Military Brides

Save the Date Etiquette

Hi all,

My fiancé and I are attempting to plan a wedding during his summer block leave next year. We can kind of judge the timing based on the dates this year and the year before, but obviously booking anything without a solid calendar is going to be difficult. That being said, is it proper etiquette to inform our guests that we are considering 3 different weekends or should we wait until we have a better idea of the timing? It's not likely that we'll have any idea until early next year and friends are already being invited to other weddings. I know... the downfalls of being a military bride, but we want to do this the traditional way and are doing our best to make sure everyone is included.

Thanks!

Re: Save the Date Etiquette

• I would wait. It would just confuse people. Unfortunately people will or won't be able to attend your wedding depending on other obligations no matter what you send them and when. If I have two friend weddings on the same day then I attend the wedding of the friend I'm closest to.
  • Wait until you actually have a date and spread the word by mouth of the potential dates. And save the date's are always necessary. We had 6 months from engagement to wedding and didn't send STD's and sent invitations about 2 months in advance and just about every one still was able to make it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards