Etiquette

Second wedding?

2»

Re: Second wedding?

• Dreamergirl8812Dreamergirl8812 your closet
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    Whoever flagged me, put on your fucking big girl pants and read the TOS. Fuck is not against TOS.
    @KnotPorscha?

Anniversary

blueobsidianPrettyGirlLost[Deleted User]
  • OP, what gets everyone here as that so many wives come here and claim their circumstances were special or different or hard and they feel they are entitled to a big traditional wedding. They aren't. No one is. But everyone (almost everyone) has the right to be married. You had a wedding and chose to forgo the traditional wedding route, that's an adult choice to make and you married the love of your life.

I think its awesome that you're taking advice so maturely. There is nothing wrong with having a vow renewal but even then I'd skip the bridal parties, firsts, pre wedding parties, etc. I'd probably go with a simpler wedding dress too. I don't see the issuing with renewing vows after one comes back from war if its done in the proper manner. Otherwise, skip the renewal and throw a huge party and celebrate the fact that you're married and back together in one place. Nothing wrong with that!

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

PrettyGirlLost
  • Woohoo! Yay, OP for being cool about getting real answers. Stick around, I've learned SO much from the women around here. 

• RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 Figment of Your Imagination
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    Seriously, you should throw the most awesome party you've ever thrown. You have two things to celebrate - you're married and your husband came home safely from the war. Those are definitely things to celebrate, you know?  I wouldn't wear a wedding dress, but you can get a fantastic outfit that makes you feel gorgeous.  You could have a formal dinner with dancing, or a barbecue, or anything in between. Whatever kind of thing you and your guests like.  Hire a band or DJ, get your favorite foods, get a fantastic cake that isn't decorated totally wedding-y, and just celebrate with everyone. Any of us here would totally love to attend something like that.
    keochan[Deleted User]
  • You should post this on the Special Topic board called "Military Brides":

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides

2»
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards