Forum Entitlement

124»

Re: Forum Entitlement

• Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    @ADDIEL73
    Yeah, people who say the regs always stick together aren't lurking long enough, that's for sure!

We have those that reject and complain about us because we didn't validate their idea and then we have those that recognize that their idea may be bad if an entire board disagrees with it.

I appreciate the community of mixed opinions, backgrounds and honesty. I don't want everyone to agree with me because sometimes I'm wrong and I'm constantly learning from our discussions and sometimes, my opinion changes after reflection. There's also a bunch of you with similar geek tastes to my own. .

I've posted and lurked a little on Wedding Bee since I made the acct for Wednesday and understand why you send people there sometimes now. It's where rude people go to be told they get a "free pass" on anything because it's their wedding day (gag).

I keep thinking about people who complain about getting unsolicited advice here. At least our advice is useful. On WB,  someone was  looking advice for her FI using a wheelchair at their wedding. Since my FI is also a wheelchair user, I replied. I got a PM from someone else giving me condescending "tips" on how to minimize FI's wheelchair by getting it painted at a bike shop to match his tux. Also, she suggested I buy him a nice cane to walk with. Yeah, I don't think anyone on TK would've assumed FI needed tips for his mobility or assumed we wanted to hide his chair. What would that even accomplish??

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Ugh!  Muppet, that is awful,not to mention completely insulting. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    MuppetFan said:

I've posted and lurked a little on Wedding Bee since I made the acct for Wednesday and understand why you send people there sometimes now. It's where rude people go to be told they get a "free pass" on anything because it's their wedding day (gag).

I keep thinking about people who complain about getting unsolicited advice here. At least our advice is useful. On WB,  someone was  looking advice for her FI using a wheelchair at their wedding. Since my FI is also a wheelchair user, I replied. I got a PM from someone else giving me condescending "tips" on how to minimize FI's wheelchair by getting it painted at a bike shop to match his tux. Also, she suggested I buy him a nice cane to walk with. Yeah, I don't think anyone on TK would've assumed FI needed tips for his mobility or assumed we wanted to hide his chair. What would that even accomplish??

What the everloving fuck.
  • Options
    MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Yeah FI was disgusted by the original thread and by the PM. In thread, they suggest leaving a space for the groom at every table (assuming people won't make room or turn when he visits the table) and they also said they should have all guests come up to him at the head table because the guy might get trapped with a boring uncle or drunk aunt. I said, disabled people excuse themselves like everyone else...

WB sucks.  Look at this gem: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/attn-legally-married-brides-and-wedding-at-later-date#axzz2UatpR8Rx

I hope folks keep that one in mind when they visit tomorrow.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    I couldn't resist looking. Ohhhhh my. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Dear god WHYYYYYYYYYY so much entitlement... 

I love the one where the girl's like "Well my dad had two mortgages and his mom was dying so I didn't feel right about asking for deposits and stuff..."

Then... pay for your own damn party?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Post removed due to GBCK
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options

MuppetFan said:
    @ADDIEL73
    Yeah, people who say the regs always stick together aren't lurking long enough, that's for sure!

We have those that reject and complain about us because we didn't validate their idea and then we have those that recognize that their idea may be bad if an entire board disagrees with it.

I appreciate the community of mixed opinions, backgrounds and honesty. I don't want everyone to agree with me because sometimes I'm wrong and I'm constantly learning from our discussions and sometimes, my opinion changes after reflection. There's also a bunch of you with similar geek tastes to my own. .

That shit cray cray.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rajahmdrajahmd member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    MuppetFan said:
    @ADDIEL73

Holy fucking hell.  I am so sorry you had to deal with that.  That's ridiculous, not to mention incredibly offensive.  I had to use a wheelchair and walker earlier this year after my major knee surgery, and instead of using a plain walker when I returned to the hospital, I used a glittery blue one.  I even put a sticker on it that a patient gave me.  I totally rocked that thing. More power to your FI to rock his wheelchair every day, and especially on your wedding day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    O
    MuppetFan said:
    @ADDIEL73

Holy fucking hell.  I am so sorry you had to deal with that.  That's ridiculous, not to mention incredibly offensive.  I had to use a wheelchair and walker earlier this year after my major knee surgery, and instead of using a plain walker when I returned to the hospital, I used a glittery blue one.  I even put a sticker on it that a patient gave me.  I totally rocked that thing. More power to your FI to rock his wheelchair every day, and especially on your wedding day.
    Oh he doesn't really have a choice. He can't walk very far/long.

We're not upset, but it just goes to show how asinine people are.
    image   imageimage

• Options
    TARRA Get back to the get away! :D 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I think it's not that serious.  It's just a message board. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't fall asleep around the cats.  You know they'll eat you if they think you're dead. 

A dog will wait until it's starving before it gives in and eats its dead owner, but kitties like their meat fresh.

Your cat isn't watching you for the fun of it.  He's watching your chest to see if it's still rising and falling, because he'll head for the buffet the instant it stops.
    And when they're poking your face, they're actually trying to smother you.
  • Options
    My BFF sent me the "How Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You" calendar for Christmas. Love her so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards