Snarky Brides
Options

WHAT.

Yes, there is something infinitely worse than the ultrasounds plastered all over your News Feed.  It is a 3D fetus replica, and it comes straight from the gaping maw of Hell.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/aaronc13/you-can-now-get-a-3d-printed-replica-of-your-fetus
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: WHAT.

• Options
    That thing is just creepy...
  • Options
    The box it comes in looks like a freaking coffin!!

• Options
    jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Oh god. Ick. No
  • Options
    chibiyui Cat gifs are the answer to everything tonight-- I approve.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Omg I just read about this like half an hour ago!!!!! I was like wtf?! Who in the world would want that?! The first thing I thought of was that devil baby that has been roaming nyc.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Omg I just read about this like half an hour ago!!!!! I was like wtf?! Who in the world would want that?! The first thing I thought of was that devil baby that has been roaming nyc.
    I'm so disappointed I didn't run into devil baby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    What the frack!!!! Is it bad that I can't decide whether to be fascinated by this sort of technology or really creeped out? I mean who wouldn't want a statue of their future little snowflake?
  • Options
    Okay, so have a 3D/4D/whatever it is picture of my son... The one where he actually looks like a baby, not an ultrasound black-and-white image, and it's amazing how much he actually looks like himself, if that makes sense.

Now, it may be stupidity, it may be the fact it's still early, it may even be the fact that my mind can't handle such a bizarre idea, but... Is this website actually saying that this company will provide you with an actual, personalised, realistic, fetus-doll?

I don't even...

What??
  • Options
    Fuck no. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

.. Well that was my daily dose of terrifying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lol the 3D pictures are nice, but no way am I spending $600 on a plastic physical replica of my baby.  So creepy.

SaveSave
  • Options
    The pic I can understand, but the doll... Can anyone say Chucky nightmares...
  • Options
    Sigh I too wanted to run into devil baby
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I get freaked out as it is when my FSIL posts 3-D images of a baby (it's not even hers!) as she does a countdown. 90 days old.....134 days old, etc. I don't mind the countdown just the picture is frickin creepy!

Photo: Today, my baby is 21 weeks and I'm 133 days from giving birth!    Check out Sprout:  http://itunes.com/apps/SproutPregnancyEssentials
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CLI242009 said:

I get freaked out as it is when my FSIL posts 3-D images of a baby (it's not even hers!) as she does a countdown. 90 days old.....134 days old, etc. I don't mind the countdown just the picture is frickin creepy!

Photo: Today, my baby is 21 weeks and I'm 133 days from giving birth!    Check out Sprout:  http://itunes.com/apps/SproutPregnancyEssentials

Then whose is it?!?
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I couldn't find the best pic of it, but this weirds me out as well:
    (I have come across them with the 3D Ultrasound.. babies are cute and the miracle of life is amazing, but these are creepy!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't find the best pic of it, but this weirds me out as well:
    (I have come across them with the 3D Ultrasound.. babies are cute and the miracle of life is amazing, but these are creepy!)

Wait what the heck am I looking at??!?! o.O

HisGirlFriday13 - EXACTLY!?!?? She posts this at the top of every week and I found out recently it's not even pics of her baby. So like I said I really don't mind the countdown, just the pics are completely unnecessary.

On a side note she keeps getting annoyed at people about the baby names. They're keeping it a secret (which is fine by me, whatever that's their business) so when she is annoyed I want to come back and say - then stop posting a baby countdown!! >.<
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Those things are so freaking creepy looking. I don't even like the 3d ones. I just like the regular kinds.
  • Options
    I understand the appeal of the 3D ultrasound pics (or are those sonograms? idk) and although they sort of weird me out, I'm sure I will want that when it's my baby.  But the fetus dolls-- nononono!

What do you do with the fetus doll when your baby is born?  What if the kid plays with the doll?  Would this create a rift in time/space?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Just looked at the link....no, just, no. 

Looks like a whole bunch of miniature Gollum/Smeagels. I'd be terrified the thing would open its eyes and start asking "What's in it's pocketses, precioussssss?"

I was thinking the exact same thing! I was like..."why do i want a weird looking Gollum?" xD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I couldn't even open the link because ultrasound pictures already freak me out and seeing one in 3D makes me want to hide. Why would you want something like that?
  • Options
    I couldn't even open the link because ultrasound pictures already freak me out and seeing one in 3D makes me want to hide. Why would you want something like that?
    It gets worse.  It's a doll made to look exactly like the 3D ultrasound picture.  The thing really does look like Gollum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Ewww. Just Ewww. I hate it when people expect me to be excited about looking at their ultrasounds. I couldn't bring myself to open the link either. What the fuck are they going to do with a doll that looks like the ultrasound? Put in in a display case? Eww.
  • Options
    I personally enjoy when my good friends show me their ultra-sounds out of excitement for their new family addition. I think it is an exciting thing and I am happy for them. Plus the fact that they would share something that important to them with me makes me feel honored.

That aside: No freaking thank you to a 3-D model. You'll get your 3-d model in 9 months when you go into labor. Goodfreakingbatshitcraziness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards