Snarky Brides
Options

365 Day Parties? Is this a Thing Now?!

2»

Re: 365 Day Parties? Is this a Thing Now?!

• Options
    I also wasnt engaged for 365 days. Only 9 months. I wonder how much cash I misssed out on? (no gifts please, we already live together!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have an engagement party, a 365 party, OR a bachelorette party. I guess I wasn't sufficiently excited for my wedding and didn't get all the attention I was due. I guess I'm entitled to a do over so I can have the proper pomp and circumstance I deserve.
  • Options
    @maggie0829 hahahaah Oprah reference is priceless!!!

• Options
    I'm going to be traveling for my fiancé and I's anniversary this year, so we are rain-checking the celebration and instead planning a nice date night for our "pre-versary" in July to celebrate one more year before our wedding....  But it'll just be a celebration between the two of us. 
  • Options
    cruffino said:
    This reminds me of my fsil who held monthly birthday parties for her kids during their first year of life. No I'm not interested.
    I had an former co-worker that did this. A cake for every month. WTF. That baby is 2 months old. It doesn't even know it has feet. 

The 365 day thing just sounds so stupid. 
    I laughed entirely too loud at this and my dogs won't come near me now.

• Options
    Blergbot said:
    I totally initially thought this was going to be a thread about people who have a year long party (how would that even work?). So, you know, it could be WORSE.

I don't understand why I cant have a party EVERYDAY for a year to celebrate my nuptuals? I am special, I am the bride.   ;)
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    I totally initially thought this was going to be a thread about people who have a year long party (how would that even work?). So, you know, it could be WORSE.

I don't understand why I cant have a party EVERYDAY for a year to celebrate my nuptuals? I am special, I am the bride.   ;)
    That's what I originally thought a 365 day party was.
  • Options

The Oprah reference... priceless.

I thought this was another way of saying "1 Year Anniversary" and immediately thought "damn hipsters...". I always felt that an anniversary should be a special time for the couple in question, not time to throw yourselves a big party so everyone can exclaim how perfect a life you have and basically congratulate you for putting up with each other for that long. Except really big anniversaries, like 75 years. That sh*t is legit.

• Options
    This is the first I have ever heard of this?! Seriously people party about getting married for an entire year..? Ummm no....glad some people out there can waste thousands of dollars. No thanks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good Lord, that's absurd...  Wouldn't it make more sense to throw a "we've BEEN married for 365 days" party?  Still somewhat absurd, but at least it's warranted?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014

Gee, when we hit 365 days out, I mentioned it to my now DH, and I think we hugged or something.  And then we went back to whatever we were doing. 

Since I missed the boat and didn't get the 365 day party that I, as a bride, was immediately entitled to, maybe I'll do something like it for when I'm pregnant.  Monthly celebrations - "Come to my party, 1 month ago DH knocked me up!"  "Come to my party!  Two months ago, DH knocked me up!" and so forth.  Cash gifts only, please.

**stuck in a damn box**

well how else will everyone know how special your baby is?!

• Options
    http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7074576/#Comment_7074576

The comment by frandoon started the 365 madness...
    What the fuck did I just read???
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dammit, I just realized that since FI and I have a 2.5 year long engagement, I should have planned a 730 AND a 365 party! Ugh, now I need a do-over proposal and engagement!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Dammit, I just realized that since FI and I have a 2.5 year long engagement, I should have planned a 730 AND a 365 party! Ugh, now I need a do-over proposal and engagement!!

You missed out on TWO parties?! That definitely calls for a PPE and a PP730 and PP365. Your marriage will be sham without it!
  • Options
    I joked about our celebrating our -1 anniversary. Maybe posted something on facebook (but I don't think so?). But yeah, definitely no party. Who even wants to plan all of these parties? Shit's exhausting.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Why is this being blown out of proportion? The comment that originally sparked the creation of this thread mentioned that they were having a 365-day party with just their parents, because they didn't have an official e-party after they got engaged. She mentioned it was going to be a small backyard BBQ party. It's not like she's announcing it to all her friends like "OH HEY LOOK AT ME WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER ENGAGEMENT PARTY, CELEBRATE ME ME ME"

Who cares?
  • Options

Why is this being blown out of proportion? The comment that originally sparked the creation of this thread mentioned that they were having a 365-day party with just their parents, because they didn't have an official e-party after they got engaged. She mentioned it was going to be a small backyard BBQ party. It's not like she's announcing it to all her friends like "OH HEY LOOK AT ME WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER ENGAGEMENT PARTY, CELEBRATE ME ME ME"

Who cares?
    But then it blew up into other posters saying it was a great idea because they didn't get an e-party either, and apparently it's also a "thing" elsewhere.  Nobody's attacking this particular person.  Just saying the idea itself is ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    sarahuflsarahufl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Aw, man. We are only engaged 9 months. Sad face.

In all seriousness, I had a 2 friends get married last year and I was invited to:

- 2 showers
    - 2 engagement parties
    - 3 day long bachelorette party on Long Island
    - 3 day long wedding weekend in Savannah

Seriously, enough is enough. I don't have thousands of dollars and weeks of vacation for your wedding.

Quit celebrating yourself.

ETA: they were marrying each other. This was to celebrate 1 wedding.

• Options

Man, yesterday was 5 months until mine!  Does that mean that I could have thrown a party and received more gifts?!?!?  Can I wait and have it this weekend instead or does it have to be on the actual day? Is 2 days too short notice to announce a party and expect a ton of presents? 

I did send an "OMG, only 5 months left and so much to do" text message to my FI yesterday, but no facebook posts or mention to anyone else (well, except now).  I know that nobody cares except me so why should I make them gag with that sh%$?

• Options

Last year, I ran a 5k after work with two girlfriends and our SOs met us at Buffalo Wild Wings afterwards (the finish line was there) for dinner.  About halfway into dinner i was like "Wait...it's May 31!  Our wedding is a year from today!"  and that is all that happened on that day.

B-Dubs and beer probably wasn't appropriate for such a momentus occassion!  Seriously though, we rarely even celebrate Valentine's Day, why would we celebrate the anniversary of something that hasn't happened yet? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards