics in! He'll pick his favorite and it will go on his desk. :) As well as his photo paper weight I made him a few years ago. :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:080e8b04-9197-4a0a-8c20-0691008c6728">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous Domino! Absolutely gorgeous!! Why is waiting sooooo hard? I bought a few photopass Disney photos as download and it says it may take up to 24 hours for them to appear. I want them now! Boo.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, my photos are going to expire next week.  Did you add borders to yours?  I can't decide.  Did you do the magic photo at the big tree in Animal Kingdom?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:d4850aeb-82b8-46f2-b7a0-585cce48f47e">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dress just came into DB today, it's two and a half months early! MIL is going to get it for me. No wine for me tonight, have a migraine tonight. I hope the Fioricet takes care of it, but I still feel pukey and might take some Benadryl and Phengram in an hour or so and sleep it off. I love your dress Ski - I wanted a mermaid, but my shape didn't look good in one. You look great in that dress!
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

<div>Eat saltines to settle your stomach, tiny bits of water. Hope you migraine goes away. They're a pain.</div>
  • Options
    Dileni, there actually is a pic of it in that poll thread. I think it's on page 2. I'm not home, so I can't put up another. Eagles, they look really good!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    StefffiCStefffiC member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-and-a-glass-of-wine-care-to-join-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:33ccbe13-1ffd-437b-b4a1-535e47b407dbPost:005c0a6d-7732-4ddd-bfbb-8f4eb35bb6b1">Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread and a glass of wine, care to join me? : Eat saltines to settle your stomach, tiny bits of water. Hope you migraine goes away. They're a pain.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

It's funny a tablespoon of vinegar or a few pickles usually does the trick for me better than crackers. And, whatever I eat has to be ice cold so I can't smell it, if I smell it I won't eat it.

Storm season is the worst time for my headaches, even though I'm on a previnitive I still get them sometimes and they suck. I think I slept too long last night and got one from that. LOL I slept 11 hours...
  • Options
    I didn't do any borders. I'm going to post them to FB and scrapbook them. I can make my own borders! ;)

By magic photo, do you mean just the photo pass picture? Or where they add someting extra into the picture? We only did that in Magic Kingdom where Tinkerbell showed up in our hands. I didn't even know they did that kind of thing until then (the last day). We did get our picture taken in front of the tree. My camera:

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    Stefffi, make sure you check with them to make sure it's okay for someone else to pick up your dress. I had to have an ID to pick mine up.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards